• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Here come the excuses.

Tell me about it. GS is a championship team. If Steph as an off night, someone else needs to step up and no one did. The Spurs defense definitely affected him tonight and I'm willing to bet the pressure of the game got to him as well. Same thing happened
with him in last year's Finals.

Can't believe the one dude questioning our ability to play at a high level. It's no secret that the Spurs have been the most consistent sports franchise in the past 15 years lol.

Jeez. Some of y'all aren't big on perspective apparently.

People are just caught up in the moment. Happens. While I'm happy the Spurs won I'm not kidding myself into believing that they're guaranteed anything against this team. The only thing I did learn is the Spurs CAN beat them, and the Spurs weren't exactly playing their best offensively either. Still have some improvement there. Just glad to see Aldridge getting physical.

Fjordson

People are just caught up in the moment. Happens. While I'm happy the Spurs won I'm not kidding myself into believing that they're guaranteed anything against this team. The only thing I did learn is the Spurs CAN beat them, and the Spurs weren't exactly playing their best offensively either. Still have some improvement there. Just glad to see Aldridge getting physical.
Agreed.

Thw overreactions I'm seeing on Twitter are hilarious. The surprise from others is also kinda hilarious. The Spurs only have 10 losses! They're historically great.

hyp3rlink

Tell me about it. GS is a championship team. If Steph as an off night, someone else needs to step up and no one did. The Spurs defense definitely affected him tonight and I'm willing to bet the pressure of the game got to him as well. Same thing happened
with him in last year's Finals.

Can't believe the one dude questioning our ability to play at a high level. It's no secret that the Spurs have been the most consistent sports franchise in the past 15 years lol.

Dude, I completely agree that Spurs have always been a championship level team. In fact, before this game, I wasn't even sure if Dubs can win over Spurs in the playoffs. My point is, Dubs can only improve on this performance and any improvement will result in a Dubs win.

ViciousDS

Banned
Aldridge averaging under 30 minutes a game thus season is scary as hell. The dude is going to be insanely well rested for the playoffs.

But holy hell talk about low scoring game. Spura seemed to be figuring out slowly how to keep the warriors from doing what they want to do.

But reactions are funny.....I knew the spurs quietly being in second place would somehow how cause Twitter to blow up.

The spurs are just behind history in their win/loss ratio. They are an insanely good team.

God playoffs can't get here soon enough

Aldridge averaging under 30 minutes a game thus season is scary as hell. The dude is going to be insanely well rested for the playoffs.

But holy hell talk about low scoring game. Spura seemed to be figuring out slowly how to keep the warriors from doing what they want to do.

But reactions are funny.....I knew the spurs quietly being in second place would somehow how cause Twitter to blow up.

The spurs are just behind history in their win/loss ratio. They are an insanely good team.

Would be crazy if we have two teams finish the season with 70 wins.

ESPN:

Howard told the Houston Chronicle after the game: "I don’t know why people are making a big deal out of it. I do it every game. It’s not a big deal. I ain’t tripping.” The NBA is investigating the incident.

Howard suspended for 30 games. 2009 Finals trip vacated. Magic / Lakers / Rockets all fined a million dollars and docked draft picks.

(Roger Goodell will both decide the punishment and hear the appeal.)

offtopic

He measures in centimeters

I like how the n=1 data point of the "spurs figured them out!" is taking over. People said the same after Portland blew out the Warriors. Please.

I counted 8 missed open three pointers in the first 15 minutes alone. I have Steph at missing 7 wide-open 3-pointers (by his standards) all by himself (throughout the game). Those are normally lay-ups for him so if you predicate your strategy on him continually missing those game after game that is probably a bad idea.

People will say the Spurs turned it over way too much but they were only 2 more than their season average so well within a normal variance. The warriors missing that many open 3s isn't even close to normal. Combine that with the injuries and playing the second game of a back-to-back on the road against a rested team and, while I'm sure it doesn't feel good, that result sort of confirms what we already knew - the Spurs are great but the Warriors will win if they hit the shots they normally do.

ampere

I hope the West Conference Finals this year are as amazing as I think they'll be

ESPN:

Howard suspended for 30 games. 2009 Finals trip vacated. Magic / Lakers / Rockets all fined a million dollars and docked draft picks.

(Roger Goodell will both decide the punishment and hear the appeal.)

"finals trip vacated" lmao

ViciousDS

Banned
I like how the n=1 data point of the "spurs figured them out!" is taking over. People said the same after Portland blew out the Warriors. Please.

I counted 8 missed open three pointers in the first 15 minutes alone. I have Steph at missing 7 wide-open 3-pointers (by his standards) all by himself (throughout the game). Those are normally lay-ups for him so if you predicate your strategy on him continually missing those game after game that is probably a bad idea.

People will say the Spurs turned it over way too much but they were only 2 more than their season average so well within a normal variance. The warriors missing that many open 3s isn't even close to normal. Combine that with the injuries and playing the second game of a back-to-back on the road against a rested team and, while I'm sure it doesn't feel good, that result sort of confirms what we already knew - the Spurs are great but the Warriors will win if they hit the shots they normally do.

No, I said the spurs are slowly figuring them out. I never said they completely figured them out. Spurs slowed down the warriors and it showed how they played. It was like watching an NCAA basketball game out there in terms of speed. I also don't believe the injury card when you still had 3 all stars on the floor against the spurs. If the bulls can beat the rapters with one all star, the warriors could have beat the spurs with what they had no problems as well.

