• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Anthony Bennett might be worst 1st overall pick in ages?

Everytime i saw him play a bit for the Raptors he looked god awful. He was playing like me playing 2K16, Bad.

Cavs are truly dysfunctional organization.

Based on what, though? I mean, SAS didn't name anybody. Who's the source? A lot of these dudes on TV or on the internet never name anyone, these stories might be nothing more than self-promotion. "Put your name on it," as Herm Edwards would say.

It might just be me, though. There's dudes I just don't trust word one, not saying Smith is one of them, though the show First Take doesn't do anything for me. But I would find this more credible coming from, say, Amin Elhassan rather than, as a counter example, Brian Windhorst or Chris Broussard, just using ESPN personalities.

Based on what, though? I mean, SAS didn't name anybody. Who's the source? A lot of these dudes on TV or on the internet never name anyone, these stories might be nothing more than self-promotion. "Put your name on it," as Herm Edwards would say.

It might just be me, though. There's dudes I just don't trust word one, not saying Smith is one of them, though the show First Take doesn't do anything for me. But I would find this more credible coming from, say, Amin Elhassan rather than, as a counter example, Brian Windhorst or Chris Broussard, just using ESPN personalities.

SAS correctly predicted the Big 3 in Miami and Doc Rivers to the Clippers based on his source intel. Gotta give him that. Other ESPN personalities are a joke though

Just saying if the Cavs sensed that Kyrie was unhappy they should have moved him or look to move him in the offseason

Fjordson

Stephen A. has had the scoop on major NBA stories numerous times before. As obnoxious as he is on TV, I can't write off a report like this coming from him.

SAS correctly predicted the Big 3 in Miami and Doc Rivers to the Clippers.

Just saying if the Cavs sensed that Kyrie was unhappy they should have moved him.

They might very well move him (whether he's happy or not), but you have to have a partner in the deal. Some ESPN dudes were floating a hypothetical Chris Paul for Kyrie trade prior to the deadline as something that would make sense for both teams, but you have to have willing parties on both sides to make such a deal, and it has to be a good value in return.

If you can't get someone of Kyrie's caliber back, though, then you might as well wait until the offseason when you can take your time to find a good fit.

They might very well move him (whether he's happy or not), but you have to have a partner in the deal. Some ESPN dudes were floating a hypothetical Chris Paul for Kyrie trade prior to the deadline as something that would make sense for both teams, but you have to have willing parties on both sides to make such a deal, and it has to be a good value in return.

If you can't get someone of Kyrie's caliber back, though, then you might as well wait until the offseason when you can take your time to find a good fit.

CP3 apparently loves LA, this is about Cleveland more than anything. Doesn't have to be for Paul can be for Jeff Teague for instance/

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It's funny that the Cavs were world beaters two weeks ago when they destroyed the Thunder, now they're awful and everyone wants out (even though they were the ones who re-signed in the first place). Next week after they win 4 in a row, they will go back to being world beaters.

CP3 apparently loves LA, this is about Cleveland more than anything. Doesn't have to be for Paul can be for Jeff Teague for instance/

Yeah, but the point is it takes 2 to tango, and moving one of the big 3 midseason might set you too far back in terms of building team cohesion.

I just find some of the current commentary surrounding the Cavs somewhat reactionary. The second half of last year, they were lights out. They haven't quite returned to that same form, but then, several of their key players have been injured. Love couldn't play all summer, wasn't activated until late in preseason. Irving missed all summer, and him and Shumpert missed the first 25 or whatever games of the season. Mozgov was injured and, frankly, has been playing terribly. Nevermind that they fired Blatt last month. I won't say that something isn't off, but I also don't buy into the gloom that's in quite a few articles recently.

And it might just be that this isn't their window. Golden State might just have everybody covered again this year, to say nothing of San Antonio. What's Cleveland going to do to counter that?

