• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

You probably have about 2 more years of Elite Boogie before his production will fall. I'd probably take Ingram or Simmons over him tbh right now, but im a whore for drafted players

Boogie is only 25 and is arguably a top 10 player, you'd have to be crazy to take Ingram or Simmons over him.

Jarate

Banned
Boogie is only 25 and is arguably a top 10 player, you'd have to be crazy to take Ingram or Simmons over him.

Ingram is 18, Simmons is 19, player generally hit their peak at ~24-25, so this will probably be his best season statistically.

In terms of value, you have Ingram and Simmons lined up on a really good contract for 4 years, as opposed to Boogie for an unknown amount of years on a "bad contract" (most likely a max deal for X amount of years) Im not implying that Boogie isn't worth that amount, which is really impressive considering how much the #1 or #2 pick (in a decent draft like ours) is worth. Boogie is fucking amazing. It would depend on my team makeup too, Boogie would be useless for the Sixers if they kept the same team makeup, considering we wont be in playoff contention for a couple of more years, so Boogie will be 27 then. Celtics it would make sense to trade that Brooklyn Pick for him as they are in playoff contention

He hasn't really done much for people to not trust him, let alone say he's not capable like you did.

RIP Steph Curry's career.

Everybody seems to think Curry will age fine because he can shoot so well, but so much of his shooting is predicated on his amazing twitch muscle footwork and handles that it wouldn't surprise me if his career followed that curve somewhat.

He hasn't really done much
You're right, he let the team fall completely apart and then had kobe's kiss of death contact on his hands, too. When given a shot to speak with an all star last off season he had to beg him to come back and do another meeting because they botched it the first time around. Now, the team can't even tank right and are actually trying to win games.

But mitch got this. He'll bring the big names to a big town and, hell, they'll want to come!

Which is what knicks fans have been telling themselves for nearly two decades now.

Jarate

Banned
Everybody seems to think Curry will age fine because he can shoot so well, but so much of his shooting is predicated on his amazing twitch muscle footwork and handles that it wouldn't surprise me if his career followed that curve somewhat.

His shooting will always be there, just look at Korver

it's a matter of when his body falls apart and if he does enough in the next 4-5 years to be considered in that Lebron tier player.

I do think primarily post players are the ones that stay good for longer. Duncan is still playting at a fairly high level and he's like 70.

Also, Dragan Bender might have a opt out clause in his contract that may allow him to play in the NBA next year. He's another legitimate player in this draft if he comes to the USA. Make it a top 3 draft this year

You're right, he let the team fall completely apart and then had kobe's kiss of death contact on his hands, too. When given a shot to speak with an all star last off season he had to beg him to come back and do another meeting because they botched it the first time around. Now, the team can't even tank right and are actually trying to win games.

But mitch got this. He'll bring the big names to a big town and, hell, they'll want to come!

Which is what knicks fans have been telling themselves for nearly two decades now.

Except the Lakers havehad a modicum of recent success and have won multiple championships in the past 40+ years

Knicks have what, 2?

If I've made you argue that you're doing better than the knicks then I've already proven my point.

Free agents aren't going to care about a bunch of rings won by retired players when you can't offer them a chance to have a shot at one now.

Sandfox

Yeah, its not like he put together a team that went to the finals three years in a row not too long ago or anything.

If I've made you argue that you're doing better than the knicks then I've already proven my point.

Free agents aren't going to care about a bunch of rings won by retired players when you can't offer them a chance to have a shot at one now.

That makes zero sense.

Also, the team needs to be built up before it attracts big name free agents, which is what the team is doing.

Kupchak has had a track record of attracting big free agents. The bigger issue at hand is player development. The purging of Phil Jackson by Jim Buss and his subsequent replacements have been god awful. Mike Brown? D'Antoni (parallels to Rudy T's short Laker stint)...Byron Scott...

I mean in terms of players, the current Lakers have some intriguing talent. It's just that their teacher is the NBA equivalent to this guy

When Raptors Turnover

1445304780738.png

Kupchak has had a track record of attracting big free agents. The bigger issue at hand is player development. The purging of Phil Jackson by Jim Buss and his subsequent replacements have been god awful. Mike Brown? D'Antoni (parallels to Rudy T's short Laker stint)...Byron Scott...

I mean in terms of players, the current Lakers have some intriguing talent. It's just that their teacher is the NBA equivalent to this guy

Wait what?

Sandfox

The current Phil Jackson situation was due to Dr. Buss, not Jim. We also, lost Jerry West because of issues he has with Phil on a somewhat related note. Also, most of Mitch's work has been through trades because the Lakers have never had cap space until from like when they got Shaq to last season.

