• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

I'd take Steph Curry, maybe Lebron, and maybe Kawhi Leonard.

I really like KAT, but his game doesn't feel like a #1's game, and if he's capable of it, then Thibs should be fired for sticking with Wiggins who is a worst prospect then Towns.

I'm taking age, contract and the team's (Minnesota) current state of rebuild into consideration. I wouldn't trade for any of those guys. If we are talking a one season deal, just who can you build a contender around today, then yeah probably LeBron, KD or even AD.

Jarate

Banned
I'm taking age, contract and the team's (Minnesota) current state of rebuild into consideration. I wouldn't trade for any of those guys. If we are talking a one season deal, just who can you build a contender around today, then yeah probably LeBron, KD or even AD.
I'd still take Steph and Kawhi long term tbh although the latter is up to debate

I know it's super early, but what are the Rookie of the Year race looking like? Nobody seems to be standing out. Simmons is injured. Brandon Ingram and Jaylen Brown are taking baby steps. Kris Dunn can't seem to crack Thibs' rotation (thought he was supposed to be the most NBA ready guy?). Dragan Bender seems like he might have used another season overseas.

Tom Penny

I know it's super early, but what are the Rookie of the Year race looking like? Nobody seems to be standing out. Simmons is injured. Brandon Ingram and Jaylen Brown are taking baby steps. Kris Dunn can't seem to crack Thibs' rotation (thought he was supposed to be the most NBA ready guy?). Dragan Bender seems like he might have used another season overseas.

Not sure if he's allowed but it's Embiid and it's not close.

spyder_ur

Embiid, obviously at this point.

Jarate

Banned
Right now it's probably

1. Embiid
2. Dario Saric
3. Brandon Ingram
4. Sabonis, Delaney or Brogdon
5. Everyone else

There's a good chance that Simmons comes in second though

Sabonis has impressed me with how quickly he's become a solid role player

Sam Dekker, on the Rockets, is ineligible (played 3 games last year), but he's been really impressive as a role player so far

Jarate

Banned
Do the sixers and celtics still have multiple first rounds this draft?
The Sixers are Owed a Lakers pick which is top 3 protected, which means they'll most likely get it. They also have the rights to a pick swap with the Kings.

The Celtics have a pick swap with the Nets

The Sixers are Owed a Lakers pick which is top 3 protected, which means they'll most likely get it. They also have the rights to a pick swap with the Kings.

The Celtics have a pick swap with the Nets

Is that from the Stauskas trade, when Philly basically traded two lotto picks to free up sway for Wes Matthews, who proceeded to sign with Dallas?

spyder_ur

Blake going off in the third quarter vs the Pistons. Tried to watch some 6ers - team is still awful to watch.

Looking forward to Lakers - Dubs. So many NBA games today.

Lead still only 40. Put Love back on the trade block.

Hopefully Mr. Love keeps it up.

The league better hope not. His difficutly finding his groove on the roster is the only reason CLE hasn't been objectively dominant in the East for the last 2 years. If he is like 85% Minnesota Kevin Love, there will be nobody that can stop CLE's march back to the Finals.

Injuries notwithstanding, of course.

phanphare

Banned
these hornets man, they need to quit playing down to the competition. giving up double digit leads against the pelicans and the knicks in the second half and letting memphis score 65+ in a half is unacceptable. 4 game losing streak when 3 should have been in the other column. need to get it together.

Fjordson

I was joking. Fuck Rose. It's insane how they have this great talent in KP and have surrounded him with Rose, Melo and Noah's corpse.
Yeah, KP had an open layup off a cut at the end of the game but Melo totally missed it and then took a contested fadeaway :lol sort of sums things up for NY.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hawks have a Baze problem. He got the contract and we need his points to follow. We can't start both Baze and old man Korver and get jack squat.

Penny Jr was bailing us out from the bench early in the season.

Dennis is actually having a solid game. Millsap is doing ok, but he gets double teamed cause nobody else can fucking score from the outside.

I'd fucking kill to have an outside shooter like Klay. He'd open up our whole offense.

Hawks have a Baze problem. He got the contract and we need his points to follow. We can't start both Baze and old man Korver and get jack squat.

Penny Jr was bailing us out from the bench early in the season.

Dennis is actually having a solid game. Millsap is doing ok, but he gets double teamed cause nobody else can fucking score from the outside.

I'd fucking kill to have an outside shooter like Klay. He'd open up our whole offense.

Thj seems to be in the dog house right now. I seriously would like to see Korver come off the bench because 1st team defenses are on him like crazy.

But honestly, this team has no consistent shooters outside Korver. They're not built for Howard's game right now. I'm hoping the chemistry picks up in the 2nd half

Top Bottom