• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

trebbble

Deadspin's got the full 13 (!) page resignation letter

http://deadspin.com/here-is-sam-hinkies-full-13-page-letter-of-resignation-1769545687

wherein he compares his process to The Long Now project, a 10,000 year clock

While some organizations (like ours) have this as part of their ethos, for others it is the ethos. Check out the 10,000 Year Clock. It is no mere thought experiment, but an actual clock being designed to be placed inside a mountain in West Texas, wound, and left to tick and chime for ten thousand years. Why? Because to design something that lasts that long makes us all consider what the world will look like between now and then. In return, we might be inspired to do something about it

13 pages sure is a lot of words, folks.

Krillin's on his 4th consecutive game with 20+ points for the first time in his career!!!

Ol' Barea is out there throwing destructo discs

Jarate

Banned
yeah, Im fucking pissed btw at this. Of it was an onvious upgrade id feel better, but Bryan Colangelo fucking sucks donkey ass in his career.

Hinkie didnt win, but ive already gone through how shit our franchise was with Doug Collins.

Exokell

Banned
Shit just realized Mike D'Antoni and Bryan Colangelo tandem back together. Expect D'Antoni to get promoted to HC. If so do they draft at Simmons at 1?
I don't know if you're talking shit or something. But D'Antoni's system is what every NBA team wants to run right now. Say whatever you want but the man revolutionized the game.

Jarate

Banned
fick Josh Harris for being a piece of shit owner, if you give someone the ability to pull this off, you better have the balls to deal with the idiots who dont understand any better what's going on, an you better have the ability to not let a ficking power struggle bappen in the FO

and isnt like he picked up fucking Phil Jackson, he picked up Bryan "im somehow only a little better then Billy King" Colangelo when the fruits of all this suffering was coming to fruition this season

fuck my life, it's back to being the 9th seed every year

h1nch

The other reason to keep track yourself is you’re often the only one to see the most insidious type of errors, the ones the narrative generating parts of our lizard brains storytell their way around—errors of omission.

I like Sam Hinkie and I get the figure of speech, but after reading that sentence all I could think about was https://youtu.be/hMQ2qGmJOVM?t=13s

I don't know if you're talking shit or something. But D'Antoni's system is what every NBA team wants to run right now. Say whatever you want but the man revolutionized the game.

I wasn't lol that is why I am wondering if they would draft Simmons with his questionable shooting ability.

Trail Blazers are officially IN! We coming for that 5th seed!
Yea boyyy look at the Grizz schedule compared to ours. I knew OKC would rest up but play their second unit super hard. I feel like they would rather not play Blazers first round and give us a win.

Kevtones

Crazy stat about Portland:

With a win over OKC, the Blazers are the first team in NBA history to make the playoffs while returning only two or fewer players who logged 1,000+ minutes with the team in the previous season (Lillard, Kaman)

If Portland wins both games (home against Denver/Minnesota) - they have 45 wins. Memphis needs to beat Golden State twice and a couple other decent teams to go 4-0 to have a better record.

If they win 3/4 they tie the Blazers and the season series was 2/2 - not sure about the next tiebreaker.

Megatron

Crazy stat about Portland:

If Portland wins both games (home against Denver/Minnesota) - they have 45 wins. Memphis needs to beat Golden State twice and a couple other decent teams to go 4-0 to have a better record.

If they win 3/4 they tie the Blazers and the season series was 2/2 - not sure about the next tiebreaker.

It's,conference wins and I think portland wins that.

Memphis also has to beat Dallas, which is unlikely since Dallas needs the win to get in. The clippers will lay down for them, but that probably won't be enough.mi think clippers/Blazers is a lock.

Cheebo

Banned
After the Pistons and Mavericks wins last night it is time to close the book on the Wizards, Bulls, and Rockets playoffs hopes. Try again next year boys.

portlandGAF, how's gerald henderson doing for yall?

He's great, I'd love it if Henderson gets re-signed. He has no problem coming off the bench and hes kept us in a lot of games we had no reason being there. It would have been perfect if we got him last year instead of Afflalo.

phanphare

Banned
nice, I always loved henderson though understood why the hornets needed to trade him

he's just a straight up professional who works on both ends of the floor. a true duke alum.

