• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

overcast

Lost by 20.. again.

I think Lil B put it best.
4wL2u5o.jpg

This game sums up the Heat nicely

When we're bad oh boy we're doodoo

But when we're clicking holy shit

I believed!!!

(Not really, that 1st half was just horrendous!! Still, an amazing 2nd half!)

I really hope they pay Whiteside when the time comes and let the pipe dream of KD to Miami go away. There is no math possible that would make KD+Whiteside+Wade possible, so I rather have them keep HW than try and strike out with KD and ALSO lose HW.

Fjordson

Wow @ that Miami comeback. Didn't expect Houston to start the year so slowly.

Lost by 20.. again.

I think Lil B put it best.
I saw Harden do that on Friday against the Warriors when they were down 16 lol. He made a shot to get to like 4 for 13 shooting and he was doing the cooking thing. It was like wtf bruh.

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 38m38 minutes ago
I love Justise Winslow's game. Had I done the 2015 draft, I would've been carried off the TV set unconscious after he fell to Miami at 10.

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 37m37 minutes ago
And then - I would have gone into a coma when it came out that MJ turned down 4 Boston 1st rounders for 9th pick and took Kaminsky.

The things we missed this summer.

Man, I realize that a lot of people have no sympathy for us...but jesus christ do we need it right now. Lakers of course don't need to be dominant, but for them to at least play solid BBall and get some wins....is that really a big fucking deal to the haters(especially since a lot of these haters are folks who lost to the Lakers like...ten years ago.)? Just because we get the 8th seed doesn't mean we're going to win a title, guys.

Man, I realize that a lot of people have no sympathy for us...but jesus christ do we need it right now. Lakers of course don't need to be dominant, but for them to at least play solid BBall and get some wins....is that really a big fucking deal to the haters(especially since a lot of these haters are folks who lost to the Lakers like...ten years ago.)? Just because we get the 8th seed doesn't mean we're going to win a title, guys.

If people were realistic about this team they would have come to grips with this months ago. This team is going to be awful all year. All I am hoping for is zero significant injuries, particularly to the young guys, and I'm straight. I mean does it really matter if they are just bad rather than god awful? Would this season feel any better as a Laker fan if they won 34 games instead of 20?

Are you literally pleading for moral support for the Lakers, Andrew Korenchkin?

Yes. Lakers are not the evil empire, and everyone knows it.

If people were realistic about this team they would have come to grips with this months ago. This team is going to be awful all year. All I am hoping for is zero significant injuries, particularly to the young guys, and I'm straight. I mean does it really matter if they are just bad rather than god awful? Would this season feel any better as a Laker fan if they won 34 games instead of 20?

I would probably feel better if we played solid games and won 37 games, probably. Given how the NBA is still the NBA, the talent margin is smaller. How many teams that won around 35-40 games a year lose many of those games based on close calls and close scores? Sometimes they just don't quite hit that edge.

Yes. Lakers are not the evil empire, and everyone knows it.

I would probably feel better if we played solid games and won 37 games, probably. Given how the NBA is still the NBA, the talent margin is smaller. How many teams that won around 35-40 games a year lose many of those games based on close calls and close scores? Sometimes they just don't quite hit that edge.

Being mediocre doesn't accomplish anything though, other than some sort of meaningless moral victory. I mean, you can still have promising rookies and have them develop and be terrible as a team. I said it before, everyone came away from last season praising Wiggins as the next big thing, yet the Twolves were miserable and won 21 games (and ended up with KAT as a result, instead of like Frank Kaminsky or something).

If Kobe makes an all star team in the West due to votes again that would be a travesty especially with all the talent in the West.
Clearly this is his last season. Lakers would be stupid to retain him.
He is done.

Better to be hated than to be ignored.

Line_HTX

New record of starting season with three consecutive 20 point losses.

Get that stat out of my face. Fucking tear the pages out of the record books.

Fistwell

LMA just needs some time to adjust. Everyone expecting Pop to just magically overcome the time it takes to build chemistry and become worldbeaters out of the gate were kidding themselves. LMA got his shots in the fourth and looked really good.
Yeah I understand it takes time, and he did look better in the end. But I can't help but be anxious over it, and he was looking pretty flat footed for a good while. Not against the greatest of opposition either. But yeah, his play in the fourth was reassuring.

The only person who is concerning me is West. He doesn't seem to be going after rebounds quite like I thought he would be, but, again, he probably just needs time.
Yeah dunno. Honestly more worried about parker. Looked done at the Euro, isn't looking all that much better now. Mills looked a lot better to me.

Fjordson

LMA will probably get better with time. Parker looks really average though and has for a good year now, including the summer Euro games.

Top Bottom