• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Sandfox

The Lakers already have more than half the numbers they had all of last season. It took them until January 12th to get 9 wins then.

Fjordson

Hmm, Warriors play Atlanta tomorrow night in Oakland. Dubs seem to be catching a lot of teams on second nights of back to backs.

Mortemis

Banned
Lakers dominated on Chick Hearn's 100th Birthday.

Best bench in the league:

CyUspI4VIAAmBUt.jpg:large

This is amazing 😂 Bench of death

I'm very pleased with how the Rockets have started the season especially considering how many games they have played on the road already. Harden has done a surprisingly good job of distributing the ball and getting plenty of good assists

I'm very pleased with how the Rockets have started the season especially considering how many games they have played on the road already. Harden has done a surprisingly good job of distributing the ball and getting plenty of good assists

The one thing that bothers me is that it seems like he's two different players between the 1st 3 and the 4th quarter. Being really focused on passing and getting everyone involved actually doesn't bother me too much, even of there are times I'd rather he just score, but in 4th quarter he still has the tendency to focus on scoring

His defense, and everyone else's, is what really makes me optimistic. Maybe him being more pass focused allows for him to put more effort on offense, idk

Miracle

So Luke started:

Jose Calderon
Nick Young
Luol Deng
Thomas Robinson
Timofey Mosgov

And managed to get a very solid W against one of the best teams in the East.

2016 you are definitely a fucked up year.

So Luke started:

Jose Calderon
Nick Young
Luol Deng
Thomas Robinson
Timofey Mosgov

And managed to get a very solid W against one of the best teams in the East.

2016 you are definitely a fucked up year.

Naw, the Least is exactly who we thought they were. Year after year, it's:

1. Team that has LeBron.
2. Team(s) that will either lose getting to Lebron or lose in the ECF to LeBron.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
It's crazy how fast the Lakers turned it around. Also for all the Nick Young hate dude can ball.

Also Hawks are good, but they lack a Superstar in a league all about Superstars. Millsap is a great player, but it feels like he needs to be your 2nd best player. You put a superstar on this team and they might be the best team in the NBA. Without one they are 3-6 seed doomed to exit in round 2.

Fjordson

Hmm, Klay's defensive numbers and metrics are looking pretty bad right now. Wonder if it's partially covering for other guys playing bad defense like Zaza or Steph or if he's just had a rough start to the year.

I have noticed what seems like a lot of silly fouls from him. Fouls late in the shot clock, on jump shots, etc.

Hmm, Klay's defensive numbers and metrics are looking pretty bad right now. Wonder if it's partially covering for other guys playing bad defense like Zaza or Steph or if he's just had a rough start to the year.

I have noticed what seems like a lot of silly fouls from him. Fouls late in the shot clock, on jump shots, etc.
Steph, Klay and Iguadala have been lazy AF this season, turning it on when they feel like it. Klay is the worst of the three. They're not playing 41 minutes vs the worst team in the east type of coasting like Lebron ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), but not particularly running back on plays like they used to.

it's early AF but Lakers being in the playoff picture is still mind boggling. I knew the team would look better but not like this. I thought the best case scenario was 30 wins but they are far exceeding that pace. Coach of the Year is Luke's to lose.

This week's rankings. Have at it NBA GAF

East seems as expected asides from seeds 7-10 all having a shot of being in or out of the playoffs.

Pacers I would have to see how they play after Paul George comebacks, who knows if the last couple wins might have just been the Ewing effect or not.

Knicks honestly are confusing me

For west, top 5, asides from the exact order, seems secure, although maybe(?) Jazz can push in there of Hill doesn't have to miss games again?

I could see Sacramento, NOLA, Portland, LA, and maybe even OKC having to push hard in the later portion of the season to make the playoffs. West seems more variable if anything

Mavs can keep trying to develop their players (solid cast of role players to get trade value from) and win some games, as withWizards, t honestly they should tank for a year. 1 year would probably be enough to get back into contention

it's early AF but Lakers being in the playoff picture is still mind boggling. I knew the team would look better but not like this. I thought the best case scenario was 30 wins but they are far exceeding that pace. Coach of the Year is Luke's to lose.

I get mad eveytime they lose, which is saying something. I was happy with just losing within 10 last year.

Jarate

Banned
Watch the 76ers get a kawhi level pick from the Lakers this year XD
It's really just bad luck that this pick didn't convey the past 2 years. Both year had around a 50% chance of conveying.

I'm still waiting patiently for the collapse, as I still don't think what the Lakers are doing is sustainable, but even then, it's a deep draft so getting a 15th overall pick is still pretty nice.

Even then , we traded MCW for it who recently got traded for Tony Snell. So it's a win in my books.

We are gonna have a good chance to get Fultz, and a core of Fultz, Simmons, and Embiid with Saric, Okafor or Noel, Stauskas, and whatever other players they get (Watch out for Furman Korkmaz, dude was a steal for us) will be super dangerous. Hell, Simmons + Embiid is going to be ridiculous. (Remember when we were saying how great Embiid was in practice and everyone poo poo'd us? Well Simmons looked amazing as well pre-injury)

Also, it's surprising that we are even in games with our schedule being ridiculously hard without Simmons and Noel.

FZZ

Banned
My prediction is that LeBron is going to exploit KD & Steph in his game against the Dubs but Klay Kush Koma Thompson will not be phased

I know Russell Westbrook is a lightning rod for criticism at times. I know he takes too many shots and plays out of control at times. I know he makes dumb plays down the stretch of games sometimes.

But, uh....the dude's 13th in the league in rebounding right now. He's outrebounding not only every guard in the NBA, but every small forward and all but two power forwards.

yo....Kent Bazemore makes more over 4 years than what Draymond Green and Klay Thompson make over 4

This season Kent Bazemore makes over 4m more than Steph Curry.

TTG

I like Dwight on the Hawks. They've still got no shot at the Cavs, but that shouldn't be the only scale to judge them. Good jab good effort Hawks, if McCaw had played more than 3 minutes you guys could have had it. Oh yea, I really like Draymond. I thought he needed to scale back his scoring aspirations last year and Durant is the perfect way to do it without hurting feelings.

Top Bottom