• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

What false pretenses? Team just made a splash by signing Dwight Howard and Steve Nash at the time. No one could've guessed that they'd burn so hard. Not only that but historically, the Lakers have been the safest bets in the NBA for TV contracts. They rarely miss the playoffs and have the largest casual fanbase overall. The timing was unfortunate.

That the Lakers would produce a certain rating number based on a roster that is expected to contend, not intentionally go into the tank year after year, and become the laughing stock of the association.

I am shocked that there is not some sort of breech of contract here.

That the Lakers would produce a certain rating number based on a roster that is expected to contend, not intentionally go into the tank year after year, and become the laughing stock of the association.

I am shocked that there is not some sort of breech of contract here.

Welcome to the rest of the NBA....I don't understand how you can think that the Lakers should automatically contend just because they're the Lakers.

Whatever the case, with Kobe's retirement tour, ratings are probably really good right now.

Welcome to the rest of the NBA....I don't understand how you can think that the Lakers should automatically contend just because they're the Lakers.

Whatever the case, with Kobe's retirement tour, ratings are probably really good right now.

They are at an all time low in team history. I checked. And they are different form the rest of the NBA because they have an exclusive TV deal with TWC, which already cost the sports division head his job back in October 2015.

Im just saying everyone can turn a blind eye. But at some point someone has to stand up and point out what is going on........There is a criminal case here for theft of money.

Miracle

They are at an all time low in team history. I checked. And they are different form the rest of the NBA because they have an exclusive TV deal with TWC, which already cost the sports division head his job back in October 2015.

Im just saying everyone can turn a blind eye. But at some point someone has to stand up and point out what is going on........There is a criminal case here for theft of money.

v1q3QQ.gif

ViciousDS

Banned
wtf bulls......alright I'm done, Switching to TNT early. Moves need to be made with Pau or Noah and sadly Hoiberg needs to fucking ride his players for screwing up. I didn't like Thibs minutes on the players but he was a fucking amazing coach. There is no defense this year at all......its like it simply doesn't exist and we just try to outscore players. Except.....the 76'ers are outscoring us lol

Bread

Banned

Jesus you're such a baby. Your team sucks for the first time in 40 years deal with it.

You keep saying this yet offer no rational reason why. HOW is it a case worthy of a lawsuit? Just because a team sucks doesn't constitute it being worthy of a lawsuit...

They're tanking? Guess what? Your team is in a rebuilding process. It typically takes multiple seasons for teams to rebuild if there's a talent gap (make the playoffs/advance/contend). Sometimes teams are stuck shitty for a long time ...I know this personally.

Tony Parker is single handedly saving the Spurs right now. They're so lucky to only be down 6. LMA has to show up. This is a game where he needs to earn his money, and so far he's not stepping up. If he can't than Pop needs to get David West out there.

Kanguro

Neo Member
Parker is playing out of his mind :eek:

I love how players on both sides will insist that this is just another game before and after, but you can tell on the court how much extra effort they put in.

Parker shitting on the Cavs is nothing new. Cavs need to play better D down low. Not sure what else to do other than Moz getting healthier.

Miracle

Jesus you're such a baby. Your team sucks for the first time in 40 years deal with it.

I'm a Lakers fan and trust me, this is not how most of the Lakers fans are acting right now.

Most of us are actually ok with the sucking right now AS LONG as we develop the young core in the process (and if we keep our freaking lottery pick)

So far however, Byron Scott, while being a great Tank commander, is doing an abysmal job at developing the young core. I can't wait till the Lakers finally kick him to the curb.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Spurs passing makes me sad to be a Bulls fan. It really is perfect basketball, I only hope the Spurs play the Warriors. Greatest series of all time?

Tom Penny

People will say Lebron scored like 20 on Leonard when in reality he was scared of him and called for screen nearly every single time he was isolated on him because he can't get by him.

People will say Lebron scored like 20 on Leonard when in reality he was scared of him and called for screen nearly every single time he was isolated on him because he can't get by him.

or you know.. why overexert yourself trying to beat a man off the dribble when you can get some help.

Solid win by the Spurs tonight. Everyone stepped up at critical moments. Still wish they wouldn't be so slow in the first quarter, but at least they come back.

Top Bottom