• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Jarate

Banned
Just getting around to reading Hinkie's letter. I want to scream at the computer screen. If I were a Sixers fan it would be too much for me. It reads like the ramblings of a 24 year old silicon valley start up worker who is applying for a GM job.

Do you know what was too much for Sixers fans, being stuck with the 8th seed in a shitty east every fucking single year and not owning any of our draft picks because Doug "Franchise Killer" Collins had such brilliant moves as giving Kwame Brown 30 million dollar with a contract.

Do you know what else iis way too much for a Sixers fan too handle, fucking Nepotism, and a plan that ownership gave way too only for them to fucking listen to shit ass people like Stephen A Smith who want them to be the fucking Kings. And now we have an emberassment of ownership who allows Jerry Colangelo, and Bryan Colangelo, both individuals who have never won a title too take over a front office that has 400 future picks

So yeah, Hinkie's manifesto was a little weird, but all it does is give credence that our owners are not only fucking cowards, but they can't fucking stay with a plan. Now we have the guy who signed Rudy Gay too a huge contract, and managed to fuck up a situation with the Raptors in which they had Chris Bosh, and they never fucking did anything.

Hinkie gave the Sixers a possibility of 4 1st rounders this year, and like a 50-60% of having 2 top 5 picks. He also gave the Sixers literally the best chance in NBA history of ever getting the 1st overall pick this year. We are still owed a shit ton of future draft picks and the rights to swap with the Kings this year, next year, and then if that doesnt happen, their first round pick 2 years from now for literally 2 2nd round picks

I don't think people comprehend how fucked we were before this was happening. The year we "almost went to the ECF" we were the fucking 8th seed, and got lucky that the Bulls had their best players knee explode, and then played the a broken and bad Celtics team to 7 games.

But yeah, Sixers fans should feel bad because for once in the past 12 years we've had a fucking plan on building a contender.

We will have the chance at literally having 6 1st round rookies next year playing with us in Embiid (who if healthy will be one of the best big men in the game) Dario Saric ( a 6'10" player who is shooting about 40% from threes in Europe and has played incredibly well) Our first pick which has a better of 50% chance of being either Brandon Ingram or Ben Simmons, the Laker pick if it conveys, the Thunder Pick and the Heat pick.

The real shit is the people who want us to "compete" every night so we can become the 8th seed every night.

Jarate

Banned
And you want to know the real shit about this is the fact that every single person fucking knew Colangelo orchestrated this shit without any doubt. While Hinkie was in charge, there was one "leak" of information that came out with regards to the Joel Embiid situation, an article that lambasted embiid for being immature, and the sixers staff of not knowing how to handle him correctly.

But as soon as fucking Colangelo comes in, we see huge amounts of hate pieces come out about the Sixers with pieces of information coming from "sources within the organization" It's gotten so bad, that basically everyone knows it's fucking Colangelo leaking all this information. Why?, so he could put his fucking son in charge. This isn;t fucking shady at all

you know that Manifesto, this was literally given to 12 majority and minority owners and was never supposed to leak out, guess who fucking leaked it, according to Woj, "Within two hours of sending the email, the letter had been leaked - Jerry Colangelo was Hinkie's strong suspicion, sources said - to a media outlet." This is bullshit, a piece that was never supposed to leak out got leaked by a fucking piece of shit.

And now we are stuck with "I gave a 5 year 50 million dollar contract to Bargani" Bryan Colangelo. Jerry Colangelo actively shit and hurt this basketball team for the sole purpose of putting his son in charge. Fuck these spineless fucking cowards in charge of this team. Fuck everyone in the media for shitting on Hinkie, despite him giving hope to a franchise that had a lethergic fanbase, that was stuck in mediocrity for over a decade thinking that that was somehow better then tanking.

Jarate

Banned
Also, I want to shit on fucking Jaylen Rose right now, who was a long time Hinkie Hater, who whle reading the manifesto thought that Hinkie Quoted 2 psychics because he was to stupid to read the word "physicist" and "psychologist" and when told this he said quote "they're the same thing"

EDIT: yes this is a triple post, I don't fucking care, im fucking pissed off right now

Cheebo

Banned
Hinkie was an embarrassment not just to the 76ers but to the entire league. Good riddance. Will be nice to actually care when I see the 76ers play for once. Curious to see how the Colangelo's start to turn things around this summer.

