• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

Curry's not great on D but at that position it's hard to be a good defender night in and night out when you are going up against guys like Westbrook, CP3, Conley, Curry, ect...every night and the rules are skewed in favor of guys who attack the lane. Having a good team defensive scheme (which GState does) is far more important than individual stoppers.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
How about we just agree that we are experiencing the best time ever in basketball

I still say the mid 80's with the lakers and Celtics were the best. I was only 8-10 when i saw them play, but holy shit it was great.

Only thing keeping this from the best era is the east being so shitty,

If the Grizz are interested in 3pt shooting I have a slightly used Nick Young to offer for the low low price of a heavily protected future first round pick.

If the Grizz are interested in 3pt shooting I have a slightly used Nick Young to offer for the low low price of a heavily protected future first round pick.

nickyoung-miss-three-pointer.gif

Feep

Banned
Random question: who, in NBA history, do you think had the highest vertical leap? Has this been effectively measured?

overcast

This chart is so dumb lmao. ESPN always has the most ridiculous shit.

That said the Warriors clearly the best. Hopefully we can start putting it together. Harden fucking killed it last night and Lawson did exactly what can make us great. Hopefully we can continue.

If only I could actually dunk a ball...

On another note, I want to buy my fourth Lakers jersey. I'm wondering what young player to get: Randle, Clarkson, Russell, or someone else?

Fjordson

Are you guys ignoring defense?
Curry's defensive metrics were good last year and he was first in overall steals.

Defensive stats can be misleading so I'm not saying he's Gary Payton or anything, but he's so clearly the best offensive player in the league, so the argument would basically be someone who is really good at offense while being way, way better at defense. I'm not sure that guy exists. It was Lebron, but he's not that great on D anymore.

Maybe a healthy Durant if he's back to his MVP form, but he's certainly no better than Curry on D and also isn't on Curry's level as a facilitator.

If only I could actually dunk a ball...

On another note, I want to buy my fourth Lakers jersey. I'm wondering what young player to get: Randle, Clarkson, Russell, or someone else?

i always like to buy jerseys of players who are going to stick around for awhile. I'd hate to have been the person to buy a Dwight Howard jersey. i'd go with Randle.

xHiryu

This Bulls-Hornets game is pissing me off. The Bulls always get destroyed when the game starts, we lack urgency, consistency and killer instinct. Hopefully these are some serious growing pains, cause as of now, I don't like how the team is looking.

This is me just being real salty about this Hornets game

This Bulls-Hornets game is pissing me off. The Bulls always get destroyed when the game starts, we lack urgency, consistency and killer instinct. Hopefully these are some serious growing pains, cause as of now, I don't like how the team is looking.

Bulls have been like that for a few years now.

ViciousDS

Banned

I feel you......this game is fucking terrible

now we are down by 23 nearing the end of the 3rd quarter.....what the hell is this! It was supposed to be a Thibs only effect!

Pelicans getting pasted by the Magic. Pelicans and Davis is starting to mirror the NBA version of the Indianapolis Colts: transcendent young star who can be a force in the league held back by a bad team.

Holy cow at that Bulls-Hornets score! Are the Hornets that good now or the Bulls that bad? Does MJ actually know what he's doing as an owner now?

xHiryu

Holy cow at that Bulls-Hornets score! Are the Hornets that good now or the Bulls that bad? Does MJ actually know what he's doing as an owner now?

Bulls are playing like shit. Hornets are a franchise stuck in the worst possible option, mediocrity. You're not good enough to be a contender but you also dont get any lottery picks, then proceed to get bodied in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Bulls have been like that for a few years now.

Most of us thought that was cause of Thibs' shit offensive schemes. Hoiberg is "supposed" to fix that, but we got another 77 games to play, so no rash judgements
yet
. Also Rose can't have only 4 fucking points, he hasn't scored double digits in a while.

i always like to buy jerseys of players who are going to stick around for awhile. I'd hate to have been the person to buy a Dwight Howard jersey. i'd go with Randle.

Randle is the one I'm inching towards....though I love Clarkson. No matter, the modern design of the Gold jerseys is more of a selling point for me. I try to mix it up and get a jersey in different styles (Original Gold, Original Purple, and Sleeved Hollywood Nights).

Pelicans getting pasted by the Magic. Pelicans and Davis is starting to mirror the NBA version of the Indianapolis Colts: transcendent young star who can be a force in the league held back by a bad team.

That might at been the case in the first half of last season, but right now we are a severely hurt team. We currently have 10 players who can play, 3 of which are coming off injury and/or are playing limited minutes. On top of that AD is playing weak, almost looks like he doesn't care. And then to top it off, two of our four losses have been to the Warriors.

So it's not always as it appears. Don't blame the talent of the other players on the team. If we can get healthy we have a solid roster.

Top Bottom