• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Brinbe

Taj isnt worth that. He's basically an undersized center.
Pau would be a good add for the Raps if the price wasn't high. But not sure if it's easy to make salaries work without giving up a good piece.

"Major news from Snapchat of all places. A loop on Bosh's account: "In a week I'll be all right, In a week I'll be all right . . ."" -@IraHeatBeat

Hopefully that's meant to be taken literally.

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/2/16/10987022/draymond-green-warriors-nba-unexpected-star

The Golden State Warriors were going over a play when Draymond Green remembered something. This happens a lot. Some people who have come into contact with Green say he is a basketball savant. Others suggest that he has a natural, almost telepathic feel for the game. Both of those things are true, but there’s another reason: Draymond Green has a photographic memory.

“I remember everything,” Green told me following a Warriors shootaround at their practice facility in late January. “Ever since I was a little kid.”

What Green remembered in this particular instance was that when the Pistons ran that action against them last year it resulted in a pair of corner threes for Kentavious-Caldwell Pope. Never one to keep things to himself, Green relayed that bit of information to quizzical looks from his coaches and teammates.

Explains why he's got such a high bball IQ..

I'm pretty sure 'photographic memory' isn't real. I don't trust people who claim to have photographic memory when they can't remember that photographic memory isn't real.

For this reason, I suspect the Warriors will lose in the western conference finals

Tom Penny

People thinking they are getting Nets picks for guys that are free agents is comical. It simply will not happen. Whiteside agees to an extension and throw in Winslow.. Your talking.

Lol I imagine that conversation lasted all of about 5 seconds.

The good thing to take from that if you're a heat fan: If the organization is willing to take calls for Hassan then they're likely not super concerned about Bosh's current health scare. Otherwise, they would keep whiteside for the rest of the season

People thinking they are getting Nets picks for guys that are free agents is comical. It simply will not happen. Whiteside agees to an extension and throw in Winslow.. Your talking.
If one person appears to be completely untouchable on the heat right now, it's Winslow.

The good thing to take from that if you're a heat fan: If the organization is willing to take calls for Hassan then they're likely not super concerned about Bosh's current health scare. Otherwise, they would keep whiteside for the rest of the season

If Bosh is out for the rest of the season then there's no point in keeping Whiteside when he's likely gone next year anyways.

Bread

Banned
Or the Heat know that Bosh isn't coming back so they are trying to get some value out of Whiteside before he leaves in the offseason.

I doubt that's the case at all. Whiteside is someone they're not likely to be able (or even want) to keep. With or without a healthy Bosh, they have to see what asset(s) they might be able to get. And it's not like the Heat absent Bosh are a contending team, either. They're currently a 5 seed with him. You'd have to move Whiteside if they're just going to be first round-and-out or late lottery team.

If Bosh is out for the rest of the season then there's no point in keeping Whiteside when he's likely gone next year anyways.

because otherwise you'd spend the rest of the season with no one at the five, especially if you just got rid of Birdman. It would just be the Amare and he can't hold it like he used to.

You're likely to lose him at the end of the season, sure, but they still want to go to the playoffs this year. So losing bosh and trading whiteside doesn't help with that, especially if what youre asking for is a 1st round pick in return.

I just dont see them doing any deals with whiteside unless they knew Bosh was coming back soon.

because otherwise you'd spend the rest of the season with no one at the five, especially if you just got rid of Birdman. It would just be the Amare and he can't hold it like he used to.

You're likely to lose him at the end of the season, sure, but they still want to go to the playoffs this year. So losing bosh and trading whiteside doesn't help with that, especially if what youre asking for is a 1st round pick in return.

I just dont see them doing any deals with whiteside unless they knew Bosh was coming back soon.

I think Pat Riley is smart enough to not keep Whiteside just for an ill advised run to the playoffs. They're much better off getting a pick and going back to the lottery for one year while Bosh, hopefully, gets better.

I think Pat Riley is smart enough to not keep Whiteside just for an ill advised run to the playoffs. They're much better off getting a pick and going back to the lottery for one year while Bosh, hopefully, gets better.

their 2016 pick is only top seven protected so they have zero chance of getting that unless they start aggressively losing from here to the end of the year. Otherwise, it's the Suns' pick

Im pretty sure its the same for 2017, too, so they either need to be garbo for the year or the suns get another pick from us.

Given Riles recently stated that he's getting old and wants to win ASAP, i dont see them tanking unless it's completely out of his hands

I'd still take that small chance plus the added assets you'd get from a trade, over half a season of Whiteside and a first round exit in the playoffs.

Riley is also tasked with helping the heat make money. that's why birdman is gone (alleviating the cap tax the team is paying) and why he'll try to make the playoffs this year, too. There's more money in a first or second round exit than not going to the playoffs at all.

Riley doesn't like the draft and likes having teams full of veterans. He's myopic in that sense, in that he would rather have a team full of veterans who give him a shot at a playoff run than developing a team of young and promising players. He has a history of doing this.

ViciousDS

Banned
Lou Williams is committed to LA, but "several teams" that couldn't pay him last summer may make a run B4 tomorrow's deadline, per a source.

what would the lakers even get? More picks and then hope they are not busts?

spyder_ur

Apparently, Celtics are favorites to land Al Horford.

Wonder if they give up the Nets pick.

Horford has easily been the name I'm most excited about the Celtics getting. Would give up Sully or Olynyk, Turner, any non-Nets pick, and more without a second thought.

Dreaming of the Celts with Horford getting Sully's minutes.

Bread

Banned
Horford has easily been the name I'm most excited about the Celtics getting. Would give up Sully or Olynyk, Turner, any non-Nets pick, and more without a second thought.

Dreaming of the Celts with Horford getting Sully's minutes.
Not ready to give up Olynyk, he is making a transition this year and finding his niche on this team.

spyder_ur

Not ready to give up Olynyk, he is making a transition this year and finding his niche on this team.

I (and the league I'm guessing) value Olynyk more than Sully, but if the prize is Horford I would be OK with it. Al Horford is a really good basketball player.

Plus, his wife might be at Celtics games, and I go to alot of those. There's always a chance.

Tom Penny

LoL no. He is what he is and thats an incredibly inconsistent player. One day he's pulling the trigger banging threes the next day hes scared to death pump fake travelling left and right. Hes also butter soft.

Bread

Banned
LoL no. He is what he is and thats an incredibly inconsistent player. One day he's pulling the trigger banging threes the next day hes scared to death pump fake travelling left and right. Hes also butter soft.
He's shooting 42% from 3, we would miss his shooting. I would be fine parting with him if we got a Horford/Korver package though.

@FisolaNYDN
Cleveland remains very active. Cavs in talks with Pelicans about Ryan Anderson. A 3-team deal that includes Kevin Love still in play.

Cavs also considering a trade that would include a LeBron favorite, Anderson Varejao. Portland & Philadelphia are possibilities.

Plus, his wife might be at Celtics games, and I go to alot of those. There's always a chance.

giphy.gif

Amelia is just ridiculous.

ViciousDS

Banned
The Chicago Bulls are ready to shake things up.

This shakeup could range from preparing to move Mike Dunleavy, to clearing up the frontcourt logjam, to hoping against hope some rival general manager is irrationally in love with Derrick Rose's game and contract.

Sounds like they are listening to offers on.....everything

Top Bottom