B.O.O.M

Yea boyyy look at the Grizz schedule compared to ours. I knew OKC would rest up but play their second unit super hard. I feel like they would rather not play Blazers first round and give us a win.

Yep! I thought they would rest either WB or KD..not both. Worked out great

It's,conference wins and I think portland wins that.

Memphis also has to beat Dallas, which is unlikely since Dallas needs the win to get in. The clippers will lay down for them, but that probably won't be enough.mi think clippers/Blazers is a lock.

You're correct, tie breaker goes to Portland because of conference wins

portlandGAF, how's gerald henderson doing for yall?

Hobe has been fantastic really. Great chemistry with the rest of the team. I hope we do what's needed to bring him back to Portland in the off season. He himself said he wants to come back as well. That Charlotte trade worked great for both teams in the end.

Last night was the first time since the days of Olajuwon that I actually was pulling for Houston to win. Not because I like the Rockets, mind you; nor do I have anything against Dallas. But the idea of three teams with identical records in the 7-9 seeds was just so appealing. It's still a good race, but I don't see Houston making it now (and thank God, because who wants to see that whiny bunch of nincompoops wasting Golden State's time in the first round).

Also, go Blazers! I completely wrote them off this year and they have outperformed everyone's wildest expectations. They're looking like a solid lock for the 5-seed. They're still getting bounced in Round 1, but that's fine. Better than going full tank mode.

phanphare

Banned
Hobe has been fantastic really. Great chemistry with the rest of the team. I hope we do what's needed to bring him back to Portland in the off season. He himself said he wants to come back as well. That Charlotte trade worked great for both teams in the end.

it really did. nic batum has been nothing short of stellar this season. he's everything we gambled on with fucking lance. he could honestly put up zero points and still be an effective starter, he just does so much.

he's going to demand some value this off-season, I hope he wants to stay in charlotte. he seems to love playing for our team so we'll see.

it really did. nic batum has been nothing short of stellar this season. he's everything we gambled on with fucking lance. he could honestly put up zero points and still be an effective starter, he just does so much.

he's going to demand some value this off-season, I hope he wants to stay in charlotte. he seems to love playing for our team so we'll see.

Batum is solid. He doesn't put up big numbers, but he can do everything, and he seems equally happy in a supporting role as a starring one. He also occasionally punches people in the junk, and sometimes you need a good dickpuncher on your team.

nic-batum.gif

phanphare

Banned
Batum is solid. He doesn't put up big numbers, but he can do everything, and he seems equally happy in a supporting role as a starring one. He also occasionally punches people in the junk, and sometimes you need a good dickpuncher on your team.

lol, I hadn't seen that

he was clearly going for the ball
s
though

ViciousDS

Banned
man...........that spurs golden state game is on way too late for me....I only got 3 hours of sleep last night and my body....did not like it at all. Sadly will have to skip....damn

Jarate

Banned
fuck Joshua Harris and fuck our organization and fuck the media who was spoonfed negativity from Jerry Colangelo so he could hire his inept fucking son without looking for a new option

I dont even mind firing Hinkie as he has not been perfect from a lot of standpoints, but now we have a group of people who have never won a championship in charge

fuck our owners, spineless cowards. Fuck Adam Silver too for pushing for Colangelo to go into Philly.

B.O.O.M

I hope you guys do keep him and I'm sure he will be willing. I'm happy for him. He (just like barton) needed a change of scenery and both are in teams that seems to value them.

oh and let's not forget about Vonleh. I think the kid has a TON of potential. Great fundamentals.

Also known as the Harden Defense

fking LOL! Haren jokes never gets too old

phanphare

Banned
I hope you guys do keep him and I'm sure he will be willing. I'm happy for him. He (just like barton) needed a change of scenery and both are in teams that seems to value them.

oh and let's not forget about Vonleh. I think the kid has a TON of potential. Great fundamentals.

I hope vonleh develops, he had a hard time learning NBA defense

spyder_ur

Just getting around to reading Hinkie's letter. I want to scream at the computer screen. If I were a Sixers fan it would be too much for me. It reads like the ramblings of a 24 year old silicon valley start up worker who is applying for a GM job.

Top Bottom