• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15001418/how-stephen-curry-revolutionizing-basketball

Funny things are happening at Harvard. Just ask Kathy Delaney-Smith, who has been head coach of the Crimson's women's team since 1982. In 34 years, she has seen a lot. But this year she's seeing things she has never seen before. She found one of her assistants and several players engrossed in YouTube for an hour, rewinding again and again, breaking down YouTube footage of a one-handed Steph ballhandling series that ended in a crazy tough shot. "I found myself thinking, 'Well if you've got a spare hour, I know some things you could be working on instead,'" Delaney-Smith says.

The disease of Stephitis has spread far beyond the Ivy League. It's so immensely tough to average four made 3-pointers a game over a full season that, just 11 years ago, not one high school boy in the whole country managed to do it, according to Max Preps. This season, 30 players did it.

On Twitter, in March, I asked if people had noticed players outside the NBA "doing Steph Curry things." The replies were immediate and unanimous: Wrote Dan Shanoff: "I coach 4th-graders and all they want to do is shoot extra-long shots (and, when they make them, tap their heart and point up)." Eric Johnson supervises recess at Ashland Elementary in rural New Hampshire. After Curry's big game-winner over the Thunder, recess became all about making that shot. "What surprised me was that they never stopped shooting the shot ... for 40 minutes. They each had to hit it. They talked about the game the whole time."

Stephitis cannot be quarantined. LeBron James may have had his exhausted heart broken by Curry's Warriors in last year's NBA Finals, but LeBron's 8-year-old son, Bryce, still wears No. 30 in honor of Steph.

It's not all that unusual that, with tons of time on the shot clock, Ole Miss guard Stefan Moody recently used a fancy dribble combination into a step-back to score against Mississippi State in the second half. What's a little strange is that he did so at least 8 feet behind the 3-point line.

Mark Jackson was right, Curry is ruining the game of basketball!

dsbB9Ll.png

When I think about this, it makes me feel like such a dinosaur.....I've always been a midrange jump shooter.

I dunno, I love the satisfaction of consistently making shots from beyond the arc. It's a development in my own playing of basketball. But the midrange is insanely important, perhaps evenmoreso than the three point. It's the fundamental range that almost every player should develop.

I wonder who in the right mind thought it was a good idea for Kobe to partake in these meetings. Phil Jackson is leaving the Knicks for the Lakers in due time.
Absolute travesty how he robbed the Knicks of like 15 million dollars annually and leave to join his wife and the management to run the Lakers.

Jeanie Buss doesn't care how the Lakers do. Phil isn't going anywhere. They robbed TWC, and now they pocket the $$$ while the teams sinks to new levels of awfulness.

Seems to be the business plan to me.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Raps looking great so far.

I still expect more push back from the Celts but hoping this continues and the lead balloons so Lowry and Demar can rest.

Two Words

If you told me the Warriors would score 81 points with 8 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and that the Mavericks were tied, I wouldn't have believed you.

These are fly. I usually stick to Jordans, but the Kobe 11 is nice.

Funny that I've thought Jordans were more for style than actual playing, but the only pair of Jordan shoes i have are the 1.5 shoes.

nice, but are the going to be like super limited and hard to find, like any other good Nike shoe?

I'm not sure, but it seems like a regular retail release to me. I'm guessing any House of Hoops Foot Locker section is going to have it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Speaking of playing Basketball, I'm finally getting new shoes. I'm getting the Kobe 11, which I was interested but there wasn't quite the color I was looking for....until now.

I got some Black History Month Kobe 11s for ball, I've enjoyed them.

My brother is against them though, he hates the feel and wonders how I'm even managing to run with them.

I got some Black History Month Kobe 11s for ball, I've enjoyed them.

My brother is against them though, he hates the feel and wonders how I'm even managing to run with them.

I'm guessing you will have to break them in. I have the Kobe X Silk Road, and while they were stiff at first, they broke in and they are terrific. I own three pairs of Kobe shoes, LOL.

This Celtics team isn't even inconsistent, they're downright schizophrenic. The season had long stretches where they either suck very much or are great and one of the best teams in the league, with very few moments in between.

At least this is getting so much better when Danny trades for DMC :)

Fjordson

Man Perkins's clothesline on Dame was pretty dumb. Unfortunate that clown is still in the league.

Also, I have a bad feeling the Warriors are gonna get stomped in SA. Especially if Bogut is out.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2016/...-but-kerr-wont-sit-healthy-warriors-vs-spurs/

“If I had any guts at all, I’d sit everybody,” Warriors head coach Steve Kerr said after Friday’s win over the Mavericks. “It’s like our sixth game in nine nights. It’s on national TV. If I was [Gregg Popovich], I’d sit everybody, but I don’t have that kind of courage.

“I’m in my second year. I can’t flip the bird to the league, like Pop does every once in a while. That’s my guy, but I’m not in that class.”

lol

Top Bottom