Jarate

Banned
Hinkie was an embarrassment not just to the 76ers but to the entire league. Good riddance. Will be nice to actually care when I see the 76ers play for once. Curious to see how the Colangelo's start to turn things around this summer.

Fuck you for pushing this shit ass narrative when you have fucking no clue what the fuck happened.

Do you know what's an embarrassment, the fucking Nets, who signed mediocre players to long contracts and got rid of all their draft picks so they could contend for the 8th seed every year

Do you know who else was an embarrassment, Doug Collins led Sixers who had a team consisting of 5 literal bench players as their starting 5 who had no chance of ever winning a chip.

Why does no one care about other obvious tanks going on right now? Oh that's right, because they pretend that they are winning by signing Lou Williams to a fucking contract.

Are people actually coming attacking the analytic approach in the NBA because of Hinkie?

This is the Raptors new practice facility. It is going to continue to grow and grow. These old school dudes gotta stop hating and saying it doesn't work.

Ca3r3TuVAAQ9jk3.jpg

QPV_8478-1050x700.jpg

Cheebo

Banned
Are people actually coming attacking the analytic approach in the NBA because of Hinkie?

This is the Raptors new practice facility. It is going to continue to grow and grow. These old school dudes gotta stop hating and saying it doesn't work.

Ca3r3TuVAAQ9jk3.jpg

QPV_8478-1050x700.jpg

Analytics is great and the future of the NBA. Tanking is a vital element of contender building.

Hinkie tanked for 3 years and drafted multiple useless centers in a league going small. His issue was not tanking nor analytics. It was he drafted shitty players and wasted his high draft picks. If you are going to base your future on tanking and the draft you better know how to draft. Okafor and Embiid were terrible picks.

Zack Lowe said it right today, if he drafted someone like Porzingis or Devin Booker last year. Or Dante Exum or Aaron Gordon the year before Hinkie would still have a job right now.

If you are going to go ALL IN on tanking and the draft you need to have the best scouts in the league and know exactly who to draft. Hinkie was out-drafted by those lower in the lottery the last two years from teams not all in on tanking.

That is why he failed.

Jarate

Banned
Analytics is great and the future of the NBA. Tanking is a vital element of contender building.

Hinkie tanked for 3 years and drafted multiple useless centers in a league going small. His issue was not tanking nor analytics. It was he drafted shitty players and wasted his high draft picks. If you are going to base your future on tanking and the draft you better know how to draft. Okafor and Embiid were terrible picks.

Zack Lowe said it right, if he drafted someone like Porzingis Hinkie would still have a job right now.

How was Okafor a bad pick? a 19 year old big man whose only weakness is his defense, which btw, isn't something that can't be taught. but meanwhile, he's probably the best post player to come out of the draft in many years.

Embiid pick is also fine, who else would you have drafted there? Dante Exum? Meanwhile, Embiid is still a better prospect than any of the players drafted after him. If he plays, he'll be dominant.

His drafts have been fine. Noel was a good pick, MCW we got incredible value for, so that was a good pick, Dario Saric continues to play incredibly well in Europe and should be with us next year.

But continue with your posts that literally have no basis in reality and keep harping up the same trees of Stephen A Smith, a guy whos professional career is based around arguing with Skip Bayless, who im pretty sure might be one of the stupidest people on earth.

This "small ball" shit isn't even anything important. it has only worked for the Warriors who have literally the 2 best 3 point shooters possibly in the history of the NBA on their team. Meanwhile, the Spurs consistently play Aldridge and Duncan together and continue to be one of the best teams of all time. People play small ball becausen there's not that many dominant bigs in the league.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I don't think Mr. Rose will be in Chicago much longer. A team like the Knicks could use him.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
What a horrible season for the Bulls. Thibs must be laughing his ass off right now. Sick of this front office!

Thank god I won't have to up with gasol's soft whiny ass.

I would trade Butler, not resign gasol. I like jimmy but he's the only one on our team with value and the Bulls are not gonna be contenders again for a long time imo.

Hoiberg......

What can I say? The team looked horrible on defense but what surprised me is how clueless they looked on offense. Sad that Thibs teams moved the ball better than this team.

Glad to see Garpax get emberassed like this, they deserve it for what they did to Thibs on his way out.

So are the bulls officially eliminated from playoff contention?

With a Bulls loss or pacers win. Pacers play Philly....so yeah the Bulls are done lol

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Looks like LMA might be ok. Must been a clean dislocation.

wtf @ these long 3 attempts

Top Bottom