• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Owzers

I presume they didn't implement Kevin Love's new role for the team yet? Seemed to hang around the perimeter like usual, but i was distracted by Xenoblade X some of the time....

s'ok guys this is just a transition period. Coach had a blank tablet ready to download everything and was deep in notes.

cramming before a major test!

Sadly that's one guy that won't improve....he doesn't have the agility and athletic ability to keep up with any of the 3' or even 4's.

Even when he plays as well as he can defensively, he gets called.

I was thinking that maybe he could become a Kyle Korver on defense who is not a liability but it just doesn't seem like it's happening.

Doug made a terrible grab-foul on LeBron on that play but that was Jimmy's fault. LeBron doesn't fool anyone when he goes straight to the basket, Jimmy should have stayed in front of him.

ViciousDS

Banned
Even when he plays as well as he can defensively, he gets called.

I was thinking that maybe he could become a Kyle Korver on defense who is not a liability but it just doesn't seem like it's happening.

Doug made a terrible grab-foul on LeBron on that play but that was Jimmy's fault. LeBron doesn't fool anyone when he goes straight to the basket, Jimmy should have stayed in front of him.

Problem is I see korver open on off ball screens. I just never see McDermott getting away from the defender enough. Only open looks he gets is when he's spotting in the corner and then when he is open....he hesitates and doesn't pull the trigger and tries to drive.

Problem is I see korver open on off ball screens. I just never see McDermott getting away from the defender enough. Only open looks he gets is when he's spotting in the corner and then when he is open....he hesitates and doesn't pull the trigger and tries to drive.

Yeah, that's a good point.

McDermott doesn't get open nearly as much as Korver or Dunleavy for the matter.

I guess it's his lack of speed.

That works in college when there's no defense but not in this league.

To his credit, McDermott shoots every time when he has a sliver of space but he rarely gets wide open looks unless there is a breakdown in the defense.

Cleveland just had one of those terrible shooting nights. Call it Chicago's defense if you wish, but Chicago didn't have a hand in anyone's face during free throws. The basket had a lid on it, what are you going to do?

It seemed as if Kyrie just wasn't all that aggressive tonight. The box score surprises me, as he did manage to get up 16 shots (missed 11 of them), but only 2 in the 4th quarter and it didn't really seem that the ball was in his hands all that often.

Dre3001

Yep, Blatt was clearly the problem. Good job guys. You showed him.

Im starting to wonder if the media will ever address the elephant in the room instead of continually blaming others.

How is it that nobody who has coached Lebron is viewed as a being any good?

Paul Silas, Mike Brown, Eric Spoelstra and now David Blatt.

Is it a matter of GMs repeatedly making terrible hires for coaches or rather Lebron is uncoachable and will only listen to a shill of a coach that will let him do whatever he wants?

Edit: Found a link of Shaq saying the same thing about Mike Brown that Haywood was saying about Blatt. Lebron was never held accountable

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2011/11/02/shaq-says-lebron-never-listened-to-mike-brown-in-cleveland/

A little bit late to be piling on, but LOL Lue. That's why you were a piece of shit player, and now you're a piece of shit coach on a piece of shit franchise that employs the world's shitiest "best player in the world" piece of shit. Enjoy not winning shit.

Yeah, quotes were taken a bit out of context or bad reported above, but Blatt got so shafted in Cleveland it's beyong anything absurd that happened in the NBA since at least the Marion trade by Phoenix. It's the kind of fuckery that's fucks a franchise royally.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Im starting to wonder if the media will ever address the elephant in the room instead of continually blaming others.

How is it that nobody who has coached Lebron is viewed as a being any good?

Paul Silas, Mike Brown, Eric Spoelstra and now David Blatt.

Is it a matter of GMs repeatedly making terrible hires for coaches or rather Lebron is uncoachable and will only listen to a shill of a coach that will let him do whatever he wants?

Edit: Found a link of Shaq saying the same thing about Mike Brown that Haywood was saying about Blatt. Lebron was never held accountable

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2011/11/02/shaq-says-lebron-never-listened-to-mike-brown-in-cleveland/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGpSpXJwlJ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgf6fd88g8

Guy doesn't respect the position of a coach at all.

Top Bottom