• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

I really am happy for the Warriors. Despite my strong desire to see the Spurs do well I'm glad Curry and co are going to be able to go for the record Wednesday. Hate seeing the Spurs lose out on the home streak record, but ultimately what matters is a chip. If losing tonight puts more pressure on them to fix their offense before it is too late then I'm all for it. Warriors -- Curry -- put on a heck of a second half and deserved this win.

I know some don't like Bob Fitzgerald... but I'm genuinely happy for him and Jim Barnett.

Just listening to them right after the games with their sense of disappointment..yet with hope.....all those tough years.

It's nice to see that they can experience these joyfull moments and call these record setting situations.

I love Barnett. He's great, especially when you factor in his history in the league playing with guys like Dr. J, Pistol Pete and Bill Russell. He's a living history book for the NBA. And I think he's a quality color guy.

Fitz...lmao. I'm sure he means well, but he has to be so obnoxious for non-Warrior fans. Happy for him also, though. He had to go through the pre-Lacob dark days.

Fitz isn't well liked because he's a complete homer/company shill and in the 90's essentially weaseled his way to replace Greg Papa as play by play commentator.

http://richliebermanreport.blogspot.com/2012/02/fitzgerald-and-papa-uneasy-on-comcast.html

d80CjM9.jpg

The tank lives.

I know Klay had talked before about Jordan telling him to go for the record at all-star weekend, but I didn't know he also told Draymond the same thing. No way MJ is actually cool with it, with how competitive he is. His blessing was obviously him trying to play mind games, but if it happens at least he can claim he was always cool with it while cursing in the back room.

Kobe's last game was supposed to be broadcast on ESPN, but because of GS's chance at history, the Lakers are relegated to ESPN2 while the Warriors v. Memphis will be on ESPN this Wednesday.

Servbot24

Banned
I know Klay had talked before about Jordan telling him to go for the record at all-star weekend, but I didn't know he also told Draymond the same thing. No way MJ is actually cool with it, with how competitive he is. His blessing was obviously him trying to play mind games, but if it happens at least he can claim he was always cool with it while cursing in the back room.

Competitors crave competition.

ViciousDS

Banned
Kobe's last game was supposed to be broadcast on ESPN, but because of GS's chance at history, the Lakers are relegated to ESPN2 while the Warriors v. Memphis will be on ESPN this Wednesday.

I'll be watching the Lakers over GS......should be an easy win tbh. But then again the Timber wolves happened lol.

Also

Rose also mentioned that if the Bulls don’t make the playoffs, he’ll have more time to spend with his son. That’s the kind of thing you don’t say out loud, not when you’re making $20 million and certainly not when fans are still paying a premium to watch a mediocre basketball team.

This fucking guy needs to be traded honestly. I have lost all respect for DRose in less than a year with him and his comments. Dude plays great, but shows no heart on the floor and definitely only cares about himself at this point. Between his comments earlier this year and him already thinking about his next contract and "I'm just thinking about the future of my kids and family" to this most recent one. Fuck Rose.

Also between all the endorsements and the money he made off this contract the last thing he should even have to worry about is money....dude is rolling in it for almost playing 0 basketball in the last 3 years. This year was his most played since 2011.

How do you go from home town hero to broken town hero, including broken heart......dear heavens.

I'll be watching the Lakers over GS......should be an easy win tbh. But then again the Timber wolves happened lol.
I don't know about easy game. Isn't Memphis still playing for the 5 spot or did Portland have tie breaker on them?

DRose needs to get a Laimbeer foul for that.

ViciousDS

Banned
I don't know about easy game. Isn't Memphis still playing for the 5 spot or did Portland have tie breaker on them?

DRose needs to get a Laimbeer foul for that.

if portland loses Wed and memphis beat both clips and gsw they will take the 5th. However if Portland wins Wed, memphis would have to win both and I'm not sure who would take the tie breaker. Memphis is locked along with portland though for at least a seed

Fjordson

After Saturday's performance I don't want to assume anything as far as Dubs vs. Memphis. They should be able to win easily, but we'll see.

GS is 16-1 vs. 50 win teams which is pretty crazy, but that shows how they're not immune to a letdown against mediocre / bad opponents.

This fucking guy needs to be traded honestly. I have lost all respect for DRose in less than a year with him and his comments. Dude plays great, but shows no heart on the floor and definitely only cares about himself at this point. Between his comments earlier this year and him already thinking about his next contract and "I'm just thinking about the future of my kids and family" to this most recent one. Fuck Rose.

Also between all the endorsements and the money he made off this contract the last thing he should even have to worry about is money....dude is rolling in it for almost playing 0 basketball in the last 3 years. This year was his most played since 2011.

How do you go from home town hero to broken town hero, including broken heart......dear heavens.

His career and his attitude are eerily similar to Vince Carter's...

how can the Lakers lose their pick?

I'd don't want those shitty bum 76ers not get anymore top 5 picks, fuck em

Lakers pick is top three protected. If it falls in the top 3, the Lakers keep it. If it is 4-13 the Lakers lose it to Philly (originally Phoenix, who traded it to the Sixers for Brandon Knight)

Jarate

Banned
how can the Lakers lose their pick?

