• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Miracle

This...makes...sense. Man we are living in a world where Mike Conley is the highest paid player in the league. I was talking mad shit about Nick Young at the start of season. Actually felt that Luke was not giving Ingram enough minutes, and giving way too much time for Nick. Anything can happen, I guess, and I gotta eat crow.

As a Laker fan, I find it funny how we are in a hurry to dream about Paul George (I daydream about this shit everyday now btw). I can already see him easily fitting into Luke's system.

Exactly. Although Conley is playing very well at the moment too, but goddamn not well enough for what he's being paid. Hell...look at the Lakers very own...Loul Deng...$18 mill per for the next 4 years...well he's a good mentor at least... :(

At least now that dream is looking closer and closer to being possible unlike the Westbrook dream. LA born, huge Kobe fan, getting more and more pissed at the Pacers as the season goes on (and as they continue to disappoint, but season still early). Now we're becoming relevant again, faster than most people thought.

2016 indeed, has been that kinda fucked up year lol.

I can't help but wonder what the team would be like if we hired Messina.

Man Up 2.0

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Man... watching a line-up like this in two years would be crazy:

D'Angelo
Ingram
PG13
Nance
Randle

4b7b20dd1dc66ed7755ba8dec7ecbdc3.jpg

LOLakers better than the Celtics in the long run
Ainge you dummy , go home

Told you the Westbrooks would start to slip
It's a long ass 82 game season , gonna be much more close game L's

Tyron Lue gonna get coach of the year if cavs get 65 or more wins
if you have the leagues best player it's a shocker to get 65 wins. /s

As much as Curry hunts for highlight plays, I doubt he would excise that from his game and I don't think it's smart schematically either. I mean, great defenses will take away a lot of "cheap" open looks, especially in the playoffs, and then you're stuck having to rely on something you haven't done effectively all year.

That's interesting. I wouldn't say he's at the rim appreciably less, I just haven't seen him be dynamic with the ball in getting there, at least not nearly like he was last year. Back then, it was between him and Kyrie for the best handles in the league and now the plays that got him there have all but evaporated.

Since we're talking about stats, I was just listening to a podcast that's relevant:

-GSW have 160 possessions coming off screens, second in the league is Dallas with 89.
-138 on cuts, Jazz are second with 106.
-2nd lowest in the league at pick and roll. Curry has 64 possessions off pick and roll averaging 0.64 per possession. Last year was over a point.

EDIT: Curry is noot very efficient on isos either for what it's worth.

A lot of catch and shoot, not a lot of creativity with the ball and Curry specifically is not the same player off the dribble. Not nearly as much fun to watch(although who is? Last year's team made for perhaps the most entertaining regular season in a long time).
Funnily enough Steph has done drills for isos this summer. He also said he doesn't do them now because the team relies less on them this season. I'd imagine they're working hard on teach KD to get away from the shitty ISO ball that OKC plays.

I can't believe Lakeshow is doing this good. Luke is a GOAT, but I still think they come down to Earth. Curious how big of a fight they put in their next two games. I have a feeling tonight is not going to be pretty for them, but lets see what happens 3 days from now.

matthew dellavedova is getting a Australian movie about his life made.

If I could do the castings Matt Damon would play Delly and Denzel would be lebrong

I'm still waiting for this all to collapse and the Lakers become mediocre-bad tier. Like, my brain can't accept this shit is going on right now...

If we had an easy schedule and were shitting on trash tier teams for the first two months, yeah, I wouldn't think much of this. The thing is.. Lakers schedule is tough as nails and they've already beaten a bunch of team that are either fringe playoff teams or straight shoe-ins. How is this real life....

edit- and the losses have been mostly competitive coming down to the wire.

But this team has been soooooooooo fucking fun to watch.

Jarate

Banned
It really just depends on if the Lakers are going to continue to get extremely good production from Swaggy P and Lou Williams this, who are both known to be incredibly streaky players. All of your other young guys are developing about as well as you'd expect them too develop.

I still don't think the Lakers have a true superstar on their team though. Russel is way too inconsistent to be depended on as the go to guy. Ingram isnt where he needs to be offensively, and im afraid if he puts on weight he may be forced to play PF like a Thad Young type player.

Miracle

It really just depends on if the Lakers are going to continue to get extremely good production from Swaggy P and Lou Williams this, who are both known to be incredibly streaky players. All of your other young guys are developing about as well as you'd expect them too develop.

I still don't think the Lakers have a true superstar on their team though. Russel is way too inconsistent to be depended on as the go to guy. Ingram isnt where he needs to be offensively, and im afraid if he puts on weight he may be forced to play PF like a Thad Young type player.

Way too early to project players like that as such. Russell is 20 years old and Ingram just turned 19 a month or two ago. People were throwing Jabari Parker and Randle out of the bus for the past two years and now look at what's happening.

And not where he needs to be offensively? Did you watch the game last night? The kid has incredibly high BBIQ. He already has earned trust this early in his career to play some point guard every game.

PG13 for basically anyone on the Laker team except Randle, Russel, Ingram, Nance Jr, and Black. Oh, and Zubak.

Yeah, Swaggy and Clarkson can go if it means we get PG13.

Jarate

Banned
Way too early to project players like that as such. Russell is 20 years old and Ingram just turned 19 a month or two ago. People were throwing Jabari Parker and Randle out of the bus for the past two years and now look at what's happening.

And not where he needs to be offensively? Did you watch the game last night? The kid has incredibly high BBIQ. He already has earned trust this early in his career to play some point guard every game.

There is no way Brandon Ingram will play point guard in the NBA

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Kevin Love has 20 points with 7 minutes remaining in the 1st....

26 points now.

Your position is who you're guarding. Ingram is not guarding the point guard on the other team.

Yes, he's the primary ballhandler, that doesn't mean he's a PG
So all those years Magic Johnson guarded the opposing team's shooting guard made him a shooting guard and not a point guard?

By your logic, Trayvon Green is a center because he's often the tallest man on the floor for the Warriors and guarding the opposing team's center.

phanphare

Banned
gg spursgaf

gotta say, that was the best basketball game I've seen this season so far

something like 30+ lead changes and 15+ ties, no one had a double digit lead

Eos

gg spursgaf

gotta say, that was the best basketball game I've seen this season so far

something like 30+ lead changes and 15+ ties, no one had a double digit lead
Yeah great game
Died a bit on the inside when kemba got the 4 point play. Dude is a beast

Top Bottom