• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I'm surprised that Aldridge tweak didn't scare people enough into realizing there's literally no reason to play the starters against the Warriors for the last game.

It's not just about being tired, it's about actual injuries that could happen too. The #2 seed is set in stone now, so there's nothing that that game changes for the Spurs. Not playing is just ensuring that your troops are ready for a tough couple of rounds. Playing is risking a lot.

Eos

Popovich said he will rest several players for the back-to-back Friday at Denver but expects to play his stars again Sunday.

"We don't want to sit them two games in a row going into the playoffs," he said. "It doesn't make much sense."
Spurs have to look at what they were doing wrong yesterday, make adjustments, and get ready for Sunday. They were getting embarrassed out there. If they don't beat them on Sunday, they are losing in 6.

Misterhbk

Warriors will only tie the record

The Spurs played like garbage in the first half and I missed the second half but for the Warriors to only win by 10
Welp

Tieing is basically a failure to me >:)

They coasted to that win. Pretty sure they were up 16? 18? Until the last minute of garbage time when Kevin Martin made a couple shot: that didn't matter. Steph and Klay combined for 5 threes and the Warriors won easily. Kind of puts a damper on the Spurs entire game plan against them.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
And let's not forget that the two home games for GS were essentially blowouts. The home game for SAS was very close. Curry went 1/12 and Klay was also off yet it was still close, plus they didn't have Bogut/Iggy.

Dunno what they're going to change in the playoffs, but if I'm trusting anyone to come up with magic, it's Pop.

this was more disappointing than that year......at least we had Ben Gordon to watch when he was clutch in 07-08 lol. We also had one of my favorite foreign players in Andres Nocioni. I also didn't expect anything that year.........but that year paved way to next year which led to one of the greatest 7 game series I have watched to date.

Celtics vs Bulls 09...............holy crap what a series
I went to the best game of that series.
https://youtu.be/aMyrvwC3sVk
Greatest sporting experience of my life

The back and forth chess match between the Warriors and Spurs have been really entertaining... You could literally see Curry have an on court Eureka! moment in the 3rd quarter when he figured out how to beat the hedge trap. Gonna be an entertaining series. To think, potentially the Warriors and Spurs might have to play 11 game against one another..both teams are going to get real familiar with one another by the time it's all said and done

Eos

Injury Report for Spurs-Nuggets:

Aldridge (rest)
Diaw (soreness, right adductor)
Ginobili (rest)
Green (rest)
Leonard (rest)
Parker (rest)

SI Writers on Thon Maker

Those are some pretty damning assessments

Anonymous NBA Scout
He's a guy that I think is more two or three years away. If we were drafting him, [we'd tell him to] go spend two or three years in Europe or in the D-League. In my opinion, I don't even think he's a roster guy next year. At some point, I feel like it's just been a hype machine. I've watched probably five games. And what really wows you is that he's super tall. I tried to watch him and then I tried to go back and watch Kevin Durant in high school. This kid has some things where you're like, 'maybe.' But Kevin Durant you knew was a sure shot. I don't see that in this kid. So when you start making comparisons and say he's gonna be a player, we've been saying that since the 10th grade, but now he's in the 12th grade and we're not saying he's a sure shot. We haven't seen that evolution. We haven't seen him take that next step. So what makes me want to take him even in the first round at all, unless you're a deep playoff team and you don't care if he plays in three years or not.​

Scout #2
I think he should go to school. He's not ready to play at this level. The only strength he has is that he plays hard and he runs the court extremely well for a 7-footer. He has a high motor, but on our level that doesn't help him get on the court. He has to be able to do other things. His offensive game is very limited. His weight and strength is extremely poor for the NBA. He right now is probably more of a D-League player than he is an NBA player. I wouldn't be surprised if someone took the risk in the first round. Nothing surprises me in the draft these days. You have to look at those teams that have multiple [first round] picks. But if they don't have the position available, than they may go European and stash. He's got a lot of work to do offensively, with his low post game. He likes to step out and shoot jump shot and he's not a very good jump-shooter, I don't think. His total offensive game needs to improve before he can even step on the court.

Fjordson

Harry B seems to be returning to his pre-injury form. Might have to stop calling him Harry B.

