• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Manny Navarro ‏@Manny_Navarro 14m14 minutes ago
U-Health cardiologist Robert Myerburg told me today if Bosh went back on blood thinners it would likely mean no contact for 3-6 months

Orlando was looking for veterans and shooting. I'm not sure those are the veterans I'd be looking for. I'm interested in if they're going to move Oladipo. You can't have a future backcourt of Oladipo and Payton. Just not enough shooting, especially if you want to play Gordon.

I just can't believe they couldn't find a better deal for Harris.

Pistons fan here, so new to this Tobias Harris player. Good player?

I'll miss Ilyasova, and Jennings is a good backup for Jackson. Not keen on Steve Blake getting more playing time though.

He's pretty good and he's only 23. Lots of people seem to think he's poised for a breakout at some point.

spyder_ur

Trade season is on! Broussard has just tweeted
Source: Orlando trades Tobias Harris to Detroit for Brandon Jennings @ Ersan Ilyasova

He did this a full 20 minutes after Mike Scotto broke the news.

So excited for the next couple days.

Brinbe

What the fuck is Orlando doing!? Jennings does nothing for them since they're already logjammed at guard and he isn't an upgrade on Payton/Oladipo.

SVG is a G. Jackson/KCP/Johnson/Harris/Drummond is a nice core.

Bread

Banned
What the fuck is Orlando doing!? Jennings does nothing for them since they're already logjammed at guard and he isn't an upgrade on Payton/Oladipo.

SVG is a G. Jackson/KCP/Johnson/Harris/Drummond is a nice core.
the trade basically confirms that oladipo is gone

Brinbe

the trade basically confirms that oladipo is gone
Okay, so Orlando is hoping to build around Vuc/Gordon/Hezonja/Payton/Fournier and pray for max FA's?

I guess that's a plan? Still think they could have gotten more for Harris. But I suppose this was a straight salary dump, which is a weird position to be in when the salary cap is gonna explode over the next two seasons.

Messi

Hope Bosh can get well and finally get back to playing healthy. These problems suck. He seems like a really good dude too.

Bowser

ESPN sources say Hornets and Rockets have discussed a potential Dwight Howard-to-Charlotte trade but have not managed to find workable deal

:eek:

Into

Looks like Memphis is having a yard sale. At least it seems like it

I wonder where that leaves Gasol, who signed that big deal this summer. Doubt they trade him but if they want a real yard sale, they could probably get a good haul for him.

The bulls are really not that good and they haven't been since rose got hurt.

They are better than the Raptors. Jimmy Butler and that front court (not even including Noah) would be enough to get by the Raptors.

Dwane Casey isn't a good coach. That can't be stressed enough not all teams are fortunate enough to have Brad Stevens as their coach like the Cs.

Bread

Banned
They are better than the Raptors. Jimmy Butler and that front court (not even including Noah) would be enough to get by the Raptors.

Dwane Casey isn't a good coach. That can't be stressed enough not all teams are fortunate enough to have Brad Stevens as their coach like the Cs.
Hoiberg is worse than Casey. The Bulls are not a top 3 team anymore, you should only be worried about the Cavs and Celts.

Tom Penny

Bulls fired their coach because the offense sucked and its somehow got worse. They aren't a threat.

Raps and Charlotte just refused a deal for Dwight Howard. How times have changed. Apparently, Rockets contacted the Raps asking if they were interested. Raps said no.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
"Minnesota has no ongoing trade talks for guard Ricky Rubio now, league sources tell @TheVertical. That may change in the summer, though." - @WojVerticallNBA
When the Wolves are interviewing a new GM & Coach this offseason, the first question should be "do you think we should trade Ricky Rubio." If they answer yes, just end it right there.

- He's the Wolves best player by far, and he plays at an important position.
- Ricky can't shoot very well, but he's elite at everything else.
- He's on a deal that will look like a bargain when the cap explodes.
- The roster, as currently constructed, shouldn't require him to shoot. But Mitchell's offensive sets are all basically ISO fuckball, completely negating what Ricky brings to the table.
- Trading Rubio would pretty much torpedo any hope I have for the future of the team. Which is why I'm terrified it'll happen! That'd be so Wolvesy.

He's top 5 in RPM for PG, and he's still young enough that his peak is in front of him. I guess I'd be willing to trade him if Curry or Westbrook are coming back, but that isn't happening soooo... for the love of fucking god don't trade him.

Raps and Charlotte just refused a deal for Dwight Howard. How times have changed. Apparently, Rockets contacted the Raps asking if they were interested. Raps said no.

With the league as top heavy as it is, I can understand why there isn't much movement for guys about to hit free agency. Why move assets to rent a guy for 30 games when realistically you have no shot at a title.

Tom Penny

When the Wolves are interviewing a new GM & Coach this offseason, the first question should be "do you think we should trade Ricky Rubio." If they answer yes, just end it right there.

- The roster, as currently constructed, shouldn't require him to shoot. But Mitchell's offensive sets are all basically ISO fuckball, completely negating what Ricky brings to the table.
- Trading Rubio would pretty much torpedo any hope I have for the future of the team. Which is why I'm terrified it'll happen! That'd be so Wolvesy.

He's top 5 in RPM for PG, and he's still young enough that his peak is in front of him. I guess I'd be willing to trade him if Curry or Westbrook are coming back, but that isn't happening soooo... for the love of fucking god don't trade him.

Your crazy. Trade him then Draft Dunn. There is your core going forward. It took Rondo KG, Ray Allen and Pierce to get a title and I watched every game. Then they also lost a title because Kobe didn't even bother covering Rondo because he was such a liability shooting in 2010. A PG that is not a threat to score is not going to get it done when the West has a bunch of PG that can dish and drop 20+ some can drop 40+ on you.

I hope the Wolves management share this rational. Makes the Raptors-Wiggins pipe dream more plausible.

Top Bottom