• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Jarate

Banned
Detroit seemed to really come out of the deadline as the big winner. Gave up almost nothing and got multiple really solid core starter level players.

Yeah, but some of those arent on the best contract, seems like they're banking on Drummond to carry them.

I think the big winners are the teams that didnt trade for Dwight Howard, and the losers are the Rockets, for not trading Dwight Howard. And the Nets are losers because they are the Nets

Gigglepoo

I have no idea which team will sign Dwight in the offseason nor any idea how much the contract will be worth. Is there a market for disgruntled, old, expensive centers?

Detroit seemed to really come out of the deadline as the big winner. Gave up almost nothing and got multiple really solid core starter level players.

Stan is the anti-Doc.

Yeah, but some of those arent on the best contract, seems like they're banking on Drummond to carry them.

I think the big winners are the teams that didnt trade for Dwight Howard, and the losers are the Rockets, for not trading Dwight Howard. And the Nets are losers because they are the Nets

Lol.

Jarate

Banned
I don't think anyone did anything to move the needle any closer to title contention. The same teams remain the clear favorites.

What could any of the 26 other teams do to compete with the clear top tier of the NBA of the Thunder, Spurs, Warriors and Cavs?

Clippers are the only team that really needed to do "something" to be in that upper tier, but really, what SG or SF was available? Is Oladipo gonna win you a championship?

I don't think anyone did anything to move the needle any closer to title contention. The same teams remain the clear favorites.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that we all know who is winning this year, and adding a bum like Dwight was not going to change the fact that it will be Cleveland vs. Golden State, and the Warriors will win it in 5 or 6.

ViciousDS

Banned
Funny you say this as I heard they are going to vastly overpay him to stay.

Lol....we don't do anything and overpay the talent....figures. Reminds me of Carlos boozer.....dear heavens that dude was insanely overpayed.

Also Pau overpayed is stupid.....the guy will be kobe she next year and can't keep up 40 minutes a game let alone defend that long.

We have Bobby portis who has already proven he can replace him if given play time and training .....I mean he's insanely young and look how good he is.

They should just let Pau go....we have a young core for the most part still.

In the East, the bottom 8,9,10 seeded teams in the East made moves to make up for injuries and get better to potentially embarrass my team(Raps) in the first round of the playoffs some players choke again. I don't mind necessarily that we didn't mortgage the future for rentals or headcases.

Unfortunately, Raptors can definitely be had in the playoffs in the 1st round. Pistons are officially deeper than us, but the lack of a solid backup PG might hurt them. Either way, if the outcome is the same for the Raps. Guaranteed off-season changes to the core.

Cavs should make the Finals easier than they did last year.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that we all know who is winning this year, and adding a bum like Dwight was not going to change the fact that it will be Cleveland vs. Golden State, and the Warriors will win it in 5 or 6.

Realistically only the Spurs can mess that up and yeah no trade was changing that.

Lol....we don't do anything and overpay the talent....figures. Reminds me of Carlos boozer.....dear heavens that dude was insanely overpayed.

Also Pau overpayed is stupid.....the guy will be kobe she next year and can't keep up 40 minutes a game let alone defend that long.

We have Bobby portis who has already proven he can replace him if given play time and training .....I mean he's insanely young and look how good he is.

They should just let Pau go....we have a young core for the most part still.
Don't overrate Portis. He has a chance to be good but he hasn't exactly improved as the season has progressed. He needs to go back to making jumpers like he did his first stretch of games and he has a lot to learn on defense.

El Topo

Bobby Portis replacing Pau Gasol? What? Also isn't Gasol only on $8m a year?

Edit:
Wait, do Gibson and Noah really make more than Gasol? That can't be true.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
GSW has made everyone feel like it's a foregone conclusion. What would be the point of making any moves when it ain't gonna help you beat GSW.

The flowchart has one path: Trade Opportunity -> Will it help us beat GSW -> No -> Do nothing

This offseason should be fun.

ViciousDS

Banned
Bobby Portis replacing Pau Gasol? What? Also isn't Gasol only on $8m a year?

Edit:
Wait, do Gibson and Noah really make more than Gasol? That can't be true.

Yes....he's 8.5 million this year and Noah is

........13 million lol

Pau gets about 7.33 million

Edit: holy Fuck this bulls team is insanely hard to watch

Jarate

Banned
Yes....he's 8.5 million this year and Noah is

........13 million lol

Pau gets about 7.33 million

Edit: holy Fuck this bulls team is insanely hard to watch

Friend, Im sorry, but it literally cannot be worse then some of the 76ers games this year. Ive watched about 20-30 of them this year, and man can the struggle be real. As much as I love #TheProcess , this shit is hard as shit too watch. It got better when they got an NBA point Guard in Ish Smith, but even he's super frustrating to watch cause he thinks he's Kobe taking the shots he's taking

I'm not convinced the Raptors are as good as they're made out to be right now.

Without a healthy Carroll, they will get bumped round 1.

With Carroll, it's a solidly improved team. He guards the lebrons/butlers/walls/Thomas of the league. Nobody else in the raps can.

And it frees up guys like Joseph and Biyombo to rotate between match ups entering/leaving the paint.

Let's Lowry and DD save energy for offence.

And keeps Jonas' minutes limited since he can be foul prone early.

ViciousDS

Banned
Friend, Im sorry, but it literally cannot be worse then some of the 76ers games this year. Ive watched about 20-30 of them this year, and man can the struggle be real. As much as I love #TheProcess , this shit is hard as shit too watch. It got better when they got an NBA point Guard in Ish Smith, but even he's super frustrating to watch cause he thinks he's Kobe taking the shots he's taking

At least tickets to a 76ers game is Like.....$20

Bulls games bleeders.....you sending At least $120 per ticket

lol are the Celtics with Marcus Smart shooting .300 and Celtics elite frontcourt of Sullinger and Olynk.

I never said the Celtics are elite. I think the Celtics are the kind of team built to do well in the regular season but I'll be happy if they can get to the second round. That being said, they're winning it all.

CFZsKIiVAAA3-1D.jpg

This pic is always relevant holy shit.

Without a healthy Carroll, they will get bumped round 1.

With Carroll, it's a solidly improved team. He guards the lebrons/butlers/walls/Thomas of the league. Nobody else in the raps can.

And it frees up guys like Joseph and Biyombo to rotate between match ups entering/leaving the paint.

Let's Lowry and DD save energy for offence.

And keeps Jonas' minutes limited since he can be foul prone early.

I think DD's influence in the playoffs won't be as impactful as some people think. 14pts come playoff time will be enough. The true reason why the Raptors will succeed is how well the Cory Joseph and Lowry lineup plays. I think the Raps can go pretty deep if they don't choke but that small ball lineup would help a lot against the Cavs if it can remain as efficient as it is now.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

jbug617

Banned
According to Ainge, the Celtics were close to a deal involving the Brooklyn pick but the other team pulled out late.

@AdamMKaufman: @danielrainge told me the #Nets pick WAS involved in the "bigger package" other team backed out of "at the very last minute." #Celtics

@AdamMKaufman: ALSO: Danny Ainge said the mystery team involved would've surprised fans because rumor was "never reported" #Celtics

Top Bottom