• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Can't wait till Wednesday, Clippers need a badly earned lesson after all that trash talk in the off-season.

I'd like to see the Warriors put a sock in the Clips. Doc and co have been taking unnecessary pot-shots at the Warriors.

Memphis better be careful because with the West as loaded as it is they can easily slip out of playoff contention before they know it laying eggs like the one they did tonight.

This is a massacre

Uhm....

Beat%20down.jpg

You're right.

So, has Memphis' window passed?

Bread

Banned
Keep Conley and Gasol, let everyone else go. Jeff Green is such a waste, it's a shame to see him bringing down that team.

I want Ian Clark to be a good backup that can play opposite Livingston when Steph and Klay sit next season. I doubt Barbosa is back next season.

Wow. Warriors winning by 50.

The warriors beat the grizzlies by 50 points. 50. Is there a list of the biggest regular season blowouts this century? Id imagine this is among them. Holy shit.

Ugh why did we sign T Ross to an extension?

Wait wait what? Raptors Ross?

Omg $33mln for 3 yrs. There must be real concern about the cap and salaries league wide next year if Ross is getting more per year (right now) than derozan.

Really shocked Ross could command that salary. Must be league wide demand.

Speaking of which, Demarr is going to get a $7bln deal over 6 years now that this precedent has been set lol :) ok ok more like $100mln 5 yrs.

Cheebo

Banned
There is no doubt in my mind that greatest current player in the world title that Magic Johnson passed to Michael Jordan that passed to Kobe Byrant then to LeBron James is now Steph Curry.

We are going to be talking about watching Curry playing in his prime decades from now like people still do for for players like Magic and Jordan.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
There is no doubt in my mind that greatest current
player in the world title that Magic Johnson passed to Michael Jordan that passed to Kobe Byrant then to LeBron James is now Steph Curry.

We are going to be talking about watching Curry playing in his prime decades from now like people still do for for players like Magic and Jordan.

Is it time to stop referring to lebron James as the best player in the world? Cause Curry has been the guy for 2 years now.

Cheebo

Banned
Is it time to stop referring to lebron James as the best player in the world? Cause Curry has been the guy for 2 years now.
Many wanted to wait to see if last year was a fluke. It clearly looking to not be the case. I think it made sense to wait till this year to crown him. Which he has earned.

I am by no means a GSW guy but we need to really appreciate what we are witnessing here. It's incredible.

Many wanted to wait to see if last year was a fluke. It clearly looking to not be the case. I think it made sense to wait till this year to crown him. Which he has earned.

I am by no means a GSW guy but we need to really appreciate what we are witnessing here. It's incredible.

Curry is definitely, arguably, the best player in the game right now. He has hit just about as many if not more big shots than Durant, Westbrook, Davis and James the past two seasons. We've also seen what happens to Golden State when Curry is not there or is not healthy -- good, but not great.

LBJ may not be as dominant as he was a couple of years ago but he's still the best. Go back to last year's finals. James won two games with only a couple of role players in support. No way Curry is able to carry a team like that.

fertygo

LBJ may not be as dominant as he was a couple of years ago but he's still the best. Go back to last year's finals. James won two games with only a couple of role players in support. No way Curry is able to carry a team like that.

Those sub 40% shooting sure is impressive

There is no doubt in my mind that greatest current player in the world title that Magic Johnson passed to Michael Jordan that passed to Kobe Byrant then to LeBron James is now Steph Curry.

Kind of feel bad for Kevin Durant since a couple of years ago all hype was on him to become the Heir Apparent.

Cheebo

Banned
Kind of feel bad for Kevin Durant since a couple of years ago all hype was on him to become the Heir Apparent.

There are always almost-heirs. I mean while the 90's had Jordan as the GOAT that does not take away from how incredible the likes of Charles Barkley, Isiah Thomas, John Stockton, Karl Malone, David Robinson, Scottie Pippen, Patrick Ewing, Reggie Miller, & Hakeem Olajuwon all were.

If we didn't have Jordan in the 90s we easily could have had a 90s dominated by Charles Barkley or the Malone/Stockton duo.

Durant is 6 months younger than Curry, his time hasn't exactly run out. That being said sooner than later, perhaps even this season, Anthony Davis is going to destroy everyone.

Cheebo

Banned
With the way the nets have been playing it would be hilarious if they get the #1 pick which is unprotected and would go to Celtics.

Durant is 6 months younger than Curry, his time hasn't exactly run out. That being said sooner than later, perhaps even this season, Anthony Davis is going to destroy everyone.
Davis needs an actual competent team surrounding him to start breaking out. Jordan really didn't become Jordan till the Bulls got some other decent players. Pelicans with Davis reminds me a lot of the first round of Cavs with Lebron.

Shooting when you're getting hard doubles is tough! If teams could defend Curry the way the Warriors went after LBJ he'd barely get a shot off.

image.gif

The common tactic against curry is to trap him as soon as he gets near the 3 point line. The man gets hard doubles further out than any other player.

Curry gets his shot off because his release is ridiculously fast. Dominant players in the past relied on fadeways and basically out jumping opponents. Curry shoots before you can even fully contest. Even if you do manage to prevent him from taking a shot, he's very willing to defer and a lethal distributor.

Fjordson

There is no question in my mind he's the best and has been since last season.

That may change with Durant healthy this year, but today it's Curry imo.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Lamb got $7 million, and there was a chance if Ross continues to be somewhat productive on the bench like he has been he will get more on the open market. Better lock him down now at a fair market price.

After thinking about I still don't like the deal but I can live with it. I'm assuming he'd probably get 14-15 mil on the open market in the new salary cap.

I still don't trust him to stay consistent but we'll see now, he's here for 3 more years.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Shooting when you're getting hard doubles is tough! If teams could defend Curry the way the Warriors went after LBJ he'd barely get a shot off.

Thats the thing tho, Curry does get doubled and tripled but it doesn't matter. He can shoot over double teams, dribble through traffic like no one I've seen in a long time, and make perfect passes to open teammates.

Top Bottom