• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Yeah, I guess LMA is a stretch. Though I can't of think of who would have replaced him.

edit: maybe Lillard?

Lillard is playing better than Klay Thompson or LaMarcus this year, but being on a bad team he doesn't get the exposure like he used to. Really, the biggest problem is Kobe; his performance shouldn't warrant even appearing on a ballot, but he's such a fixture that he cleans up the fan voting.

n7oBQlg.png

phanphare

Banned
The Hornets are close to activating MKG, which seems crazy to me. At the time of the surgery in October, they were talking 6 months.

yeah I knew he'd be back early. MKG's that kind of dude. I never thought he'd be back this early though. we need his defense though. badly. we average like 102 points per game yet are under .500

Fjordson

Woj on Tim Kawakami's podcast is saying that the Warriors will be in play if Durant starts looking outside of OKC next year (though also says he's leaning towards staying at the moment). Mentioned that Curry and Draymond are becoming magnetic to other big players in the league as far as potential teammates. Goddamn goddamn.

Fjordson

Honestly, I'd rather keep the team as is together for as long as possible. Durant doesn't strike me as an amazing defender.
Ideally sure, but don't you think Barnes will get some crazy offer?

edit: also Woj did say Durant wants to stay as of now, so I'm stretching a bit here. But I certainly wouldn't mind KD if we have an opening at the 3 spot.

Woj on Tim Kawakami's podcast is saying that the Warriors will be in play if Durant starts looking outside of OKC next year (though also says he's leaning towards staying at the moment). Mentioned that Curry and Draymond are becoming magnetic to other big players in the league as far as potential teammates. Goddamn goddamn.

Yeah was listening to True Hoops podcast and Ethan Strauss mentioned that if you ask any Warriors staff about it they'll say they've been told not to talk about it but he says there's some background stuff going on. Also mentioned interestingly enough that if they somehow sign KD, the rest of the league will screw the Warriors with the collective bargaining agreement where it'll be impossible to put together a decent bench unit.

Still the caveat is that they'll lose Harrison Barnes and Ezeli which I dunno if you'd wanna break that up/

Fjordson

Yeah was listening to True Hoops podcast and Ethan Strauss mentioned that if you ask any Warriors staff about it they'll say they've been told not to talk about it but he says there's some background stuff going on. Also mentioned interestingly enough that if they somehow sign KD, the rest of the league will screw the Warriors with the collective bargaining agreement where it'll be impossible to put together a decent bench unit.

Still the caveat is that they'll lose Harrison Barnes and Ezeli which I dunno if you'd wanna break that up/
Ideally I wouldn't want to, but I feel like Barnes' worth has a ceiling. A ceiling that some team's offer is going to soar over this summer.

Ideally sure, but don't you think Barnes will get some crazy offer?

edit: also Woj did say Durant wants to stay as of now, so I'm stretching a bit here. But I certainly wouldn't mind KD if we have an opening at the 3 spot.

I feel like getting Durant will involve further gutting the team... which means Klay will be gone and no bench. We'd be playing Durant, Dray and Steph over 38 minutes a game which can't be good.

Into

If you are KD and you want to win, and win alot. Why not consider Golden State?

I understand the Miami Lebron argument, of joining up with a superteam to win. But i dont think the backlash would be as big, because there is a unlikeability to Wade, that 2006 finals, and LeBron was never loved by everyone, put those in a stew and its hate coming out.

I Steph and is one of the most likeable people in the league, and despite trying to fight with the press, KD is also very likeable.

Add in the fact that OKC is a small market team, and many hardcore basketball fans are still pissed about Seattle and i think it would be a celebrated move by neutrals.

Not saying its gonna happen. But entertain the idea, why not? Better than fucking Wizards.

Fjordson

I feel like getting Durant will involve further gutting the team... which means Klay will be gone and no bench. We'd be playing Durant, Dray and Steph over 38 minutes a game which can't be good.
Yeah I guess dipping into the big 3 might be a little too risky.

If you are KD and you want to win, and win alot. Why not consider Golden State?

I understand the Miami Lebron argument, of joining up with a superteam to win. But i dont think the backlash would be as big, because there is a unlikeability to Wade, that 2006 finals, and LeBron was never loved by everyone, put those in a stew and its hate coming out.

I Steph and is one of the most likeable people in the league, and despite trying to fight with the press, KD is also very likeable.

Add in the fact that OKC is a small market team, and many hardcore basketball fans are still pissed about Seattle and i think it would be a celebrated move by neutrals.

Not saying its gonna happen. But entertain the idea, why not? Better than fucking Wizards.
That's essentially what Woj said. He's heard that if Durant leaves he's looking for a "win now" situation. Also thought the magnetic comment about Draymond and Steph was interesting.

