• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Fjordson

Seems like the Dubs have caught a lot of teams lately on the second night of back to backs. Playing well lately, but the schedule has been a little soft.

Only thing is, next two games is Warriors...twice....and the first one is a back to back...

NBA did the Lakers schedule no fucking favors. Jesus.

We (the Pelicans) played Golden state twice and the Spurs in our first 6 games. Something that is often overlooked when we started the season 0-8. That and the injuries, and now that Holiday is back its clearly made a difference as we are on a 4 game winning streak baby!

Fjordson

Missed the NBA record for assists by one. Damn.

Tough to gauge much from this game, but at least the ball movement continues to be great.

SO what happened actually? Obviously there was much going on to make the game go out of hand, any objective analysis.

Both teams are much more capable of beating each other, and playing to the wire.

Wow, this is classless now. Celebration!

Fuck the Warriors.
LMAO that hypocrisy. Randle's been trolling players left and right to the point where they want to fight. Take that L fam. 149 points. Regardless of the biggest ass beating the Lakers took tonight, the way they play is very encouraging. 22 assists and only 11 TOs when you get blown out by 40+ is crazy.

Pelicans doing well now is nice to see. Esp for Davis. I still think AD needs to adjust his game and mature though. He puts up Godlike numbers, but they never feel as impactful as when someone like Bron or Steph do it. When they put big numbers, their team wins 99% of the time. Several times I see AD get noticably lower numbers and a W while he gets insane numbers later on only to take an L. If he develops and find that nice middle ground, he will then become a superstar. It's the one glaring issue I have with him atm. His D still can also improve, but I think that aspect is more important for now.

Also, what the fuck is happening with K Love? Insane that he is doing so well offensively. Cavs Warrior games need to happen stat. He had 34 points in the first quarter? :S Lawd have mercy.

Randle's trolling is nowhere near the gamemanship as consistently blowing out teams. I'm sure OKC fans were far more pissed by getting blown out than a couple of gestures.

random25

All around hot offense for a lot of teams last night.

Kevin Love with 34 first quarter points...damn that's so good. And I've been critical of him even during the Wolves days.

LeBron with 31 points and a triple double of his own. And the dude's just coasting lol.

Curry and Durant, what more can you say? In time, with Durant perfectly fitting in the Warriors style of play, only a powerhouse team can stop them from regaining the championship. Durant without depending on iso plays is so scary come playoff time.

And love some Anthony Davis domination. Dude just really needs some help, and if he keeps healthy and keeps winning, he's just my prime candidate for MVP this season. Just an all-around beast on both ends of the court.

Y'all need to chill.

We knew the salty run back was coming after that 20 beat down at Staples, plus we had 2 starters sidelined and it was the backend of a B2B after a physical and emotional game. These aren't excuses, just factz.

Team is still infinitely fun to watch, regardless. Bring on Round 3. :)

I ain't even mad, breh.

But seriously, this Warriors team is reminding me of the way USC was usually perceived last decade. At least the Lakers beat them twice in a row and have historically kicked their ass
Being an ASU fan is the worst.

But it's pretty amazing how chill I was on the Warriors a few days ago, LOL. I guess I now understand the phrase "I only hate them when they play us"

I mean at this point is it crazy to think it is inevitable we see a cavs warriors finals round 3? I think their Christmas day game is going to break viewing records.

I would be surprised if it is anything other than this. I would love to see Cavs Warriors develop a meaningful rivalry. And I mean actually meaningful. I feel most rivals are weak because a couple teams descided to play each other twice or something. I mean, WTF?

random25

I mean at this point is it crazy to think it is inevitable we see a cavs warriors finals round 3? I think their Christmas day game is going to break viewing records.

It's almost impossible to predict any other finals matchup this season than Cavs-Warriors. There's no real contest in the East for the Cavs. The only variable is the Warriors since the Spurs are always there to play upset.

pislit

It's almost impossible to predict any other finals matchup this season than Cavs-Warriors. There's no real contest in the East for the Cavs. The only variable is the Warriors since the Spurs are always there to play upset.

This is the year of the Clippers!

LOL. WHO AM I KIDDING.

pislit

Unlike others I say give the clippers a chance. They have chemistry and have been with each other for years. They have a solid Coach and can score. We will see

Hmmmm, they do have that 2004 Pistons / 2011 Mavs aura in them. Reeks with hunger and desperation. Will Crawford become Terry? Will Griffin become 'Sheed? Will Doc Rivers hold out that favoritism toward his son?

