• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2015- 16 Regular Season IOTI - NBA GAF Is Pretty Dead Considering This Fact

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm gonna miss Barnes after this season. He's definitely getting big money elsewhere

If Barnes goes, I can see GS making a hard push for Durant.

No way the Rockets get him given their issues.

Other than OKC, Washington, and GS, are there any other likely places for Durant? Would San Antonio have any shot?

AcridMeat

Banned
San Antonio have Kawhi and Aldridge, they're not getting Durant.
I'm gonna miss Barnes after this season. He's definitely getting big money elsewhere
So am I. He balled his ass off at the start of the 4th, as well as the 2nd quarter. Turning down 16 mill/year extension man. :(
If Durant goes to GS...
This would lessen the blow of losing Barnes. With that said though, I bet you if he signed with GS, he'd be injured off and on and they'd rarely play as a full unit. It'd be like the Lakers Payton/Malone season.
I mean, that was beatable cheese, not "disconnect from online permanently because there's no point" cheese
Ha, fair. I could see reports coming from 2k about struggling to balance the game because the AI Warriors would sweep everyone.

edit:
Klay quietly had a good game. 25 points off 50% shooting and solid D on CP3
Klay was really good, looked like his old self.

but yeah, something more mindblowing than the fact that 21 teams are currently above .500: 4 teams have already combined for 42 losses, with a total winning percentage of 0.102

(and somehow the Lakers are pushing that up on account of not yet having played and lost their 12th game)

XiaNaphryz

tkVbopR.jpg

Hopefully in 2 months the Warriors will have cooled down enough when the Spurs finally play them. God damn.

Friend how was Dallas before he got there and since he joined. He deserves alot..

Still I don't care ain't giving him anything above half a percent LOL. Unless the team was literally bankrupt and he pulled money out of his own accounts to keep it going then he ain't getting equity.

He can get a lifetime supply of Mavs gear, tickets, and a statue.

Still I don't care ain't giving him anything above half a percent LOL. Unless the team was literally bankrupt and he pulled money out of his own accounts to keep it going then he ain't getting equity.

He can get a lifetime supply of Mavs gear, tickets, and a statue.
Didn't Magic get more than that with the Lakers?

Did he actually say that? I mean, after your team have a meltdown and give away a 3-1 lead to the Rockets, I don't think you can really claim that.
Yes, he did. To which one of the players responded, I think it was Curry, that you don't hear the Spurs saying this, or OKC. Only the Clippers.

Last thing the Spurs need is a pissed off GS for something Doc said. It'll be hard enough as it is, especially if Draymond still feels slighted because Kawhi got DPOY last season.

Did he actually say that? I mean, after your team have a meltdown and give away a 3-1 lead to the Rockets, I don't think you can really claim that.

Yeah Doc said that. I believe Klay Thompson responded by saying they wanted the Clippers but they couldn't get the job done against the Rockets and that they beat the Clippers 3-1.

calling 75 wins

The Warriors are clearly on a completely different level than anyone else in the league right now, but I think Kerr reins them in a bit rather than chasing a record (one that he already was a part of, appropriately enough). Winningest season means nothing if you run your players ragged and fall apart in the playoffs. They'll probably have some nights where they rest starters against teams they could easily beat, but since those teams aren't making the playoffs they treat beating the eventual champs like a feather in their cap and play out of their minds. No big deal, but that happens a few times a season and the odds of winning 72+ evaporates pretty quick. So, while I agree that they absolutely could hit 75 if they chased it, I see them losing a few and focusing on being completely healthy and 100% for the playoffs.

Fjordson

In the 48 minutes that Golden State's small ball lineup has played this year (Curry, Klay, Iguodala, Barnes and Draymond) they have an offensive rating of 153.7 and a defensive rating of 92.0. Hooolyyyy fuck!

Cheebo

Banned
Warriors do risk not being rested enough for play-offs if they chase the 72 win record. Steph has a history of injuries lets not forget.

XiaNaphryz

Warriors do risk not being rested enough for play-offs if they chase the 72 win record. Steph has a history of injuries lets not forget.

Most of the wins they have had so far he's sat out a whole bunch of minutes though.

Plus I believe Steph's ankle issues haven't been a problem ever since he started wearing that protective gear stuff.

I'd be surprised if the coaching staff don't give them rest when needed, given their whole push on tracking biometric data.

The Warriors can easily beat half of the teams in the NBA without Curry. Just rest Curry in games against the 6ers, Nets, Knicks, Kings, etc.

Outside of Curry and Green, no one is averaging more than 32 mpg. Curry and Green are playing 35 and 33 mpg respectively so that's not exactly a crazy amount either.

AcridMeat

Banned
Warriors need to watch everyone's min. After all this is not about the first 82 games, but the 15 wins needed post regular season.
35 year old Jamal Crawford played more minutes than anyone on the Warriors last night...Curry sat for 8 1/2 minutes with foul trouble in the first.

I wonder in the off-season how many teams are going to be looking at Luke Walton for HC? Kind of seems like he's going to get that Bruce Arians-type boost from stepping in for Kerr.

Most of the wins they have had so far he's sat out a whole bunch of minutes though.

Plus I believe Steph's ankle issues haven't been a problem ever since he started wearing that protective gear stuff.

I'd be surprised if the coaching staff don't give them rest when needed, given their whole push on tracking biometric data.

My thought on this is that his ankle issues stemmed from the previous ownership group rushing him back shortly after surgery to play. He's been fine ever since Lacob and Co. took over and shut him down for the rest of the season (the year prior to the Barnes,Ezeli, Green draft) after Monta was traded for Bogut.

I wonder in the off-season how many teams are going to be looking at Luke Walton for HC? Kind of seems like he's going to get that Bruce Arians-type boost from stepping in for Kerr.

Seems like Lakers fans are all in on him.

Warriors need to watch everyone's min. After all this is not about the first 82 games, but the 15 wins needed post regular season.

They already watch their minutes.

They give playing time to

Steph
Klay
Harrison
Draymond
Bogut
Ezeli
Livingston
Barbosa
Speights
Andre

Those are their regular rotation guys and they still find ways to give MacAdoo, Ian and Thompson minutes. Heck even Rush, who I think is bad, gets play time.

Calling it...my team loses it's first game tonight. Close loss.

He seems to be doing a fine job but he's also working with an all-time great lineup. I wonder how he'd do on another team.

Top Bottom