• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Love the start the Warrirors are on. Barnes stuffing Howard was sweet. Gully is absolutely right that the new owners are the key to the franchise's success. Thinking about all of the bust picks we had over the years, my god. You're probably right that one or two could have been something more if they had the staff the team has now.

Did I read that right that Kobe shot 16 of 51? I can't wait for his retirement, to the elation of his teammates, only for the announcement of his immediate hiring as head coach. Oldbe will tank the team to oblivion the likes of which haven't been seen since Isiah Thomas with the Knicks.

The 51 FG attempts is over 3 games.

And yes, it's sad. Too many fans keep living in the past and won't let go, so he stays.

I feel like drafting Steph was just half the battle with him. I truly believe that had we not changed ownership, there's a good chance, Steph would've been out of the league as a tragic what if player. It's almost downright criminal how the FO and coaching staff under previous owner, Chris Cohan bungled Curry development. They had him play with Monta in the backcourt, totally mishandled his ankle issues by rushing him back (he played 74 games that season despite going in and out because of the injury) and Coach Keith Smart even at one point benched him in favor of Acie Law. Contrast that with Lacob and Guber..shutting down Curry to let him properly rehab, bringing in proper coaching, consistently hiring the best player development staff and investing in technology to monitor player fatigue (Warriors maybe lucky with health last season but they certainly did their due diligence to prevent injury). I think lost in the shuffle of drafting the next star or paying top dollar for the big ticket free agent, we consistently downplay the importance the team plays by actually investing in star player development.

When I think about this, I can't help but wonder about the NBA prospects that just landed in the wrong situation to facilitate their proper growth and ended being busts largely because of it.

I remember in the 90s when Chauncey billups ended up in the raptors after the Damon trade (he was RoY, that Damon) - and billups was later a throw away piece in another trade. Bad situation for him in both Toronto and I think the Celtics before that (correct me if I'm wrong).

Obviously we know how this story ends. Chauncey is one of the great true champions of the NBA, part of that Pistons team that defeated the lakers for the title. Even the first round win - he had to guard a 30 ppg T-Mac in his prime and still emerged a winner. Truly a fantastic sports story.

Which was odd because the raptors and Celtics always struggled to find proper PG for like 10 years after that (Alvin williams did ok for the raps I guess, and I don't remember who played PG for the Celtics during the pierce and Antoine years).

I don't believe players can refuse, but I could be wrong. And the lottery is for the draft order, not the players selected. Once the order is set, teams draft who they want.

The league would be hilariously lopsided, moreso than it currently is anyway, if rookies got to choose which teams they signed with.

This is how the lottery works. Only the teams that do not make the playoffs are eligible for the lottery (so 14 teams, since 16 teams make the playoffs)

And sometimes you'll have teams that will intentionally tank their season if they are still rebuilding and there's a potential draft pick with enough hype to warrant it.

Nice to see Philly kicking some ass. When are they going to be good again? Such a glowing admiration for that franchise coming from me.

Kids these days don't know about them, because they are kids. Only three titles in their whole history sucks.

Jarate

Banned
Nice to see Philly kicking some ass. When are they going to be good again? Such a glowing admiration for that franchise coming from me.

Kids these days don't know about them, because they are kids. Only three titles in their whole history sucks.
They'll have about 499 1st rounders in next years draft which will save us from our biggest weakness which is our bench

We might have 1 more terrible year, and then from then, who knows

The hell is going on? Cavs losing to the 76ers and Knicks winning against the the Spurs at the moment. What's next, the Lakers win and Kobe scores 50?

Fjordson

Yeah Lebron's had a heavy NBA workload since he was 18. Plus there's all the finals runs and Olympic bball summers. Lots of mileage there.

He is almost 31. Kobe and Jordan were dominating the league at his age.

He's put a ton of mileage on his body. I think it was either Simmons or Zack Lowe on a recent podcast that made a good point that the amount of minutes and wear/tear he put on his body the last 4 years when you take into account playoffs and olympics is similar to Kobe from 2008-2012 and Kobe broke down soon after. Back issues in particular are something to be concerned about. He's only 31 but in NBA dog years he's probably in his late 30s.

Is it me or does it look like Kevin Love has gained quite a bit of weight? He looks really slow out on the court right now...........

edit: Dear god he looks AWFUL, getting beat bad on rebounds, slow on rotating on defense. He got STUFFED by Nerlens Noel earlier.

Cheebo

Banned
Cava still playing more than well enough to sail through the east, especially with Kyrie but can anyone see them beating OKC, Spurs, or Warriors? I just can't see it.

If Durant does leave OKC for the Wizards the Lebron domination of the east era will be over.

Aldridge and West are looking a little more comfortable in the Spurs system so far. Love that West is being a little more aggressive getting rebounds, and Aldridge pretty much sparked the Spurs run to lead by 12. Still going to take some time, but the ball is flowing better.

Aldridge and West are looking a little more comfortable in the Spurs system so far. Love that West is being a little more aggressive getting rebounds, and Aldridge pretty much sparked the Spurs run to lead by 12. Still going to take some time, but the ball is flowing better.

Even if this team finishes 8th in the west, they will steamroll everyone in the playoffs. Such intelligent hard working vets.

Even if this team finishes 8th in the west, they will steamroll everyone in the playoffs. Such intelligent hard working vets.

As long as people stay healthy I think they'll be a contender. The West is too loaded to claim anything definitively, but it will be fun.

Another great surprise is Ginobli actually looks decent the past three games.

Piecake

Rubio really might have a significantly improved shot (it now might be average!). He is 3/3 so far, all mid range off the dribble jumpers. It is a good looking shot too.

Wait what lol

Kobe Bryant was given the day off from practice on Monday following his disappointing performance in Sunday's loss to the Los Angeles Lakers.

Byron Scott said Bryant was told to just come back on Tuesday since he was "really angry" with himself.

Bryant shot 3-for-15 from the floor and 2-for-8 on three-pointers.

"I'm just playing like (expletive) right now. I'm getting the shots I want. I'm just not making them," said Bryant after the game.

Scott isn't worried about Bryant figuring it out.

"He’s going to get to the Kobe that we know. It’s just three games into the season."

Top Bottom