• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

OK...just when I remember that Justin Anderson is on the Mavs and I start thinking..."hey, I like the Mavs"... I see Mark Cubans dumb ass on the sideline.

Still, good win Mavs.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Same here, and I agree, but holy shit. I think both sides are problematic. Obviously it'd happen less if he could make his shots, so I blame him more. But it's clearly exploitable, so I would like for it to be addressed.

I know, right? Teams with poor interior presence are exploitable so we should look into that as well.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
lol Houston

4wEYYsl.gif

4 "hacks" in the 4th quarter. He went 2 of 6 from the line on those (the first foul was prior to the bonus).

Technically it was 3 but I was wrong, so sue me :p

There was the dunk foul in the first quarter with another and three in the fourth that happened within 30 seconds that I missed...

Still he was only fouled four times the entire game not counting the put back.

Give me a break I was trying to play Fallout 4 while watching.

AcridMeat

Banned
I'm really going to miss Dirk when he retires. 11/14 31 points 11 boards damn.
https://streamable.com/d98i

Even the Memphis announcers sound dejected.

Steph Curry for 3...Good if it goes...and of course it does.
They wish they had any kind of shooting on their team. I can't blame them, their time is almost out for their squad and they just don't have what it takes in the west.
lol Houston

4wEYYsl.gif
Fuckball champions. Stealing the title from the FDKnicks.

Jarate

Banned
it's crazy that Philly could end up with the 1 and the 4 picks in the draft, and they'll probably tank again next year.
Sixer's will be bad next year, but not as bad as this year. The tank should be over 2 years from now

Of course, this won't stop Hinkie from trading Okafor for the entire 2022 1st and 2nd round

Technically it was 3 but I was wrong, so sue me :p

There was the dunk foul in the first quarter with another and three in the fourth that happened within 30 seconds that I missed...

Still he was only fouled four times the entire game not counting the put back.

Give me a break I was trying to play Fallout 4 while watching.

He was fouled 8 times, by my count. Those 4 hacks in the fourth, the and-1 opportunity in the 3rd, and 3 fouls in the first half.

He was hacked 4 times within 1 minute in the fourth.

@5:24 (not in bonus)
@5:24 (yes, same second) 0-2
@4:58 1-2
@4:30 1-2

Sixer's will be bad next year, but not as bad as this year. The tank should be over 2 years from now

Of course, this won't stop Hinkie from trading Okafor for the entire 2022 1st and 2nd round

I don't understand why the tank would be over then? The worst case scenario in 2 years if there is no LeBron/Durant/AD type player in the draft, and they can't figure out a way to get a player like that via trade or FA, is that they have a roster full of young, promising players with no guarantee they will be stars or no thought for how they can play together. In 2 years they might still be terrible, only it won't be by choice.

He was fouled 8 times, by my count. Those 4 hacks in the fourth, the and-1 opportunity in the 3rd, and 3 fouls in the first half.

He was hacked 4 times within 1 minute in the fourth.

@5:24 (not in bonus)
@5:24 (yes, same second) 0-2
@4:58 1-2
@4:30 1-2

Fair enough, I apologize being crass to anyone.

However I do want to point out that while Dirk was excellent, Wesley Matthews had a damn good game as well and is showing signs of progress compared to Parsons who sat tonight and you don't even know where his career is going to go.

Without his athleticism in his inside game Parsons is straight up garbage.

edit: Also Carlisle needs to give Justin Anderson some more playing time.

Jarate

Banned
I don't understand why the tank would be over then? The worst case scenario in 2 years if there is no LeBron/Durant/AD type player in the draft, and they can't figure out a way to get a player like that via trade or FA, is that they have a roster full of young, promising players with no guarantee they will be stars or no thought for how they can play together. In 2 years they might still be terrible, only it won't be by choice.

Okafor and Noel are both going to be very good bits, and Okafor looks to be an offensive presence that you can build around.

Also, they could still be bad 2 years from now, but I doubt they'll be looking to lose like they are now. Their biggest weakness right now is there lack of bench talent, which 4 1st round picks should help with next year, at the very least they can be good and young like other solid teams like the Jazz and Bucks

Hinkie has been a really good drafter so far though. Only bust was Embiid, but the other options were Dante Exum, Marcus Smart and other middling players. Embiid had way more upside then them.

jwhit28

It's so nice having a local team that's entertaining to watch. Seems like every Hornets game has been decided in the bench vs bench minutes. Lin and Lamb are more productive than Kemba and PJ. As they roll the team rolls.

Went to the magic game last night. It was my first ever live NBA game and I gotta say, Im happy that I went. It was HYPE lol when Vucevic hit that game winner the arena went wild!

Solid win by the Spurs last night. Was holding my breath when Kawhi went down hard on the floor like that. Dude is made of iron though.

Over the past eight games I'm feeling a lot better about the bench. Mills is rounding back into form, Butler is making up points for the loss of Beli/Joseph, and Manu is playing much better than I thought he would.

LMA had a pretty decent game. Still looks a little slow on the floor but he came up with big shots to stop the bleeding when Portland went on two of their big runs in the second half. Still looking for more consistency from the starting unit. Ginobli has all but replaced Green in the closing minutes of games so far. Guess Pop doesn't trust him after that opening game against OKC.

Top Bottom