This comes down to one thing.....pressure. This a championship team that should be hitting wide open shots no problem but pressure is one thing they can't seem to handle at times. Like the NBA finals.... Curry struggled for a bit once they reached that point. He still hasn't embraced his persona and it showed last night against an insanely good team.

offtopic

No, I said the spurs are slowly figuring them out. I never said they completely figured them out. Spurs slowed down the warriors and it showed how they played. It was like watching an NCAA basketball game out there in terms of speed. I also don't believe the injury card when you still had 3 all stars on the floor against the spurs. If the bulls can beat the rapters with one all star, the warriors could have beat the spurs with what they had no problems as well.

This comes down to one thing.....pressure. This a championship team that should be hitting wide open shots no problem but pressure is one thing they can't seem to handle at times. Like the NBA finals.... Curry struggled for a bit once they reached that point. He still hasn't embraced his persona and it showed last night against an insanely good team.

Or maybe he just had an off shooting night? Was he feeling immense pressure when he went 1-12 from 3 against the Lakers (again, in a blowout loss much worse than what happened last night)? Of course not...the shot just wasn't falling. Don't let observation bias influence the analysis from this single data point - if this happens in both of their remaining games then we can maybe we have something.

What? I love how people are still bringing up the Cleveland series as support for Curry not being clutch when he's proven otherwise. Did you forget his 3 pointer at the buzzer against the Pelicans? The full court dagger of a shot against the grizzilies? or how about his other game winners? Or how about his scoring this season in crunch time? News flash.. Michael Jordan also missed game winners. I mean shit, let's take a look at his numbers for that series

rFGKXA7.png

Didn't really shoot well game 2...The turnovers were brutal but he pretty much had Delly figured out after game 3...

- Curry's PER in the final period is 46.0. Anthony Davis is second at 35.8.
- Curry is making 61 percent of his 3-point attempts
- Curry is 12th in the league in scoring, despite the fact that he's played the 211th most minutes (he has sat out 14 fourth quarters, and he also missed two games)
- Curry has played 100 fewer minutes than Russell Westbrook (290 to 190), yet has scored only one fewer point (234 to 233)

I'll say what I say last time when the Warriors manhandled the Spurs. The better team on this day won. All it shows is that neither team is intimidated by the other. Bring on the playoffs..

How many heads will roll off if Cavs don't make it to the finals this year

Don't even make the Finals? I imagine everyone not named Dan Gilbert or LeBron James would be considered expendable, from an organizational point of view. That's not to say they'd get rid of everybody, but nobody (sans James) would be off the table. And James could manage to get himself off that table if he so chooses.

There's no shame in losing to Golden State or San Antonio this year, but losing to Toronto or Miami would be an entirely different story.

offtopic

What? I love how people are still bringing up the Cleveland series as support for Curry not being clutch when he's proven otherwise. Did you forget his 3 pointer at the buzzer against the Pelicans? The full court dagger of a shot against the grizzilies? or how about his other game winners? Or how about his scoring this season in crunch time? News flash.. Michael Jordan also missed game winners. I mean shit, let's take a look at his numbers for that series

rFGKXA7.png

Didn't really shoot well game 2...The turnovers were brutal but he pretty much had Delly figured out after game 3...

I'll say what I say last time when the Warriors manhandled the Spurs. The better team on this day won. All it shows is that neither team is intimidated by the other. Bring on the playoffs..

Yup...people claiming he doesn't do well under pressure aren't looking at the stats or watching the games. :/

nillah

Banned
Don't even make the Finals? I imagine everyone not named Dan Gilbert or LeBron James would be considered expendable, from an organizational point of view. That's not to say they'd get rid of everybody, but nobody (sans James) would be off the table. And James could manage to get himself off that table if he so chooses.

There's no shame in losing to Golden State or San Antonio this year, but losing to Toronto or Miami would be an entirely different story.

I think if we can get Uncle Drew back at 112% we can get it, the dudes usually hovering around 120-135%

The Cavs this year are reminding me an awful lot of Lebron's last year with the Heat. And this is me speaking as a Heat fan too. Like, I dunno, maybe the team will get a second wind come the playoffs but there's something in the air making me feel like they are about to get exposed big time.

Gigglepoo

The Cavs situation is such a mess. The higher ups can't do what's best for the team because LeBron will either bolt to another city or pout until things are tweaked to his liking. Ty Lue shouldn't be the coach of a championship level team but he's going to stick around because LeBron wants him. It's a broken situation and LeBron has only himself to blame.

To answer your question: Love. That's it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Raps win again missing 1 starter (Valanciunas) and 2 key reserves (Patterson and Joseph)

So close to hitting 50 wins for the first time in franchise history too.

Even though the opponent was Orlando makes me feel better about being able to rest guys these last few games as the team is showing they can still get it done.

Raps win again missing 1 starter (Valanciunas) and 2 key reserves (Patterson and Joseph)

So close to hitting 50 wins for the first time in franchise history too.

Even though the opponent was Orlando makes me feel better about being able to rest guys these last few games as the team is showing they can still get it done.

How about Norman Powell though. He's pretty good.

Honestly, I'd say it depends on how exactly they lose. Going down swinging like they did last year, sure. But the way they've been playing, it's looking like it's going to a repeat of the Spurs-Miami 2014 faceoff.

ViciousDS

Banned
Honestly, I'd say it depends on how exactly they lose. Going down swinging like they did last year, sure. But the way they've been playing, it's looking like it's going to a repeat of the Spurs-Miami 2014 faceoff.

patty mills draining daggers that final game was glorious! Was so happy to watch Lebron get destroyed that year.

What am I talking about, as long as Lebron doesn't win....I don't care who does. Shit I'll take Clippers winning over the Cavs because I'm not a Lebron fan.

Jarate

Banned
Carl Landry tried his hardest to put the team on his back against the celtics. It's a shame we have the worst defensive back court to ever be assembled.

Top Bottom