Those corner 3's were beautiful and that left handed jam in the first quarter almost brought a tear to my eye. Pay that man the max, Lacob!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Harry B seems to be returning to his pre-injury form. Might have to stop calling him Harry B.

Those corner 3's were beautiful and that left handed jam in the first quarter almost brought a tear to my eye. Pay that man the max, Lacob!

You're gonna overpay for Durant and like it!

Bread

Banned
lol that Celtic team featuring the scary frontcourt of Mikki Moore, Scalabrine and Kendrick Perkins

KG was playing so well before he got hurt too ;_;

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
When was this ever said? Scouting game? Nonsense. They have unlimited amount of footage of the Warriors. Two games against their own team. What else is there to scout? You know what the Warriors do. Lol they aren't throwing this game. They're getting beat because the Warriors are controlling the paint on defense, and on the boards.

TNT broadcast right before the tip.

Warriors haven't won in San Antonio in the regular season since 1997

Some of you weren't even born

TNT broadcast right before the tip.

Warriors haven't won in San Antonio in the regular season since 1997

Some of you weren't even born

1- It's not like this current team has never won there.

2- What does it have to do with the current team? It's not like they're trotting out there with Troy Murphy and Bimbo Coles...

jobber

1- It's not like this current team has never won there.

2- What does it have to do with the current team? It's not like they're trotting out there with Troy Murphy and Bimbo Coles...

>implying that Bimbo Coles wouldn't drop 50 on Duncan at the stage of his career.

So apparently Nerlens Noel is a bad tenant.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/08/nerle...-ever-weed-gatorade-stains-and-death-threats/

NBA star Nerlens Noel puts the guys from "Project X" to shame -- DESTROYING the home he was renting last year with Gatorade stains, drugs and toilet damage ... this according to a lawsuit obtained by TMZ Sports.

The 21-year-old Philadelphia 76ers star rented a 4,800 square foot home outside of Philly back in September 2014 -- paying $54,000 for a 1 year lease. But he not only trashed the place and left weed throughout the home ... he also allegedly threatened the owners after he moved out.

In their lawsuit, the owners of the home list all of the crazy damage they found including after Noel moved out in August 2015:

-- "Splashed neon colored sports drinks (such as Gatorade) on the carpets throughout the home."
-- $30,000 in other damage to carpets
-- Extreme water damage throughout the home
-- Clogged toilets filled with cotton balls and feces

(In fact, the owners say the plumber who fixed the toilet told them the damage was so bad he told them, "Someone must not like you.")

-- Broken elevator (it's a baller house)
-- $4,000 in damage to the stove
-- damage to the fridge
-- damage to the blinds
-- damage to dishwasher
-- torn window screens

The owners say they also found weed and roaches from joints in the home -- including pieces of marijuana in the master bathroom drawers.

Now here's the scary part ...

The owners say they demanded $42,000 to repair the damage ... but the DAY AFTER they sent the demand, a TOMBSTONE with the words "RIP" mysteriously appeared on the front steps of the property. The owners believe it was Noel's doing and are considering it a death threat.

They're now suing Noel for all sorts of reasons -- including assault (because they believe harm is imminent) and want more than $75,000 for their troubles.

As for Noel, so far no comment from his camp -- but according to the suit, he's demanded his security deposit back.

Jarate

Banned
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...-Sam-Hinkie-or-The-establishment-endures.html

Really good article btw

Could always be sopmeone in his crew or some other shit, and even then 75K is chump change to an NBA player

the only issue is the Tombstone. Like, what the fuck was that, and do they have any proof it was Noel or any of his friends

Not the first time a famous person has destroyed someone elses place anyway

Jarate

Banned
You're going to love the return to the perpetual 8 seed and you know it.

considering I basically stopped watching the sixers for a few year in the pre-doug collins era, and then got suckered into rooting for them when they got ET, im probably just going to bandwagon Steph Curry or maybe the Bucks since I live in wisconsin now

phanphare

Banned
he looks like rey, should have just done buns and gone all the way

VXQL5Kg.jpg

jobber

the Spurs rest most of the team but Duncan plays? Confirmed for the bench role now?

Jarate

Banned
Today was a good day for the process, especially with Miami losing

too bad we'll trade these picks for brandon jennings D:

Top Bottom