I'm going to be upset if Jeanie brings Phil to LA.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
huge win for the hornets, without zeller in the second half no less

biyombo is the man

Question for ya, do you know why Charlotte let Biyombo go?

I was always interested in him from when he was drafted until we got him, seems odd they'd just let him go especially with how cheap we got him for this one year.

phanphare

Banned
Question for ya, do you know why Charlotte let Biyombo go?

I was always interested in him from when he was drafted until we got him, seems odd they'd just let him go especially with how cheap we got him for this one year.

crowded front court, pretty much. we had drafted frank, traded for spencer hawes, and already had marvin williams, big al, and cody zeller. I guess they also felt his defense and rim protection was expendable because of the emphasis steve clifford puts on wing defense and biyombo's offense is booty.

I know I'm a bit late but GG HornetsGaf.

Definitely the worst heat shot this season. Why let Wade take a 3 at all, especially when he's 3-13.

I'm more interested to know why Dragic was on the bench late in the 4th? Like he was solid for us on both ends all night. I'm also not happy that Richardson wasn't in the game late, especially considering that he hit a bunch of clutch shots early in the 4th. I understand catering to Wade's ego, but he just didn't have it tonight.

I'm more interested to know why Dragic was on the bench late in the 4th? Like he was solid for us on both ends all night. I'm also not happy that Richardson wasn't in the game late, especially considering that he hit a bunch of clutch shots early in the 4th. I understand catering to Wade's ego, but he just didn't have it tonight.

There was no reason for Dragic and Richardson to not be in the game and getting a chance to take that shot. Wade has been shooting an awful 39% post all star break. He should be shutdown, until the thigh and shoulder injury heals.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
crowded front court, pretty much. we had drafted frank, traded for spencer hawes, and already had marvin williams, big al, and cody zeller. I guess they also felt his defense and rim protection was expendable because of the emphasis steve clifford puts on wing defense and biyombo's offense is booty.

Ah definitely makes sense then.

I wasn't familiar with your depth. I don't know how but Biyombo has gotten slightly better on offense. He's not a complete black hole anymore and is at least putting himself in good positions to just dunk or lay it up.

Hell his stone hands are starting to vanish as well.

cyborg009

Banned
I know I'm a bit late but GG HornetsGaf.

I could understand richardson not being in since he was 1-4 at the FT line and they would have just fouled him. But seriously they should have put in McBob in if they need a big screen. And maybe Green take wade place. Overall horrible play call by Spo and this isn't the first time he has done something like this.

Protann

Giannis playing point forward is one of the few exciting things I can take from this Bucks season. I really hope Kidd goes all in with that next season and figures out a way to get rid of MCW and Greg Monroe.

phanphare

Banned
Ah definitely makes sense then.

I wasn't familiar with your depth. I don't know how but Biyombo has gotten slightly better on offense. He's not a complete black hole anymore and is at least putting himself in good positions to just dunk or lay it up.

Hell his stone hands are starting to vanish as well.

yeah he worked 1-on-1 with pat ewing a lot while he was with us. I remember when we were the bobcats, the last season before we got coach cliff, players couldn't even hand the ball off to him point blank without him fumbling it out of bounds or turning it over. he's a really hard worker, all he wants to do is get better and he will.

I could understand richardson not being in since he was 1-4 at the FT line and they would have just fouled him. But seriously they should have put in McBob in if they need a big screen. And maybe Green take wade place. Overall horrible play call by Spo and this isn't the first time he has done something like this.

aw man, I forgot yall had McJesus. why didn't he play?

Cheebo

Banned
I'm wondering if OKC stayed in Seattle would you have a Durant & Westbrook clutching rings by now.
How would that change anything?

Being in Seattle wouldn't make them magically play better to beat Miami in 2012. Or somehow make them magically play better to be better than the Spurs or the Warriors the next 3 years.

Location has nothing to do with it. It's just their bad luck of being in the west in KD and Russ's prime at the same time as the height of the Spurs and Warriors prime.

phanphare

Banned
How would that change anything?

Being in Seattle wouldn't make them magically play better to beat Miami in 2012. Or somehow make them magically play better to be better than the Spurs or the Warriors the next 3 years.

I hear professional sports teams in seattle can play with an extra man on the roster

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Damn didn't know the Celts have lost 3 in a row.

We'll probably throw y'all a bone tonight as we'll most likely rest Lowry and no clue if Val even plays.