Sixers aren't really dysfunctional though. They've got a plan and they're sticking to it.

you can have a plan and have it be a horrible, ineffective plan that is ruining your franchise. And if the organization is allowing for you to perform this terrible plan then one can argue that it's not functioning very well by permitting these self inflicted wounds.

but i suppose the rockets are an actual mess compared to the sixers, who are an organized mess

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's funny that the Cavs were world beaters two weeks ago when they destroyed the Thunder, now they're awful and everyone wants out (even though they were the ones who re-signed in the first place). Next week after they win 4 in a row, they will go back to being world beaters.

The Raptors got em shook. :D

Pat Riley convinced Beno to take a buyout to get us under the tax. Can't wait to see what he does for us this summer.

Edit: Oh and the salt coming from the Cavs fans on Twitter is amazing. Especially since we are a 2nd round team at best without Bosh.

Pat Riley convinced Beno to take a buyout to get us under the tax. Can't wait to see what he does for us this summer.

Edit: Oh and the salt coming from the Cavs fans on Twitter is amazing. Especially since we are a 2nd round team at best without Bosh.

Oh man, it was a goldmine when it was officially announced that Joe Johnson would be signing with the Heat. You'd think the dude stood up Cav Fans on Prom.

Jarate

Banned
you can have a plan and have it be a horrible, ineffective plan that is ruining your franchise. And if the organization is allowing for you to perform this terrible plan then one can argue that it's not functioning very well by permitting these self inflicted wounds.

but i suppose the rockets are an actual mess compared to the sixers, who are an organized mess
Yes the self inflicted wounds

I don't need to go through this again

Our roster was made by Doug Collins who found a way to never win a chip with Jordan. We traded basically our future for Andrew Bynum pre-process.

When it was found Bynum had exploding knee syndrome, we literally only had 1 valuable asset and a bunch of shitty roleplayers. We turned Jrue Holiday, into Nerlens Noel, a high ceiling Center and defensive genius who was out a year. So now we suddenly have 2 value assets

Next he gets Michael Carter Williams who ends up stat padding and raising his value. We got the Lakers 1st rounder for a guy who can barely start on a shitty team.

We then end up trading permastiffs like Evan Turner, and Spencer Hawes. Neither of which are good enough to start on their teams.

Next we draft Joel Embiid, literally the most freakishly athletic big man on the planet. He falls into your lap because he's injured, so you draft him, because even if we didn't, we would've gotten who? Dante Exum? Yeah, really missing out right there.

Next we trade Elfrid Payton for our own 1st bacl next year and Dario Saric, a highly regarded young euro who is going to have to stay in Europe for 2 more years

Next we trade KJ McDaniel, who Bill Simmons jerked off prematurely on, who rode a hot streak, and raised his value enough to garner a 2nd rounder (he wasn't going to resign) KJ McDaniels currently does not play, so another huge loss there.

Next we Jahlil Okafor, who is one of the best big man scorers to come out in a ton of years. This is the only real mistake we made, as Porzingis is someone I'd prefer, but Porzingis's agent didn't want him to be in philly and wanted him in New York. Didn't allow the Sixer's to even talk to the guy.

We next trade cap space for draft swap rights with the Kings (the nets of the west) and Nik Stauskas, a former top 8 pick who sucked his rookie year

So before we started this, this is what the Sixer's had

Andrew Bynum explosive knees
Jrue Holiday (also has explosive knees)
Thaddeus Young (doesn't start)
Evan Turner (doesn't start)
Spencer Hawes (doesn't start)
And a whole bunch of other stiffs
We were also missing our own first round pick for 2014 draft

We lost throughout the process
-MCW (doesn't start on bad team)
-KJ McDaniels (doesn't play)
-Evan Turner (doesn't start, mediocre bench player)
-Spencer Hawes (doesn't start, mediocre bench player)