Interesting.

random25

Unlike others I say give the clippers a chance. They have chemistry and have been with each other for years. They have a solid Coach and can score. We will see

They have been a really great team for a really long time. This could be their year, but an injury to either CP3 or Blake, and it's over for them. They really need to be healthy all throughout, including the playoffs.

phanphare

Banned
lol coach cliff had some nice/funny things to say about the spurs in the post game. when asked something like "what is it about them that makes them so good to be able to play like that on the road?"

"oh, I mean, purpose of play. what are they, 7th in defense maybe and 9th in offense? they're balanced. I mean, they just finished the game with a guy who's an MVP candidate, Gasol and Parker could probably be Hall of Famers, Aldridge is a perennial All Star, and Danny Green has been a starter on, what, 2 championship teams so...plus [Pop] is a phenomenal coach, probably the best coach of our time. except for that they're just OK."

lol, jokes

And love some Anthony Davis domination. Dude just really needs some help, and if he keeps healthy and keeps winning, he's just my prime candidate for MVP this season. Just an all-around beast on both ends of the court.

The thing is he has help. It was so frustrating to hear everyone say that for the first few weeks of the season. We started out 0-8 with a tough schedule, half of the roster being new, key injuries, bad shooting nights, and two overtime losses. Now our second best player is back (Holiday) and we are in a 4 game winning streak with AD, Jrue, Tim Frazier, Terrence Jones, Galloway, and Etawn Moore all killing it.

Then Tyreke is coming back in a couple of weeks and hopefully Buddy shakes off whatever Rookie curse he is going through, it's going to be a whole different team. But you are right, we need to stay healthy.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Dwight Howard the Leader

ESPN

Dwight Howard addressed the team before the game. It is not out of the ordinary for the center to speak. However, he had important words with his team mired in a three-game losing streak. “I just said we have to come out better than we have the last couple games,” Howard said.

Fjordson

As a Dubs fan I am worried about the Clippers. They seem legit.

But it's early, hard to say who could beat who right now. Especially when the Clippers, Cavs and Warriors haven't played each other yet.

But it's early, hard to say who could beat who right now. Especially when the Clippers, Cavs and Warriors haven't played each other yet.
Clippers play the Cavs in Cleveland in early December where they haven't won since Chris Paul has been with the Clippers. I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Warriors face the Hawks on the 28th, but the Hawks will be coming off from a back to back.

The first match-up since Spurs with a major playoff contender with inside precense will be the Clippers then.

I really want to see the top tier matchups, we haven't had many since opening night

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Yeah but had Goku went SS3 it would have been over. Vegeta gets no respekk on his name.
You got it twisted. I was talking about their very first match on Earth, you know, the one where Goku needed his best friend, his son, and a fat samurai to bail him out of an ass beating before ending up in a body cast? That one.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Who's the Vegeta of NBA?
Hard to tell. We can narrow it down though. To be Vegeta tier you have to:

1. Be banging the baddest chick in the NBA circles.
2. Married into a wealthy family.
3. Have more W's than L's over your greatest rival.
4. Do what you love to do and have no other responsibilities.
5. Look good in pink.

What's your guys thoughts on the Towns VS Davis debate? Would you trade Davis for Kat? I sure wouldn't but JVG would which while not offensive, still had me scratching my head.

You got it twisted. I was talking about their very first match on Earth, you know, the one where Goku needed his best friend, his son, and a fat samurai to bail him out of an ass beating before ending up in a body cast? That one.
You know what, you're right Goku got a lot of help. Goku still owns Vegeta's soul though breh, you have to admit it. This is from someone that likes Vegeta over Goku by some distance.
What's your guys thoughts on the Towns VS Davis debate? Would you trade Davis for Kat? I sure wouldn't but JVG would which while not offensive, still had me scratching my head.
Davis is a far superior player that they're a league or two apart. I think you have to be insane to take KAT over Davis even with injury issues. I do think Davis falls under the empty stats category of some of top stars in the league, but even with that he's vastly better. Also KAT's defense is mediocre as hell for a big. I have no idea how Thibs hasn't gotten this kid sorted in this regard.

Jarate

Banned
I would not trade KAT for anyone in the league if I were Minny.

I'd take Steph Curry, maybe Lebron, and maybe Kawhi Leonard.

I really like KAT, but his game doesn't feel like a #1's game, and if he's capable of it, then Thibs should be fired for sticking with Wiggins who is a worst prospect then Towns.

Top Bottom