I'd don't want those shitty bum 76ers not get anymore top 5 picks, fuck em

Even if we don't get it this year, you think there's any chance the Lakers wont be in the lottery next year. That team kind of blows

Lakers pick is top three protected. If it falls in the top 3, the Lakers keep it. If it is 4-13 the Lakers lose it to Philly (originally Phoenix, who traded it to the Sixers for Brandon Knight)

2 years from now it's going to be unprotected (next year it's top 3). We also are owed the Kings pick 2 years from now

Jarate

Banned
Also, the sixers are practically guaranteed the 1st and 4th pick after Adam Silver was able to weasel his way into pushing Hinkie out

Even if we don't get it this year, you think there's any chance the Lakers wont be in the lottery next year. That team kind of blows

2 years from now it's going to be unprotected (next year it's top 3). We also are owed the Kings pick 2 years from now

New coach, no Kobe, possibly a free agent or two and another year of development for the core of D'Tective/Randle/Clarkson. I think they will still miss the playoffs but they will be better.

Jarate

Banned
New coach, no Kobe, possibly a free agent or two and another year of development for the core of D'Tective/Randle/Clarkson. I think they will still miss the playoffs but they will be better.

You add 10 wins to the roster and you still only got like 25 wins. Also, im pretty sure you'll keep the same coach, as he's probably positioned himself as the tank commander, and has job protection because of it

You add 10 wins to the roster and you still only got like 25 wins. Also, im pretty sure you'll keep the same coach, as he's probably positioned himself as the tank commander, and has job protection because of it

meh. If they lose the number 9 or 10 pick in the draft I'm not sweating it. Hell to be honest I'm not sweating it much this year because it seems like a 2 man draft. Granted losing the 4th or 5th pick is still a pretty big asset to lose, but I doubt there's a franchise guy waiting to be lost.

Jarate

Banned
meh. If they lose the number 9 or 10 pick in the draft I'm not sweating it. Hell to be honest I'm not sweating it much this year because it seems like a 2 man draft. Granted losing the 4th or 5th pick is still a pretty big asset to lose, but I doubt there's a franchise guy waiting to be lost.

Next years draft is supposed to be pretty good, esepcially for guards. Although you guys are a little loaded at that front

Jarate

Banned
also, a lot of shit is coming out with regards to the Hinkie firing and the Colangelo hiring that just makes the sixers ownership look like a mess.

also, apparently ownership wanted Hinkie to draft Okafor even though he was going to draft Porzingis :/

http://www.libertyballers.com/2016/...-jerry-colangelo-are-either-lying-incompetent

here's a damn good articke talking about how stupid this whole situation is. Joshua Harris has taken a massive L in all of this.

Im still not sold on Bryan Colangelo, but man, this FO goves me even less confidence

cant wait for max contract Harrison Barnes!

GSW can earse yet another record of David Sterns gift to Jordan.

I love where the league is heading as a whole. (Except for the ineptness of my Lakers, which is reminiscent of a loony bin)

ViciousDS

Banned
CBS awards voting: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...cks-steph-curry-not-the-only-unanimous-winner

MVP and rookie of the year this year are such crazy locks. Towns locking up the ROTY so definitively is especially impressive.

towns is amazing to watch.....if Wiggins could develop a decent jumper on top of his already freakish athleticism its going to be a scary duo and the TWolves could enter playoff status in a year or so. Can't wait to see how good Towns becomes.

His career and his attitude are eerily similar to Vince Carter's...

At least Carter brought basketball to life in Toronto.....basketball would have been fine with the Thib hiring in the first place lol, Rose didn't effect our record as much as Thibs did. In fact we would have had a more complete roster outside of 2011 his first year as every following year rose was mostly limping his way to play.

I mean look at this....despite me hating him run players into the ground sometimes on minutes.....he knew what he was doing development wise

Thibodeau has been described as a "no-nonsense coach, but his personal authenticity and the success of his strategies endear him to his players." According to Kevin Garnett, who played for Thibodeau in Boston, Thibodeau is "a worker. He's a guy that loves his job. He does it with passion."

In 2005, while an assistant with the Houston Rockets, Thibodeau began working with Yao Ming, traveling to China to hone Yao's skills. According to Jon Barry, a former NBA player who worked as an assistant with the Rockets, "Thibodeau was an effective one-on-one teacher [who spent] countless hours ... working with Yao Ming on his footwork...."During the 2004–05 season, Yao averaged 18.3 points and 8.4 rebounds per game. The following season, after working with Thibodeau, Yao averaged 22.3 points and 10.2 rebounds.

A number of Thibodeau's former players have praised him for his ability to develop their talent. According to Joakim Noah, who played for Thibodeau with the Bulls, "I feel like I really improved as a player because of him."

as good as this rookie class is Towns should win the ROTY unamimously. No other rooks are in his class. The guy is in his rookie year and could probably legitimately be considered one of the 10-15 best players in the league.

as good as this rookie class is Towns should win the ROTY unamimously. No other rooks are in his class. The guy is in his rookie year and could probably legitimately be considered one of the 10-15 best players in the league.

That's what I'm pointing out...He's the unanimous ROTY in a year where the rookie class overall has been super impressive.

Top Bottom