• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Ronin Ray

So I've just started watching a bit of basketball recently, and didn't realize there's a female announcer? That's pretty cool. Even if Doris Burke sounds like a bit like a hip old person trying to stay "with it"

I think she is one of the better announcers but is awful doing that halftime show. I miss cheryl miller but I don't know if she ever got to call games. I don't know what happened to her, she probably is coaching somewhere.

Jarate

Banned
The Lakers have a down couple years while their best player fades into the sunset. The Sixers dump everyone with a pulse in a desperate attempt to land the second coming. Not at all comparable.

LOL

I respect this groups tanking because they do it poorly, while I hate this other teams tanking because they do it more efficiently!

I still can't believe Curry took two half court shots last night and made em both.

Is Deron Williams good again?

Overall he's been alright this season. I was watching them play OKC last night and he had a couple of nice plays driving to the rim.

Mavs actually came back from 14 at one point in the beginning of the 4th to make it a close game at the end. Salah Merji had an absolute nasty block on KD which would have sealed it for them.

Dirk had a chance to tie the game with a wide open 3 and missed. :/

I think Deron will probably stay though,

Gigglepoo

LOL

I respect this groups tanking because they do it poorly, while I hate this other teams tanking because they do it more efficiently!

Not really. The Lakers hands are tied until Kobe Bryant retires. Down years often happen to teams with an all-time great at the end of his career.

Jarate

Banned
Not really. The Lakers hands are tied until Kobe Bryant retires. Down years often happen to teams with an all-time great at the end of his career.

So youre implying the Lakers arent tanking right now? Just so they can show Kobe to be one of the least efficient players in the NBA and have him take shots and plays that other players should be getting?

and the Sixers are so just getting rid of every player. Let's look at how well MCW is doing in Milwaukee... or KJ McDaniels in Houston. What other players did they trade or give away to lose on purpose?

Both teams are tanking, I dont see how one is better then the other, unless you really value the husk of Kobe Bryant being incredibly inneficient and hurting his teams developement.

Has this been posted yet? Last year the Cavs considered trading Love to the Suns for a package based around Markieff Morris & Isaiah Thomas.

http://www.fearthesword.com/2016/1/21/10811424/report-cavaliers-considered-trading-kevin-love-to-suns-last-season

I like that trade for the cavs. Lebron will eventually swing to PF in the playoffs and that leaves Love, whos a high volume shooter, to be playing center and guarding centers?

if they got the Suns 1st rounder for a couple of years that would be great. Love has never been able to carry a franchise, and that was when be was in his prime. Suns are and continue to not know what they want to do.

Only bad thing is youd basically be trading Wiggins for Thomas and Morris and future picks which would piss me off

Gigglepoo

So youre implying the Lakers arent tanking right now? Just so they can show Kobe to be one of the least efficient players in the NBA and have him take shots and plays that other players should be getting?

The Lakers are definitely tanking. I just don't know what else they could do. Cut Kobe? Bench him? As an organization that prides itself on acquiring (and keeping) star talent, that would send a negative message. So they're letting Kobe go out on his own terms. It's a pretty different situation than what Philly is doing, no?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt the Lakers would continue down this road indefinitely. They'll do whatever they can go be relevant, starting next year. I don't see any urgency from the Sixers. They seem content to be terrible until they're saved by ping pong balls.

AcridMeat

Banned
all cavs nonsense aside. i enjoyed robin lopez slapping chris paul in the face
I fucking loved it. Chris Paul is such a punk. Look at the ref try to basically tackle Robin Lopez after it too. League needs to get rid of favoritism, but it will never happen because those are the money makers.

ViciousDS

Banned
Dear heavens morotic is shooting 38% overall for the entire season......and it's worse when he can't even play a lick of defense or dribble.

This guy did not translate well coming over at all.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Dear heavens morotic is shooting 38% overall for the entire season......and it's worse when he can't even play a lick of defense or dribble.

This guy did not translate well coming over at all.

So weird, because he was so good second half of last year. Not sure what happened

BadAss2961

Other than his blocks, Pau just kills me on defense. Always giving up offensive rebounds and deflates every time he gets scored on.

BadAss2961

If he ever does it will be years from now. Either after he flames out and has no shits to give or he finds strong, sustained success somewhere and feels safe and proven enough to speak out.
He could always go back to Europe, so he should be able to talk some shit if he wants to. Doubt he will though.
Wow can't believe Lebron didn't get that call. I thought Snell might have been purposely fouling him.

Meh, that was just good defense.

Sandfox

and the Sixers are so just getting rid of every player. Let's look at how well MCW is doing in Milwaukee... or KJ McDaniels in Houston. What other players did they trade or give away to lose on purpose?

Both teams are tanking, I dont see how one is better then the other, unless you really value the husk of Kobe Bryant being incredibly inneficient and hurting his teams developement.

I like that trade for the cavs. Lebron will eventually swing to PF in the playoffs and that leaves Love, whos a high volume shooter, to be playing center and guarding centers?

if they got the Suns 1st rounder for a couple of years that would be great. Love has never been able to carry a franchise, and that was when be was in his prime. Suns are and continue to not know what they want to do.

Only bad thing is youd basically be trading Wiggins for Thomas and Morris and future picks which would piss me off
The Lakers aren't tanking, they just suck atm for various reasons.

ViciousDS

Banned
LeBron......is going to start pump faking a lot isn't he.......dude isn't even that old and he looks like he's about to pull the old man tricks out lol

Top Bottom