• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Bread

Banned
They need to trade for a wing scorer so bad. They go on such big droughts that have cost them like 5 games.
Whenever Thomas goes out we have Turner handling the ball and shit just goes wrong. I don't know what wing players are available through trade, sadly. Rose's descent into scrub level play has made Butler a necessary piece for the bulls.

Tom Penny

Whenever Thomas goes out we have Turner handling the ball and shit just goes wrong. I don't know what wing players are available through trade, sadly. Rose's descent into scrub level play has made Butler a necessary piece for the bulls.

Imagine Turner and Smart in a 3 point contest? That's what nightmares are made of...

Raptors :)

I love this team. While the NBA is focused on Cleveland and Golden State. I like the Raptors being the team that no one talks about, the underdog.

Woj's article is up. Basically Lebron wanted Mark Jackson since he decided to return to the Cavs. Griffin didn't want Jackson because of the stuff that happened in Golden St. Lue is the compromise

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-da...with-lebron-james-and-his-camp-035612484.html

Who knows, his article might be spot on. However, like many other Woj articles, it reads like he has an ax to grind, for either himself or perhaps on behalf of those connections that get him all his scoops.

boxter432

JC Curry.
Pacers get within 7... Bury a 3 10 feet behind the line.
Pacer score again with seconds left...nail a half court shot at the buzzer. NBD.

Gigglepoo

So you at least will be happy when the Lakers' approach backfires, yes? You have to learn to accept the little victories.

The Lakers have a down couple years while their best player fades into the sunset. The Sixers dump everyone with a pulse in a desperate attempt to land the second coming. Not at all comparable.

Former Cavalier Brendan Haywood chimes in:

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2016/...help-team-scared-of-lebron-lost-cavs-respect/

“From what I was hearing, David Blatt kind of lost the team,” Haywood told hosts Justine Termine and former NBA player Eddie Johnson. “Then there were differences about what guys should be playing and what guys weren’t playing, from a management-coaching standpoint.

“When you throw in those type of things combined with the fact that Tyronn Lue already had a lot of power in the organization, had a lot of traction, and a lot of people that were there already viewed him as the coach, these type of things happen.”

Lue, 38, the Cavs’ associate coach was promoted to Blatt’s position Friday, agreeing to a new multi-year deal. There had been reports last season that Cleveland players heeded Lue’s instructions, confided in him and leaned more on his advice than on Blatt’s.

“It’s unfortunate because David Blatt’s a good guy,” the 7-footer said. “He was in first place. I’ve never seen a coach in first place fired. And on top of that, they’re in first place and their second-best player [Kyrie Irving] didn’t play most of the first part of the season.”

But there were legitimate reasons for the change that Haywood specified in the satellite radio interview. Among his charges: Blatt had a double standard toward James that other Cavaliers players resented.

“Coach Blatt was very hesitant to challenge LeBron James,” Haywood said. “It was one of those situations where, being a rookie coach, and LeBron being bigger than life, it was a little too much for him. I remember we had James Jones [talk] to Coach about how, ‘Hey, you can’t just skip over when LeBron James makes a mistake in the film room.’ Because we all see it.

“And we’re like, ‘Hey, you didn’t say anything about that. You’re going to correct when Matthew Dellavedova‘s not in the right spot. You’re going to say something when Tristan Thompson‘s not in the right spot. Well, we see a fast break and LeBron didn’t get back on defense or there’s a rotation and he’s supposed to be there, and you just keep rolling the film and the whole room is quiet.’ We see that as players. That’s when … as a player, you start to lose respect for a coach.

“Slowly but surely, that respect started chipping away where he would kind of be scared to correct LeBron in film sessions. When he would call every foul for LeBron in practice. Those type of things add up. Guys are like, ‘C’mon man, are you scared of him?’ ”
Blatt did not meet with reporters Friday, instead releasing a statement through his agents. It read in part: “I’d like to thank [owner] Dan Gilbert and [general manager] David Griffin for giving me this opportunity and am honored to have worked with an amazing group of players from LeBron James, Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love through our entire roster.”

The flashpoints that marked Blatt’s first season in Cleveland – his attempt to call a timeout that the Cavaliers didn’t have left late in a playoff game against Chicago, drawing up a crunch-time play against the Bulls that James vetoed because it didn’t put the ball in his hands, assorted incidents of bad body language by the Cavs superstar relative to his coach – were largely missing this season.

But according to Haywood, they weren’t replaced by the positives needed from the head coach of an NBA championship contender. That’s why he considered Cleveland management’s move Friday to be fair.

“I remember last year telling somebody on the team, ‘I love David Blatt. But if we’re in a close game, he can’t help us,’ ” Haywood said on Sirius XM. “That’s not a shot at Blatt. But … David Blatt can’t come to a huddle and draw up a play that would get us a good shot. David Blatt doesn’t understand sometimes substitution patterns.

“The mistake he made against the Bulls when he didn’t have the ball in LeBron’s hands at the end of the game… There were obvious mistakes he was making, and you start to see it as a player, where ‘We’re going to have to win this on our own, because he can’t do for us what Gregg Popovich can do for the Spurs. He can’t take advantage of a mismatch the way Steve Kerr did in the NBA Finals – Steve Kerr made it so it was hard for us to play James Jones. They attacked him every time he was in the game.”
Actually, every coach in the NBA would attack James Jones with whomever he was guarding, but Haywood was on a roll.

“Blatt didn’t feel the game like that, and those mistakes can get you beat. When the goal is championship or bust and you don’t think that coach can get you to a championship or help you win a championship, then that’s what has to be done.

“I honestly think they’re a better team. I have no ill will toward David, I hope he gets another job. But as a guy who was there last year, I think Tyronn Lue will do a better job.”

beat

Woj's article is up. Basically Lebron wanted Mark Jackson since he decided to return to the Cavs. Griffin didn't want Jackson because of the stuff that happened in Golden St. Lue is the compromise

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-da...with-lebron-james-and-his-camp-035612484.html
I can see thinking that when he first returned to the Cavs. But after seeing Kerr unlock another level for the Dubs by installing a much better offensive system, why would he still want MJax? Esp for a guy who seems to have the Warriors in his head since the Finals.

I can see thinking that when he first returned to the Cabs. But after seeing Kerr unlock another level for the Dubs by installing a much better offensive system, why would he still want MJax? Esp for a guy who seems to have the Warriors in his head since the Finals.

For some reason players seem to absolutely love Mark Jackson.

Fjordson

Curry's per 36 this year:

31.9/6.8/5.6/2.2 stls
51/45/91%

Michael Jordan the 72-10 year:

29/4.1/6.3/2.1 stls
49.5/42.7/83%

👀

Mumei

This is almost as bad as Twitter highlight truthers.

Wouldn't a better comparison be to use Jordan in 1989 - 90 or 1990 - 91, since that would be at the same age?

Edit: This is what I get for looking at things before posting! Early 30s, though.

Jonm1010

Banned
lmao.

Man up, Blatt. I hope he at least exposes LeBron and the organization.

If he ever does it will be years from now. Either after he flames out and has no shits to give or he finds strong, sustained success somewhere and feels safe and proven enough to speak out.

Sandfox

Curry is a great defender and far better passer...
If anything I would say Jordan is an underrated passer. Curry is a better defender than he used to be though.
This is almost as bad as Twitter highlight truthers.

Not saying Curry is as good Jordan lol. I mean MJ was in his mid 30's in 1996.
I'm not disagreeing with the fact that they are impressive numbers lol.
curry is doing that in the era of lebron james
Different eras that they both benefited from playing in.

Top Bottom