What we have gained
1st rounder from Lakers (top 4 protected)
1st rounder from Heat (top 10 protected)
1st rounder from Thunder (top 18 protected I think)
Draft Pick Swap with the Kings for the next 2 years, afterwards, the pick will become a 1st rounder
-Nerlens Noel (one of the best defensive centers in the game, only 21)
-Joel Embiid (if he comes back, he is gonna do monster things, still super athletic even with bad foot)
-Jahlil Okafor (3rd best rookie in a damn good rookie class and one of the best post scorers in the game at 19)
-Robert Covington (a streaky bench player who can play the 3/4 and shoot the three)
-Nik Stauskas (finally shooting the ball well, just needs to learn how to play defense and he can play in the league, still sucks ass)
-Jerami Grant (high energy bench player, also plays 3/4)
-TJ McConnel (rookie season, leads rookies in assists I think, fairly efficient and has been getting better at scoring as the season has gone along. Plays similarly to Delavadova
-Richauln Holmes (Rookie with really good energy and great post presence. Good solid bench player)
-Dario Saric (probably one of the best European prospects out there.)

but man, the stupid Sixer's are so bad. Maybe we should look to teams who had "win now" approaches with mediocre bench player leading them to an 8th seed!

Suns
Nets
Kings

But yeah, the Sixer's are an affront to the game, its not like the past 2 years they didn't even have the worst record or anything. Those other teams didn't tank! Not at all!

Meanwhile we are going to have a possibility of 6 1st round pick rookies playing next year, Saric has basically said he's coming, Embiid is still on track to come (he's apparently changed his entire demeanor and has become incredibly mature. He's also been shooting threes during warmups) and a possibility of 4 more rookies, including our pick which is a possibility of Ben Simmons or Brandon Ingram, both of which are both really good prospects.

But yeah, our orginazation is an affront to basketball. We should all have win now approaches, just ask literal dumpster fire The Brooklyn Nets, a team that has the 3rd worst record, despite not owning their 1st round pick this year

spyder_ur

Jordan Mickey sightings. Shockingly he was better than Jerebko and Zeller.

He played well. Happy to see him get some minutes - I am really optimistic about his future.

Defense really locked in for awhile at the end of that half.

I've watched Utah a decent amount lately. Interesting team. They're really developing something there, but they're totally screwed with the contracts they're going to have to hand out. If they had any good guards, they'd be really intetesting.

Breh, he's shooting 45% from 3.

He's like deceptively not terrible. I don't understand it. Every time I see him, he's doing something bad, like a terrible lob, horrible floater, turnover city. And then an announcer will say he has 9 assists and it's the beginning of the third quarter.

Obvious conclusion: he has dirt on the official stat guy.

I mean the Nuggets, Jazz and Kings all going to lose tonight. Rockets still have great chance to take that 8th seed.

Rockets vs. Warriors Rematch in the playoffs.

The thought of this Celtics team with a legit great big:

giphy.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I would really like to see a Raps/Celtics second round matchup in the playoffs.

I'd like from this to build a nice little rivalry between the two teams.

I "hate" the Celtics (as they're in the division) but really impressed with what I've seen of them as a team and their growth. I want them to do well alongside the Raps but obviously just a bit under the Raps as well. :p

Brinbe

I would really like to see a Raps/Celtics second round matchup in the playoffs.

I'd like from this to build a nice little rivalry between the two teams.

I "hate" the Celtics (as they're in the division) but really impressed with what I've seen of them as a team and their growth. I want them to do well alongside the Raps but obviously just a bit under the Raps as well. :p
Works for me since we can def beat them.

Yes the self inflicted wounds

I don't need to go through this again

Our roster was made by Doug Collins who found a way to never win a chip with Jordan. We traded basically our future for Andrew Bynum pre-process.

When it was found Bynum had exploding knee syndrome, we literally only had 1 valuable asset and a bunch of shitty roleplayers. We turned Jrue Holiday, into Nerlens Noel, a high ceiling Center and defensive genius who was out a year. So now we suddenly have 2 value assets

Next he gets Michael Carter Williams who ends up stat padding and raising his value. We got the Lakers 1st rounder for a guy who can barely start on a shitty team.

We then end up trading permastiffs like Evan Turner, and Spencer Hawes. Neither of which are good enough to start on their teams.

