• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Stephen Curry
‏@StephenCurry30
A Look into my soul right now...but it's all good we will be back!

CaqeHP_UkAEP1Pk.jpg

What's Steph got against Michael? ;)

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Wow. Theres no such thing as job security for an NBA head coach. I think Fisher is a generally terrible coach but that roster is complete trash and hes managed to not have them be a laughingstock like last year so its pretty bizarre to not just let him finish out the season.

Maybe he was winning too many games and he had to go.

This is an odd firing as the Knicks have over performed so far this season. I am not complaining though as Raps have their pick next year :)

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Wow. Theres no such thing as job security for an NBA head coach. I think Fisher is a generally terrible coach but that roster is complete trash and hes managed to not have them be a laughingstock like last year so its pretty bizarre to not just let him finish out the season.

Maybe he was winning too many games and he had to go.

That would be even more reason to keep him as the Knicks don't have a first round pick this year.

They swap with the Nuggets and then give that pick to the Raptors.

Seriously, why the hell would you do this in the middle of the season? Yeah, they're not doing great but didn't everyone think that they were exceeding expectations? Why not just ride out the season?

ZoddGutts

Matt Barne's got the last laugh I suppose, their recent one of nine losses came from the Memphis which Barne is on. Contributed to getting Fisher fired. heh

Lol, the Knicks are such a joke of an organization. It will be hilarious if they hire Thibs.

Edit: It would be even better if they hired Byron Scott when he gets fired from the Lakers.

winjet81

So is Melo going to be shut down? Will the team scrap the triangle? Will they built around Porzingis?

Odd time to fire Fish... aren't he and Jackson really close?

Luke Walton future baby. Fuck Derek Fisher, dude was a terrible coach.

I don't see how Luke Walton is going to make the Knicks a better team than Fisher. Even if he somehow would why do this midseason? What the hell do the Knicks gain by having Rambis coach the team for half a year?

Fennec

What the hell do the Knicks gain by having Rambis coach the team for half a year?

They've got nothing to lose, so why not? They are still close to the 8th place but it has become clear that after 9 or 10 straight defeats, Fisher didn't have any clue how to get back on track.

Edit : 5 defeats actually.

thibs could be a good fit going forward actually

I actually think he is a good coach but I don't see him being a good fit in New York. Would Melo at this stage in his career really want to play for a guy who pushed him hard? Thibs is good at developing young players, but outside of Porzingis he really wouldn't have much to work with, as their roster is just awful.

My hilarious comment was more or less directed at the hype that a lot of Knicks fans would build around this team moving forward. As if hiring a better coach would fix all of their problems.

phanphare

Banned
I actually think he is a good coach but I don't see him being a good fit in New York. Would Melo at this stage in his career really want to play for a guy who pushed him hard? Thibs is good at developing young players, but outside of Porzingis he really wouldn't have much to work with, as their roster is just awful.

My hilarious comment was more or less directed at the hype that a lot of Knicks fans would build around this team moving forward. As if hiring a better coach would fix all of their problems.

I meant thibs would be good going forward as in starting to transition into life without melo

also I'm just biased towards defensive minded coaches

ViciousDS

Banned
question....has Gar ever traded for anyone? I swear the dude is probably one of the worst GM's with absolutely no motivation to actually win a title using money. He plays it cheap or oversigns talent....outside of the derrick rose contract we scored butler for a steal and never due on real hiring/trades. Also the dude can never convince any real signings to come over. I mean when Pau Gasol is your biggest signing in the last.......wait, that is his only big signing isn't it?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Kings Minority Owners Want To Take Control From Vivek Ranadivé

Kings minority owners have quietly explored ways to seize controlling interest from Ranadive, sources told The Vertical, but on this there is little recourse. Owning an NBA team has become almost bulletproof, with an owner-friendly CBA redirecting the money and billions in television revenue set to flow into the league’s coffers in the coming year. Ranadive’s mismanagement has set the rebuilding Kings back years, but that alone won’t be enough for anyone to remove him.

Ranadive will soon be on the hunt for a new coach, though don’t be surprised if interest in the Kings’ gig is lukewarm. “One of 30 jobs in the world” is a popular cliché spouted by recently hired coaches, yet Ranadive has made it 29 and a “Well, if I have to” proposition. Established coaches won’t touch the Kings’ job while rising assistants like Atlanta’s Kenny Atkinson or Boston’s Jay Larranaga won’t run toward it either. Coaches with options don’t fight to work for management that refuses to support the people it hires, and they don’t sign on with an owner who seems more interested in the cache that comes with owning an NBA team than the business of operating one.

Fjordson

Walton reportedly not entertaining any coaching offers right now. I think he may try and wait it out a bit for a good roster somewhere.

ViciousDS

Banned
"I’ve said it when we talked about the lack of consistency with the team. 'What's going on? What's wrong?' At some point you say, well, this is who we are," Gasol said. "There’s no mystery. The results speak for themselves, so this is the situation that we’re dealing with. And now how do we face it? We accept it, we embrace it, or we try to improve and change it? But right now this is who we have been for the last year and a half or so."

Gasol's admission is jarring in its honesty, because it only confirms from a player's perspective what fans have noticed for a long time -- the problems the Bulls are dealing with now under new coach Fred Hoiberg are the same ones they dealt with last season under former coach Tom Thibodeau. Some nights this group wants to play hard, and some nights it doesn't.

It's true.....sometimes they look like they could go toe to toe and play golden state beautifully and then other times we could nearly lose to the 76'ers or lakers. Its been up and down for not just the last year and a half......but since Thibs started coaching. The bulls are the most up and town team I
have watched.

Fjordson

what's a more intriguing position? Lakers or Knicks?
That's a good question.

I feel like it comes down to Porzingis vs. Russell and who projects better going forward. Though if the Lakers manage to luck out and get Ben Simmons that certainly changes things.

I also wouldn't be shocked if he takes neither and waits it out into 2017. He's only 35 and a bad roster really doesn't help job security.

edit: Festus Ezeli having surgery on his left knee. Shit...

Fjordson

If Ezeli is out for the year this is definitely a blow. Backing up Bogut (who certainly isn't immune to injuries) they have Speights and Jason Thompson. Don't really like Speights as the only backup center. And J. Thompson is just bad.

This 9x million times

I do not get why some Knicks fans are against trading Melo. They can still get a good haul for him and build around Krispy Zinger.

I think finding a good trade for Melo is easier said than done. He has a huge contract, he's starting to get up there in age and he has a no trade clause.

Top Bottom