• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
That Dwight news is fucking hilarious. Exactly what I would expect from Howard.

Curry looked like shit. Excellent defense from Spurs but he was obviously on an off night as well. Those two things combined to make him 1-12, probably won't see that again in a while.

Warriors should actually be pretty happy about their defensive performance. No Bogut, Ezeli, or Iggy and they kept it relatively close. 73-9 still possible.

El Topo

Isn't the Cavs technically performing worse with Lue then Blatt?
But seriously who gives an interim coach a 3 year deal like that...

If we only look at the W/L ratio, they're performing significantly worse. If I'm not mistaken they were 30-11 under Blatt (~2.73 wins/loss). They're currently at 49-20, i.e. under Lue they are 19-9 (~2.1 wins/loss). In all fairness, they will still likely finish ahead of last season (53-29).

andthebeatgoeson

This Howard news.
senGFZJ.gif
My dude still eating lil debbie's?

jbug617

Banned
Ben Simmons declared for the draft

I was checking out the Nets Schedule and it's pretty harder than I thought.

2 against Cavs, Hornets, Pacers and Wizards
1 against Heat, Raptors, Knicks, Magic and Pelicans

They can beat Knicks, Magic and Pelicans. Raptors is the last game of the season so Raptors might rest some players.

Ben Simmons declared for the draft

I was checking out the Nets Schedule and it's pretty harder than I thought.

2 against Cavs, Hornets, Pacers and Wizards
1 against Heat, Raptors, Knicks, Magic and Pelicans

They can beat Knicks, Magic and Pelicans. Raptors is the last game of the season so Raptors might rest some players.

Phoenix has a few winnable games coming up too.

Fjordson

Anthony Davis says he's been playing with a torn labrum for 3 years and won't play in the Olympics this summer.

Bummer for Team USA. And wow, 3 years? Wonder why he waited so long to fix it.

Anthony Davis says he's been playing with a torn labrum for 3 years and won't play in the Olympics this summer.

Bummer for Team USA. And wow, 3 years? Wonder why he waited so long to fix it.

Might have been misdiagnosed.

Regardless, he should rest because it's not worth going out there when the season is done

also the heat are playing NOLA tomorrow so i cant have him out there trying to give us an L

qcf x2

Stickum is such a weird thing to use in bball. Sure you could catch the ball better but wouldn't it fuck up your shooting?

Have you ever seen Dwight Howard play? Dunks and layups. It's hard to recall a player who has changed his public image for the worst to the same extent as DH.

Have you seen Howard shoot? There's a reason all his shots tend to be right at the rim. According to this, he literally has not made a shot this season from beyond 10 feet.

Have you ever seen Dwight Howard play? Dunks and layups. It's hard to recall a player who has changed his public image for the worst to the same extent as DH.

I mean that shit would affect any type of jump hook, push shot and even lay up. I hope I don't give the impression of defending him. It just doesn't offer much of a benefit and to an extent becomes a detriment.

Messi

Stickum is such a weird thing to use in bball. Sure you could catch the ball better but wouldn't it fuck up your shooting?

Dwight howard shooting looooool. Pls Gully I don't believe you actually watch the Rockets. Dunks, layups or really fucking awful free throws.

I mean that shit would affect any type of jump hook, push shot and even lay up. I hope I don't give the impression of defending him. It just doesn't offer much of a benefit and to an extent becomes a detriment.

If he has been doing it his whole NBA career as he claimed wouldn't he now be used to the feel of it on the ball as opposed to it not being there?

How did no one say anything before now?

Dwight howard shooting looooool. Pls Gully I don't believe you actually watch the Rockets. Dunks, layups or really fucking awful free throws.

You're right in that I don't really watch the Rockets (except when Lin was on the team- it was fun reading the ire he generated on clutchfans). I pretty much only follow my team these days and who they play, same with NFL (I've said this before in the past). I used to follow the league as a whole in the 90's but it's easier to focus on one team and more fun as a fan.

If he has been doing it his whole NBA career as he claimed wouldn't he now be used to the feel of it on the ball as opposed to it not being there?

How did no one say anything before now?

That's what I'm saying...even if it wasn't the Rockets, you think Stan Van Gundy would let that shit fly? Stickum would make him layup worse. I dunno...I'm not defending his cheating which he did, but I'm just saying it's a dumb thing to cheat with. Especially if he's been doing it forever and no one bothered to point it out.

Fjordson

Tracy McGrady said on Rachel Nichol's ESPN show today that the stickum thing is no big deal and that players use it all the time. Could just be a player sticking up for another player, but it's interesting.

Apparently I don't really know what stickum is lol. I wouldn't have figured it had any benefit to a bball player.

Tracy McGrady said on Rachel Nichol's ESPN show today that the stickum thing is no big deal and that players use it all the time. Could just be a player sticking up for another player, but it's interesting.

Apparently I don't really know what stickum is lol. I wouldn't have figured it had any benefit to a bball player.

If 99% of what you're doing is rebounding and dunking than I can definitely see why it would be useful.

It's a detriment to shooting, sure, but it might help someone grab the ball better. What's Howard's specialty? Rebounding. What's rebounding? Grabbing the ball. Howard wants his points too, but they're all dunks and layups and stickum really isn't going to make enough of a difference at that range, so it's not a detriment to his playstyle and actively improves the area of the game where he's most dominant.

Personally, I think there's no way Howard has been using stickum for his entire career; it just doesn't make any sense that NO ONE noticed it until just now. We have people poring over sideline video to find embarrassing things like Howard grabbing a teammate's crotch, but NO ONE saw him spray his hands with a mysterious unmarked spray multiple times a game throughout his entire career? That defies belief. But I have no trouble whatsoever believing that Howard would use stickum to improve his game whenever he thought he could get away with it; that just seems to fit with his personality so perfectly.

Fjordson

The LeBron social media thing is real? That's...odd. Lebron seems like a weird dude sometimes.

Like unfollowing someone on instagram is no big deal in a vacuum, but that's precisely what makes it weird to me lol. Why even bother, especially when you know people will notice.

Top Bottom