Next we draft Joel Embiid, literally the most freakishly athletic big man on the planet. He falls into your lap because he's injured, so you draft him, because even if we didn't, we would've gotten who? Dante Exum? Yeah, really missing out right there.

Next we trade Elfrid Payton for our own 1st bacl next year and Dario Saric, a highly regarded young euro who is going to have to stay in Europe for 2 more years

Next we trade KJ McDaniel, who Bill Simmons jerked off prematurely on, who rode a hot streak, and raised his value enough to garner a 2nd rounder (he wasn't going to resign) KJ McDaniels currently does not play, so another huge loss there.

Next we Jahlil Okafor, who is one of the best big man scorers to come out in a ton of years. This is the only real mistake we made, as Porzingis is someone I'd prefer, but Porzingis's agent didn't want him to be in philly and wanted him in New York. Didn't allow the Sixer's to even talk to the guy.

We next trade cap space for draft swap rights with the Kings (the nets of the west) and Nik Stauskas, a former top 8 pick who sucked his rookie year

So before we started this, this is what the Sixer's had

Andrew Bynum explosive knees
Jrue Holiday (also has explosive knees)
Thaddeus Young (doesn't start)
Evan Turner (doesn't start)
Spencer Hawes (doesn't start)
And a whole bunch of other stiffs
We were also missing our own first round pick for 2014 draft

We lost throughout the process
-MCW (doesn't start on bad team)
-KJ McDaniels (doesn't play)
-Evan Turner (doesn't start, mediocre bench player)
-Spencer Hawes (doesn't start, mediocre bench player)

What we have gained
1st rounder from Lakers (top 4 protected)
1st rounder from Heat (top 10 protected)
1st rounder from Thunder (top 18 protected I think)
Draft Pick Swap with the Kings for the next 2 years, afterwards, the pick will become a 1st rounder
-Nerlens Noel (one of the best defensive centers in the game, only 21)
-Joel Embiid (if he comes back, he is gonna do monster things, still super athletic even with bad foot)
-Jahlil Okafor (3rd best rookie in a damn good rookie class and one of the best post scorers in the game at 19)
-Robert Covington (a streaky bench player who can play the 3/4 and shoot the three)
-Nik Stauskas (finally shooting the ball well, just needs to learn how to play defense and he can play in the league, still sucks ass)
-Jerami Grant (high energy bench player, also plays 3/4)
-TJ McConnel (rookie season, leads rookies in assists I think, fairly efficient and has been getting better at scoring as the season has gone along. Plays similarly to Delavadova
-Richauln Holmes (Rookie with really good energy and great post presence. Good solid bench player)
-Dario Saric (probably one of the best European prospects out there.)

but man, the stupid Sixer's are so bad. Maybe we should look to teams who had "win now" approaches with mediocre bench player leading them to an 8th seed!

Suns
Nets
Kings

But yeah, the Sixer's are an affront to the game, its not like the past 2 years they didn't even have the worst record or anything. Those other teams didn't tank! Not at all!

Meanwhile we are going to have a possibility of 6 1st round pick rookies playing next year, Saric has basically said he's coming, Embiid is still on track to come (he's apparently changed his entire demeanor and has become incredibly mature. He's also been shooting threes during warmups) and a possibility of 4 more rookies, including our pick which is a possibility of Ben Simmons or Brandon Ingram, both of which are both really good prospects.

But yeah, our orginazation is an affront to basketball. We should all have win now approaches, just ask literal dumpster fire The Brooklyn Nets, a team that has the 3rd worst record, despite not owning their 1st round pick this year

this is all well and good but there are teams who haven't tanked and still rebuild just fine. The heat haven't tanked in ages and are consistently competitive, for example.

It's easy to point to teams that are worse off to say WERE NOT THAT BAD but what do you do when small market teams like indiana and the spurs remain competitive without the needs to poop their pants for a decade or so? how long can you sit there saying you got dealt a shit hand until you admit that the reason you keep getting dealt a shit hand is because the organization stinks?

Top Bottom