• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

He looks good but his apparent lack of a shot worries me. On top of that his name isn't nearly as good as Dragan Bender.

Yeah. That what I was going to say. A lack of a shot especially at the SF position is a bit of a concern.

I'm just not sold on the Hinkie project thus far. It's year 3 right? I guess the one thing you can say is that the 76ers will consistently avoid basketball purgatory. While we're on that topic, I feel like the NBA should do something to better reward bad teams that consistently compete for the 8th spot but don't get in. Those teams are competing late in the year are actually playing and/or playing in compelling basketball games.

Oh my word. This team is a disaster.

After Sacramento was hammered at home by San Antonio Monday night, the Kings' star, DeMarcus Cousins, stormed into the locker room and cursed out head coach George Karl with a torrent of obscenities, a person close to the situation told The Big Lead.

After Cousins unleashed the F-bombs on Karl, all the head coach – who publicly feuded with the Kings best player last summer – could do was walk away, a source tells The Big Lead. Afterward, Cousins felt some remorse for his actions, asking a couple of teammates if he came down too hard on the coach. They calmly told him, “you can't scream and curse like that at your coach in front of everyone.”
The day after the San Antonio loss, the players had a well-publicized players-only meeting. What hasn't been reported is that after the players spoke, Sacramento general manager Vlade Divac and assistant GM Mike Bratz talked to the players and Divac asked the team, “We don't know what to do with George [Karl], do you think we should fire him?”

Let that block quote sink in a bit. Cousins, a known hot head, but a phenomenally talented player who has had to battle image perception problems about his attitude and personality, reportedly unloaded on the future Hall of Fame coach he's had a rocky relationship with, in front of the entire team ... and in result the GM asked what the players want them to do.

Of note in this report is that along with the reported quote from Divac was another direct quote on an exchange between the team and Ben McLemore. The authenticity of a report is strongly supported by individual, specific quotes about exchanges within a meeting. Even if they were exaggerated by the source, the presence of those details puts a lot of credibility behind it, especially when put into context of the Ham report the day before...

According to a person with knowledge of the situation, the level of frustration with (owner Vivek) Ranadive among some Kings minority owners is at an all-time high. Specifically, his track record of making significant decisions without truly consulting them is a source of significant irritation. The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the situation.

The Kings could fire their third coach in two years while their franchise player is exploding yet again, the team is in a tailspin and minority ownership is losing faith in their owner who is seen by many in the league as ranging from unpredictable to out of his element. The Kings managed to pull themselves back from the brink last spring and avoid trading their franchise star. With a revamped roster of quality additions and a former player GM rallying everyone's morale, this season was supposed to be different.

Amid all these explosive reports and an evolving sense of dysfunction within the locker room, the most shocking thing of all is how normal this seems for the Sacramento Kings.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...-cursed-out-george-karl-kings-imploding-again

Have a feeling the owner is going to get pushed out and this franchise wiped.

So if Karl is fired and Byron Scott is let go by the Lakers, do they make a run at Karl?

So if Karl is fired and Byron Scott is let go of the Lakers, do they make a run at Karl?

I think they absolutely should.
Then try to trade for DMC... jk

I was a bit upset after the Lakers loss yesterday, but after thinking about it, the team's finally starting to come together. I'm seeing actual plays and I like the fact that Russell is looking to score instead of pass. Kobe needs to go though; the young guys gelled better the last 2 games without him. He's stunting everyone's development.

Also, the fact that Lakers might keep next year's pick... I guess it wouldn't be TOO bad that they keep losing...

Yeah. That what I was going to say. A lack of a shot especially at the SF position is a bit of a concern.

I'm just not sold on the Hinkie project thus far. It's year 3 right? I guess the one thing you can say is that the 76ers will consistently avoid basketball purgatory. While we're on that topic, I feel like the NBA should do something to better reward bad teams that consistently compete for the 8th spot but don't get in. Those teams are competing late in the year are actually playing and/or playing in compelling basketball games.

You don't want to encourage the 6-8 seeds to fall out of the playoff hunt, though.

I say just take away ping pong balls from the prior year's ping pong winners. If your ping pong balls came up 1-3 last year, the best you can do this year is 4. You can use someone else's ping pong balls via a trade, but your own are gone. (Also means if your ping pong balls were traded away last year, and they came up, you still lose them this year.)

Do the Kings actually think they have a shot at keeping Cousins past his current contract? The organization has pretty much bungled his career up to this point. The only play for them would be to trade him while his value is still high.

Do the Kings actually think they have a shot at keeping Cousins past his current contract? The organization has pretty much bungled his career up to this point. The only play for them would be to trade him while his value is still high.

There's enough time for them to try firing everyone and building around him properly before they have the option to offer him a gigantic contract. But it's the Kings so they'll fuck it up.

LOL

For most of the first hour, polished business vice presidents and AEG officials and Time Warner television executives and marketers delivered corporate platitudes and clichés. Several times, Aldridge asked questions, pushing for the direction that he wanted to steer the presentation – only the Lakers never veered from the script. What Aldridge wanted out of these meetings was to engage in a high-minded basketball discussion – on his role, on winning and the franchise’s plans. Everyone else seemed to understand that, except the Lakers.

Did they let him touch the trophies?

8674011.jpg

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

Who knows. They will probably get on their knees soon and do whatever Cousins wants to try and keep him to stay if they dont trade him this year.

Malone was doing good with Cousins...then our owner showed the world he is an idiot and fired him. Idiot that kept our team here...sigh

That's the thing with Cousins. Yeah he kinda flies off the handle but he's historically responded to solid coaching. I feel like the real reason Malone was fired was the same reason Harbaugh was for the Niners. Ownership didn't like his cantankerous attitude. It would be amusing if eventually Boogie signs with the nuggets b/c of Malone.

Fjordson

Leandro Barbosa not with the Warriors tonight in Minnesota because of a "family matter". Damn, hope everything is alright. Heard anything Gully?

That's the thing with Cousins. Yeah he kinda flies off the handle but he's historically responded to solid coaching. I feel like the real reason Malone was fired was the same reason Harbaugh was for the Niners. Ownership didn't like his cantankerous attitude. It would be amusing if eventually Boogie signs with the nuggets b/c of Malone.

Vivek Ranadive or Swaggy V wanted a more uptempo offense.

What a sensationalist ass comment, what does he expect? Fans to cheer for him? He spurned the team so of course he's going to get booed. He can get off his self righteous high horse on this one making reaches.

Now if someone threatened him or threw something at him than by all means. But booing someone is hardly worth ripping into a fan base of a different sport and insinuating that they're supportive of domestic abuse.

Warriors GAF, surely Iguodala is pushing his way back into the starting 5 after his great opening to the season as a Sixth man? He definitely is right up there already in Sixth man of the year.

Warriors GAF, surely Iguodala is pushing his way back into the starting 5 after his great opening to the season as a Sixth man? He definitely is right up there already in Sixth man of the year.

Surely you don't try to fix what ain't broke. No point in overthinking.

Lol...Ezeli is better than Bogut.

boxter432

It's like Sam Mitchell doesn't know curry is in the court. That is the only explanation to having Steph take about ten completely uncontested shots.

Top Bottom