• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Your crazy. Trade him then Draft Dunn. There is your core going forward. It took Rondo KG, Ray Allen and Pierce to get a title and I watched every game. Then they also lost a title because Kobe didn't even bother covering Rondo because he was such a liability shooting in 2010. A PG that is not a threat to score is not going to get it done when the West has a bunch of PG that can dish and drop 20+ some can drop 40+ on you.
It's been 12 years since they've been in the playoffs. The goal is a championship, of course, but they need to make it out of the lottery first. Trading their best player, whose skills are undervalued, is not going to help that. The on/off numbers for him are ridiculous. He's hugely important to the team. When the cap goes up, he's going to be paid like a backup, and he's an elite player. Draft Dunn, and have him learn from Ricky. It's not like Ricky is 30 or something, he's 24. His prime will be when Wiggins and Towns are really coming into their own.

And, okay, say they do trade him, what do they trade him for? They need a 3 & D wing, which no one will give up for Ricky because of his undervalued skill set, and a power forward which isn't exactly the hardest position to fill. It's not like they're in cap hell, either, with their core being on rookie deals still.

I hope the Wolves management share this rational. Makes the Raptors-Wiggins pipe dream more plausible.
Trading Ricky would be more likely to accelerate the Wiggins to the Raptors pipe dream, bud. If they are still losing in 2018, a real possibility without Ricky, I could see him hitting the road. But if they're winning, the Wolves can offer him the most money and he's friends with Towns. So, you know.

Fjordson

Rubio is only 24?? Damn, that is pretty young.

Hmmm...it's tough. He probably isn't even in his prime yet and he is a good player. That jumpshot tho...

ViciousDS

Banned
Rubio is only 24?? Damn, that is pretty young.

Hmmm...it's tough. He probably isn't even in his prime yet and he is a good player. That jumpshot tho...

Wwhhhaaatttt Ricky is only 24.... Holy shit

I thought the dude was like 28 lol
Edit: he's 25....but still....fucking young

Brinbe

Thad's been linked to us for a while and no thanks. Doesn't stretch the floor and isn't much of an improvement over Pat and Scola. Morris is a better fit but Masai isn't bringing a guy with his baggage onboard.

We need to go all in on Horford at this point. Knicks pick+2017 1st+Patterson+Johnson there you go.

Hoiberg is worse than Casey. The Bulls are not a top 3 team anymore, you should only be worried about the Cavs and Celts.

Yeah, Hoiberg sucks and the bench is a hot mess of dumpster fires. It's a good thing that our front office is currently leaking negatives stories about Jimmy Butler to the local media to soften the blow when they trade him for Oladipo and Vucevic (actual rumor!). They did the same shit before firing the 6th most winningest coach in NBA history to bring in Hoiberg.

Fuck, our front office full of horrible egotistical maniacs.

Fjordson

Bulls lost 13 of their last 18 heading into the all-star break and just seem like a mess. I don't think they could win a series against Toronto this year. Part of that is their current injury issues, but still think Toronto is clearly the second best team in the conference.

Tom Penny

How on Earth does this fit whatever Alvin Gentry is doing with the Pelicans?

Free AD!!

Unibrow for Monroe. No way the Bucks say no !!!

Yeah, Hoiberg sucks and the bench is a hot mess of dumpster fires. It's a good thing that our front office is currently leaking negatives stories about Jimmy Butler to the local media to soften the blow when they trade him for Oladipo and Vucevic (actual rumor!). They did the same shit before firing the 6th most winningest coach in NBA history to bring in Hoiberg.

Just trade him for a Nets pick Avery Bradley and filler and be done with it...

ViciousDS

Banned

Why the hell would you trade him for them! They just got butler at a fucking steal!

5 year 95 million is fucking bargain bin come next season

Wait the Bulls would move Butler over Rose at this point?

They are better than the Raptors. Jimmy Butler and that front court (not even including Noah) would be enough to get by the Raptors.

Dwane Casey isn't a good coach. That can't be stressed enough not all teams are fortunate enough to have Brad Stevens as their coach like the Cs.

I still don't understand this narrative. This is a franchise that goes through coaches way too often, seemingly at the request of the hockey-oriented fan base.

Finally we have one who is defense oriented trying to work with the very average talent he has. Were any of the guys on the roster of any big value around the league before he got here? Ok, Maybe DD (who was drafted and took a LONG time to develop)?

