• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

"Matt Barnes on October incident: "Violence is never the answer, but sometimes it is. And unfortunately, it happened. I don’t regret it."" - @StefanBondyNYDN

LOL, violence is never the answer, but sometimes it is.

Dafuq is with these new state farm commercials?
wtf.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDcuKcUom10

That Damian Lillard baby...... What was that creepy ass movie where there was a dude that looked like a baby but he was a grown con man..

"Matt Barnes on October incident: "Violence is never the answer, but sometimes it is. And unfortunately, it happened. I don’t regret it."" - @StefanBondyNYDN

LOL, violence is never the answer, but sometimes it is.

"Violence is never the answer, but sometimes it is..." needs to be on a plaque somewhere.

Matt Barnes on why Derek Fisher hasn’t responded publicly: “(He) already took one ‘L’ so what’s the point?”

Lol

"Bulls just announced that Joakim Noah will undergo shoulder surgery that sidelines him four to six months" - @ESPNSteinLine

Should've traded him while they could have.

Warriors in a bit of a funk lately. Hope they didn't peak too early.
I think it's a mixture of teams figuring out how to play against them, fatigue, and just the general ebb-and-flow of the game. I'm sure they'll be fine. Just have to wait and see. Though if the Warriors fail to come back in this game it's very possible the Spurs/Warriors game might be for the tentative lead in West.

Fjordson

Haven't looked at any numbers, but Golden State's bench feels somehow worse than last year. Too many games like tonight this year where they're just fucking terrible.

edit: Barnes -28 in 23 minutes tonight. Wow.

Fjordson

Steph with 36. Like the Denver game, he's basically the only Warrior making a difference.

Curry 13 for 25, rest of the team 17 for 59.

spyder_ur

The Celtics almost got freaking robbed tonight.

Also, Brad Stevens is a goddamn hero. What a brilliant set and decision to go full court to get some space.

So is the 72-10 dream almost dead for the warriors? Theyd have to basically finish the season without any more of these slumps to get it, and usually the games get much tougher towards the end due to playoff seeding pressure and stuff

So is the 72-10 dream almost dead for the warriors? Theyd have to basically finish the season without any more of these slumps to get it

37-4 at the midway point means their pace is technically 74-8. The difficult thing is they still have all their games against OKC and San Antonio in front of them. I haven't looked at the rest of the their schedule to see how it compares, but based on those games alone, it would seem the second half of the slate is harder than the first. They're also in Cleveland on Monday night.

Fjordson

I would say the dream is dead. They'll probably lose to Cleveland on Monday and San Antonio the Monday after that. That'll be 7 losses a little too quickly.

Edit: 6 losses. Point still stands, though.

shanafan

You don't want to see Paul George, Lebron or Melo at center?

No, because they do not deserve the starting center spot in the East. Drummond is a monster in that spot this season so far and to think of a positional player not getting that spot because of how all-star voting works, well, is pretty terrible.

So is the 72-10 dream almost dead for the warriors? Theyd have to basically finish the season without any more of these slumps to get it, and usually the games get much tougher towards the end due to playoff seeding pressure and stuff

Plus they won 24 games in a row to get to where they're currently at. They will have to go on another tear like that to come close.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
37-4 at the midway point means their pace is technically 74-8. The difficult thing is they still have all their games against OKC and San Antonio in front of them. I haven't looked at the rest of the their schedule to see how it compares, but based on those games alone, it would seem the second half of the slate is harder than the first. They're also in Cleveland on Monday night.

They ghave ames against the Bulls who play them hard, Spurs, cavs and pacers coming up. I did not think the Pistons would a be a loss for them.

I feed bad for Joakim Noah, dude was a loyal and badass warrior for the Bulls. He Honestly deserves better than spending his last year on the bench and injured. This team just never got any breaks after rose's mvp year not to mention questionable moves by management.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I just got done from that Warriors/Pistons game. Pretty damn awesome. They brought almost the entire 04 championship team back to honor Big Ben. Ben teared up a few times during the whole thing as well. Just really great night at the Palace.

Did anyone watch the game? It looked like the Warriors were the victims of home cooking on a few calls tonight. I'm not complaining, but just curious.

Fjordson

Refs were pretty bad for Golden State, but it didn't really affect the outcome imo. Game wasn't even close after the first quarter.

I just got done from that Warriors/Pistons game. Pretty damn awesome. They brought almost the entire 04 championship team back to honor Big Ben. Ben teared up a few times during the whole thing as well. Just really great night at the Palace.

Did anyone watch the game? It looked like the Warriors were the victims of home cooking on a few calls tonight. I'm not complaining, but just curious.

No one other than Steph could buy a bucket. Yeah there were some questionable calls, but the Pistons outplayed them tonight.

Resilient

hope the Kings can pull it together soon. would like to see them make the playoffs. they have a good squad kind of and play hard
sometimes.

Let Drummond make the allstar team. I wanna see his big ass get alleys and block people. Im curious gaf, is there a center in the east that is better than Drummond right now? I cant think of any.

Baron Davis is trying to make a comeback?

"ESPN sources say Baron Davis has cleared @nbadleague waivers after going unclaimed by league's 19 teams. Now goes into Available Player Pool"

"First @nbadleague team interested can now claim Baron Davis directly from Available Player Pool w/out losing its spot in league draft order" - @ESPNSteinLine

Baron Davis is trying to make a comeback?

"ESPN sources say Baron Davis has cleared @nbadleague waivers after going unclaimed by league's 19 teams. Now goes into Available Player Pool"

"First @nbadleague team interested can now claim Baron Davis directly from Available Player Pool w/out losing its spot in league draft order" - @ESPNSteinLine

Maybe the Mad Ants will pick him up! If so, I might actually go see a game to see what kind of shape he is in.

RBH

d27ffuuivdohu9ai3fpm.jpg

The Los Angeles Times asked 24 coaches and assistants who the dirtiest player in the NBA is, and unsurprisingly, 13 of them voted for Cavaliers point guard Matthew Dellavedova. They cited him injuring Kyle Korver’s ankle, falling onto Al Horford and causing Horford to drop the People’s Elbow, and pissing off Taj Gibson.

The others receiving votes were (in order) Steven Adams, Andrew Bogut, Matt Barnes, and Serge Ibaka. The top three vote getters all come from Australia and New Zealand, which is pretty interesting considering that there are only eight such players in the NBA (nine if you count Kyrie Irving).
http://deadspin.com/who-do-coaches-players-think-is-the-nba-s-dirtiest-pl-1753464808

Resilient

not surprised. In Australia you have to play a bit tougher in comps to account for the lack of height against big guys. everybody is a small ball dude but wants to play like a 7 foot center, so you have these 6' - 6'4" dudes playing in the paint and going hard. lol.

Top Bottom