• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

pislit

1121-steve-francis-mug-shot-tmz-sports-4.jpg

THE OG WESTBROOK!

TTG

OKC's nowhere without Russy. They have a bunch of NBA players, players other teams would want, but they all depend on him to get them the ball in the right spot.

And two, I thought Colderon was suppose to be good at running an offense? Lakers starting unit is scattered. Second unit looks fun.

spyder_ur

These are really the lakers broadcast team? They're brutal. Feel like I rage Gorman for granted.

Fun game. I'm still way less than sold on Ingram, personally. Happy to see Randle finding his way, I've always liked his game.

mozfan12

Banned
Damn if we can keep .500 record after this run of games,I might just start believing playoffs are in reach. We've only had one real bad loss against the T Wolves. Fuck, Luke is making goddamn miracles here.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I'm still waiting for this all to collapse and the Lakers become mediocre-bad tier. Like, my brain can't accept this shit is going on right now...

If we had an easy schedule and were shitting on trash tier teams for the first two months, yeah, I wouldn't think much of this. The thing is.. Lakers schedule is tough as nails and they've already beaten a bunch of team that are either fringe playoff teams or straight shoe-ins. How is this real life....

edit- and the losses have been mostly competitive coming down to the wire.

Miracle

Only thing is, next two games is Warriors...twice....and the first one is a back to back...

NBA did the Lakers schedule no fucking favors. Jesus.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Only thing is, next two games is Warriors...twice....and the first one is a back to back...

It all evens out in the end. This just means the race to the finish line post-All star break will be that much easier for the Lakeshow. I'm ok with this.

If the Lakers manage to win even ONE of the next two games against GS (I doubt it) I will officially believe.

FStop7

Banned
Westbrook is unbelievable to watch in person. He makes the NBA look easy.

Young must have stayed up watching Kobe buzzer beater compilatons last night.

Miracle

bruh must of us were wondering if any team would take him for nothing, now this dude playing like this.

Luke tha gawd.

Now admittedly, Young is on a contract year (let's be real here, he's gonna decline his player option at this rate), and he's gonna get that JR Smith money. That's a pretty big motivation to play this well too.

Than again, who knows. Maybe I'm wrong again and he somehow declines his option because he's Swaggy fucking P.

mozfan12

Banned

I remember reading that the Lakers actually have one of the toughest schedules in the NBA, main reason is that they have to face the Warriors four times during the season.

mozfan12

Banned
Now admittedly, Young is on a contract year (let's be real here, he's gonna decline his player option at this rate), and he's gonna get that JR Smith money. That's a pretty big motivation to play this well too.

Than again, who knows. Maybe I'm wrong again and he somehow declines his option because he's Swaggy fucking P.

Come on, no one is giving Swaggy, JR Smith money. As inconsistent as JR Smith has been, Nick Young is basically the poor mans JR Smith. He will get paid if he has a good season, that's the way the NBA works now but I think he might stay in LA, specially if we can attract talent with a winning record. I mean, he also has to like Luke somewhat, dudes playing d for once.

Miracle

Come on, no one is giving Swaggy, JR Smith money. As inconsistent as JR Smith has been, Nick Young is basically the poor mans JR Smith. He will get paid if he has a good season, that's the way the NBA works now but I think he might stay in LA, specially if we can attract talent with a winning record. I mean, he also has to like Luke somewhat, dudes playing d for once.

With the way he is playing at the moment, yes he will. 76ers we're ready to offer him that kind of money a few years ago before deciding to resign with LA. Now he's even better than he ever was, and in a time with the salary cap continuing to climb and every mediocre role player getting $10+ mill at least per year (see Iman Shumpert, Asik, Courtney Lee, Tyler Johnson, etc). He's going to get that money (assuming he declines that player option). And Lakers aren't going to give it to him if and when it happens cause that's going to be needed the year after for Paul George, etc.

mozfan12

Banned
With the way he is playing at the moment, yes he will. 76ers we're ready to offer him that kind of money a few years ago before deciding to resign with LA. Now he's even better than he ever was, and in a time with the salary cap continuing to climb and every mediocre role player getting $10+ mill at least per year (see Iman Shumpert, Asik, Courtney Lee, Tyler Johnson, etc). He's going to get that money (assuming he declines that player option). And Lakers aren't going to give it to him if and when it happens cause that's going to be needed the year after for Paul George, etc.

This...makes...sense. Man we are living in a world where Mike Conley is the highest paid player in the league. I was talking mad shit about Nick Young at the start of season. Actually felt that Luke was not giving Ingram enough minutes, and giving way too much time for Nick. Anything can happen, I guess, and I gotta eat crow.

As a Laker fan, I find it funny how we are in a hurry to dream about Paul George (I daydream about this shit everyday now btw). I can already see him easily fitting into Luke's system.

Top Bottom