The rest, particularly Lowry (attitude) and JV (who could've gone bust) have blossomed under Casey. These guys were nobodies until a couple of years ago.

No coach is perfect unless you're Greg pop or Steve Kerr, but the raps shortcomings are NOT on Casey. He's getting everything he can out of this talent.

Why the hell would you trade him for them! They just got butler at a fucking steal!

5 year 95 million is fucking bargain bin come next season

Yep and we could have locked him up for 4 year, $48 million prior to last season!

Wait the Bulls would move Butler over Rose at this point?

Incompetence. The big rumors indicate that we're going to try and re-up Pau at $20 mil per despite the fact that him and Rose combine for the worst pick and roll defense in the league.

So the Bulls would side with the coach for once over the player.
I am speechless.

Well, you see our Mr. Potato Head GM Gar Forman only likes coaches and players from UNLV and Iowa. That's we gave a rookie NBA coach 5 years, $25 million guaranteed.

ViciousDS

Banned
Well, you see our Mr. Potato Head GM Gar Forman only likes coaches and players from UNLV and Iowa. That's we gave a rookie NBA coach 5 years, $25 million guaranteed.

It wouldn't be gar without some insanely stupid contracts.....can't believe they hired him 5 years right out of the gate

Deception

Suns really trying to get a lot for Markieff Morris...I hope no one takes him and the GM looks like a clown.
Same. Suns GM needs to get fired honestly, trading for/signing 3 starting PGs. Choosing the worst of the bunch as your guy going forward (Bledsoe), trading for Brandon Knight and giving him all that money. Trading Marcus Morris and basically throwing your teams chemistry in the dump. And just 3 years ago they looked like they were going places.

Two Words

I didn't hear this get mentioned before. You know what is bullshit about the soccer/NASCAR examples that people use to argue NBA jerseys having advertised logos? Soccer and NASCAR barely have ads. Both sorts are not designed to allow a constant flow of tv commercial breaks. This requires advertisement to be maximized during the game. Basketball does not have this issue at all. The NBA executives are some George Costanza double dippers.

I didn't hear this get mentioned before. You know what is nonsense about the soccer/NASCAR examples that people use to argue NBA jerseys having advertised logos? Soccer and NASCAR barely have ads. Both sorts are not designed to allow a constant flow of tv commercial breaks. This requires advertisement to be maximized during the game. Basketball does not have this issue at all. The NBA executives are some George Costanza double dippers.

Soccer is one thing, but NASCAR has commercials at about the same intervals as other sports. They don't stick with the race non-stop, and they have the power of replay if anything interesting happens during the commercial break. They have sponsorships because it's super-expensive to field competitive equipment and sign the best drivers, and prize money just doesn't cover it. Estimates are that it costs top teams ~500K per race, and there are 38 races in the season, including 2 exhibition events. That's 19 million dollars for a season. Last year's top prize-money earner was Kevin Harvick, and that figure was 9 million. That's why there's decals on almost every square inch of everything you can see.

That said, I'm pretty sure the economics of NASCAR are hard to compare with basketball, and are quite possibly quite busted. You have two large corporations, really, that own basically all the tracks, but none of the teams. You have ticket sales, huge TV contracts. How much of that is sticking with the track owner versus being paid out in the purse? Without these racing teams, the tracks don't sell anything, there are no television contracts, so why is every team independently trying to scrape as much money together as possible just to be able to field a competitive car?

Anyway, those are questions for another sport's OT. The main point is that NASCAR has tons of commercials (otherwise, there's nothing in it for the networks), but the sponsorships are what pays the bills for the actual racing teams.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't Towns their best player at this point?
I mean he's going to be. Maybe as early as next year. But he's just not quite there at this moment. The kid is fucking special though. And every game I watch there's at least two or three times I put my hands on my head in disbelief. He's so good.

And I want Ricky running the P&R with Towns when this team is in the playoffs. It'll be a thing of beauty. Too bad that's not in Sam's playbook!

spyder_ur

"Spurs assistant GM Sean Marks is leaning toward not taking the Brooklyn Nets GM job, per NBA sources." - @Mitch_Lawrence

Lol.

I don't understand why he wouldn't jump at the opportunity to take on a team with no premier players, no draft picks, and that is in salary cap hell.

Having the Nets draft picks the next three years makes me so much happier than it should.

Top Bottom