• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Curry redeemed himself throughout the end game. He played really smart and didn't force his shot because it was clearly off as hell. No one would have blamed him as he's one of the most clutch shooters, instead he looked to drive first and made a lot of off ball plays that worked.

But that iso against KD at the end was just beautiful. KD has some serious height over Curry, so to hit that was just amazing.

I think what's most amazing is that even when curry is clearly off, he still gets doubled and defenders go above screens. Every. single. Time. It's what allowed that swim pass to klay for the 3 at the end which was the momentum stopper.

Great game overall. The warriors are absurdly good. OKC has an issue with depth and Warriors have a strength in that area. I don't see how coaching or stars can make up for that gap. Looking forward to the other games.

Fjordson

Was at the Warriors game. Atmosphere was hype and there were a lot of celebs at the game lol. Curry was pretty bad for a few quarters there, but he and Draymond came through at the end.

Durant was amazing, dude always kills GS it seems. Thunder are dangerous, though I don't think they have the depth to hang with GS.

Yabo

Banned
Too bad they don't have someone like James Harden on their team to be that third engine. Maybe they should trade for him? Think he'd be a good fit.
Complete opposite of what they need. They dont need a ballhog turnover machine, they need a Pau Gasol or someone similar.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
good game warriors

The Thunder had 15 TOs (no it wasnt the defense lol) and they almost beat a historically great team on the road damn.

See how that works? You cant just pretend the factors of the outcome of the game have nothing to do with the other team

Huh? OKC average 15 TOs a game...so right on average?

Thompson and Curry don't typically go 2-15 (14%) from 3pt range. Add 5 more (or 15 points) to that and you'd have a standard game.

I wasn't cherry-picking stats...Curry and Thompson just missed a lot of shots they normally make. nbd.

Kickz

Karl Anthony Towns is an absolute MONSTER. He may have already reached Anthony Davis level and he is only a ROOK...

Eos

Karl Anthony Towns is an absolute MONSTER. He may have already reached Anthony Davis level and he is only a ROOK...

ROY no questions. All the timberwolves need now is a consistent 3 point shooter and a new coach. as for rubio, he needs to learn how to shoot... lol. he does everything else well.

Kickz

ROY no questions. All the timberwolves need now is a consistent 3 point shooter and a new coach. as for rubio, he needs to learn how to shoot... lol. he does everything else well.

Yup, couple of 3 and D guys would help. Its just incredible how talented this kid is.

phanphare

Banned
Jeremy Lamb is having a pretty good year in Charlotte :p

I remember Al's interview after the bulls game in November was pretty funny in that regard, Al was scratching his head over the fact that this dude never got minutes before

"I wanted to ask you about Jeremy Lamb, one of the many guys on this team that can shoot, but what have you seen from him so far?

Al: the one thing that stands out to me since training camp is I can't believe this guy's been sitting on the bench for three years. I don't watch college basketball so I didn't know much about him in college and I knew he was a part of that James Harden trade in Houston but for the life of me I just haven't understood why he was on the bench.

and why is that, that you don't understand?

Al: he's a talented player. not only can he score the ball he's got a very high IQ of the game, he's a great defender, 1-on-1 defender and team defender, and I know him being over there with them guys like Durant he probably picked up and learned a lot from them and he's a student of the game. I mean it's just [laughs] I'm happy that he's with us now it's just one of those things that's been mind boggling to me that he's been on the bench for three years.

I wish they'd put their stuff up on youtube, their website and video player kind of suck, but it's al's post game interview from 11/3/15, the lamb question starts around 3m34s

http://www.nba.com/hornets/video/search/?ls=channav&query=11/3/15

How aware of the Jazz is NBA Gaf? I want some non homer analysis.

What do you think of the future? They are such a young damn team.
Hayward (25)
Favors (24)
Burks (24)
Hood (23)
Gobert (23)
Exum (20)
Lyles (20)

Humor me with some opinions.

Jarate

Banned

Hayward (25)
Favors (24)
Burks (24)
Hood (23)
Gobert (23)
Exum (20)
Lyles (20)

Needs a superstar to compete. Hayward and Favors are pretty much done developing, Burks is ehh, I like Hood and Gobert, and Trey Lyles is ehh

Team is basically the Orlando Magic of the west, a young team with no viable superstar, but a team with a lot of good young talent

Hayward (25)
Favors (24)
Burks (24)
Hood (23)
Gobert (23)
Exum (20)
Lyles (20)

They have a ton of young talent but I feel like they have the same problem as the Celtics in that they don't have that one piece to take them over the top.

Needs a superstar to compete. Hayward and Favors are pretty much done developing, Burks is ehh, I like Hood and Gobert, and Trey Lyles is ehh

Team is basically the Orlando Magic of the west, a young team with no viable superstar, but a team with a lot of good young talent

Needs a dominant superstar.
My thoughts as well...

Although I'm not sure Favors is done developing at 24 he still seems to be getting better.

I don't have much faith in Exum, but he seems the one chance to become that guy, even if I seriously doubt it.

Still, Gobert will be a top defensive player. Hood is defying all expectations and even if Favors and Hayward are who they are going to be, that is still pretty good. Could be a pretty legit team in a few years if everyone sticks around (which is an entirely different issue.)

Fjordson

Hayward (25)
Favors (24)
Burks (24)
Hood (23)
Gobert (23)
Exum (20)
Lyles (20)

I'm biased as a Kentucky fan, but Lyles could be really good. Great rebounder, a good jumper, nice moves on the block. Could be a Chris Bosh type. And he's been playing well lately for Utah. He's shooting 44% from 3!

I think Utah has some nice pieces and is just a PG upgrade away from being a top 4 Western team. Only guy that's disapponted to me is Exum. Kentucky recruited him hard before he entered the draft and I thought he'd be a lot more productive in the league than he has been. But he's still young so maybe he'll pick it up after he gets past all the injuries.

AcridMeat

Banned

Hayward (25)
Favors (24)
Burks (24)
Hood (23)
Gobert (23)
Exum (20)
Lyles (20)

None of those players are going to be a superstar, thus that's what they need to be a solid team.

From the times I have seen them play, I like Favors a lot. Hayward seems super inconsistent but when he's on he's really good too.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
tfw, in 5 years, the best western conference teams will be the Jazz and Wolves.

Don't worry they won't be.
They're going to be first.

image.php

as soon as the pats get eliminated you Celts fans wind up huh.

Top Bottom