But yeah, it's a long shot. He straight up said Durant is looking for reasons to stay as opposed to looking for reasons to leave.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Didn't someone work out a way for you guys to get Durant and still keep the core starters aside from Bogut and Barnes? Those two and I think Iggy would have to go.

beat

I really doubt an organization that's so dedicated to minimizing games missed due to injury would aim for a roster that puts heavy loads on the stars.

spyder_ur

The Magic have an interesting roster with a bunch of compelling pieces, but I just don't think you can build your team around this many non-shooters in today's NBA. Gordon has really improved though.

Silkworm

Celtics win their 5th game in a row and now tie the Hawks for 4th place in the East behind Cleveland, Toronto, and Chicago. Surely they will lose their next game at Orlando.... or maybe not? Can't tell to be honest but I'm enjoying this winning streak :)

The irelevance of what Noah became. He turned of DPotY to trash in one year. How he fell of the face of the earth still blows my mind.

He looked decent this year, not sure what you were watching.

The year before that was his knee.

He'd be similar to the stud he was that one year if Hoiberg didn't fuck up and bench him.

The Simmons/Barkley podcast is pretty entertaining, despite how much of an idiot Barkley seems to be. He at one point said that if Joel Embiid was healthy, the Sixers would be a playoff team. On top of that, im paraphrasing, but this exchange happened:

Chuck: "And if they had Embiid, they probably would have drafted a guard instead of Okafor"
Bill: "Yeah but the Lakers had already taken Russell so the Sixers had to take Okafor or Porzingis"
Chuck: "But the Lakers would have drafted Okafor they need a big man"

Somehow Embiid being healthy on a team on the other side of the country would have made the Lakers choose Okafor over Russel.

The Simmons/Barkley podcast is pretty entertaining, despite how much of an idiot Barkley seems to be. He at one point said that if Joel Embiid was healthy, the Sixers would be a playoff team. On top of that, im paraphrasing, but this exchange happened:

Chuck: "And if they had Embiid, they probably would have drafted a guard instead of Okafor"
Bill: "Yeah but the Lakers had already taken Russell so the Sixers had to take Okafor or Porzingis"
Chuck: "But the Lakers would have drafted Okafor they need a big man"

Somehow Embiid being healthy on a team on the other side of the country would have made the Lakers choose Okafor over Russel.

To be fair to Chuck, I think he was initially confused to the draft order. I'm pretty sure he thought the Sixers picked 2nd.

ViciousDS

Banned
He looked decent this year, not sure what you were watching.

The year before that was his knee.

He'd be similar to the stud he was that one year if Hoiberg didn't fuck up and bench him.

He is shooting 38% from the floor and still can't hit free throws. Also played 7 more minutes on average than Bobby Portis and barely out does him in stats. Every game I watched with noah was him missing insanely easy diving layups that He used to do in his sleep.

Benching him had some effect......but it should have gave him more energy and a reason to play insanely well. Now he has a shoulder injury and is out. I loved Noah at the top of his game though.

Gigglepoo

I get annoyed when people bring up this argument. Embiid was injured when he was drafted. This wasn't a freak thing with him. Same thing with Kyrie. You can wax hypothetical all you want, but it's pure wish fulfillment to want injury-prone guys to be healthy. Sorry, but there's no scenario where Oden was healthy. The front offices took a gamble on injured guys. Sometimes it works, usually it doesn't.

Jarate

Banned
I do think Embiid comes back next year, and watch out if he does. Dude from everything ive heard can still ball really well, and seems much more focused on his health then last year.

Next years team will be ridiculous if he does come back

Okafor, Noel, Embiid, Saric, Covington, Stauskas, McConell, Smith, Holmes and whoever they take in the 1st round along with some possible veteran talent (although I think Ish Smith covers that really well) is still a bad team, but it will be a lot easier to swallow for the national media and will be an actual possible decent basketball team.

also, the sixers are only 2 games in front of the Lakers for Tank 4 Simmons/Ingram. We gotta stop winning

I do think Embiid comes back next year, and watch out if he does. Dude from everything ive heard can still ball really well, and seems much more focused on his health then last year.

Next years team will be ridiculous if he does come back

Okafor, Noel, Embiid, Saric, Covington, Stauskas, McConell, Smith, Holmes and whoever they take in the 1st round along with some possible veteran talent (although I think Ish Smith covers that really well) is still a bad team, but it will be a lot easier to swallow for the national media and will be an actual possible decent basketball team.

also, the sixers are only 2 games in front of the Lakers for Tank 4 Simmons/Ingram. We gotta stop winning

Trust the process.

Top Bottom