There was no reason for Dragic and Richardson to not be in the game and getting a chance to take that shot. Wade has been shooting an awful 39% post all star break. He should be shutdown, until the thigh and shoulder injury heals.

you almost have to wonder if Spo wanted Wade to fuck that up so he could finally convince him to sit a few games and recover.

Injured and sluggish Wade is doing us more harm than good out there. We have some young and healthy guys. take a week off and get better before the playoffs happen and you're too fucked up to contribute properly

phanphare

Banned
I don't how wade's been playing lately but I don't think you can draw any meaningful conclusions from that hornets game. courtney lee is a great defender and did a good job on wade all night. as for that 3 at the end, game on the line I'd be ok with wade taking that shot every time unless the defense gives you something better. that was a pretty good look though so I'd live with it. however I think yall should have gone for a 3 on the previous possession when you had more time on the clock. could have run a better play.

hbkdx12

Mindlessly made dinner plans last week for saturday night with friends not remembering it's gonna be dubs vs spurs.

I can't remember if the ESPN app offers replays for games on ABC.

I'm ok with the warriors taking an L to the spurs (assuming it's not a massive blowout) as long as they show out tonight against dallas. They gotta bounce back from that L they took earlier in the season. Plus the spurs have really started to ramp up into playoff mode and they have the undefeated home court advantage so as long as they don't get slaughtered i wouldn't be disappointed.

I don't how wade's been playing lately but I don't think you can draw any meaningful conclusions from that hornets game. courtney lee is a great defender and did a good job on wade all night. as for that 3 at the end, game on the line I'd be ok with wade taking that shot every time unless the defense gives you something better. that was a pretty good look though so I'd live with it. however I think yall should have gone for a 3 on the previous possession when you had more time on the clock. could have run a better play.

naw, look at wade's stats since the all star break. He's been a mess, he slows our offense down because he's older and also injured, and we're better with him on the bench than when he's out there right now.

It's not a hot take based on a one game sample, it's based on a month or so of him being a hot mess. He needs to rest and recover, he's a detriment to the team until he does.

Mindlessly made dinner plans last week for saturday night with friends not remembering it's gonna be dubs vs spurs.

I can't remember if the ESPN app offers replays for games on ABC.

I'm ok with the warriors taking an L to the spurs (assuming it's not a massive blowout) as long as they show out tonight against dallas. They gotta bounce back from that L they took earlier in the season. Plus the spurs have really started to ramp up into playoff mode and they have the undefeated home court advantage so as long as they don't get slaughtered i wouldn't be disappointed.

The last 3 Spurs games are huge. I'd rather the Warriors drop the Dallas game than lose at SA. The lead is only 4.5 games right now. Those SA games will be big in locking up the 1 seed

phanphare

Banned
naw, look at wade's stats since the all star break. He's been a mess, he slows our offense down because he's older and also injured, and we're better with him on the bench than when he's out there right now.

It's not a hot take based on a one game sample, it's based on a month or so of him being a hot mess. He needs to rest and recover, he's a detriment to the team until he does.

haha ok fair enough, like I said I wasn't sure how he was playing lately

Wade isn't taking many 3s this year, but I saw a tweet and then looked at his game log. The last time he made a 3 in a game was in December. On 12/16, he was 1 for 1 from the 3 against Brooklyn. (0 of 14 since.)

phanphare

Banned
Wade isn't taking many 3s this year, but I saw a tweet and then looked at his game log. The last time he made a 3 in a game was in December. On 12/16, he was 1 for 1 from the 3 against Brooklyn. (0 of 14 since.)

yikes. still would have been ok with that shot in a vacuum just because it was an open 3 with 3 seconds on the clock where they needed a 3 to tie. that's why I said they should have gone for the 3 on the previous play so they would have had time to run a play and maybe set somebody up to get a better look off. they chose to take the 2, eat some time off the clock, and hope we missed a free throw.

cyborg009

Banned
yeah he worked 1-on-1 with pat ewing a lot while he was with us. I remember when we were the bobcats, the last season before we got coach cliff, players couldn't even hand the ball off to him point blank without him fumbling it out of bounds or turning it over. he's a really hard worker, all he wants to do is get better and he will.

aw man, I forgot yall had McJesus. why didn't he play?

Apparently Spo only likes to play 9 players a game. I doubt him and Green will get any more decent minutes this season. This makes me worry for the post season. Also he's kind of killing dudes with MPG right now.

Apparently Spo only likes to play 9 players a game. I doubt him and Green will get any more decent minutes this season. This makes me worry for the post season. Also he's kind of killing dudes with MPG right now.

not really. He's got the rooks running around, sure, but everyone else is doing an average amount of minutes

Top Bottom