• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Fjordson

Cavs, Clippers and Spurs all lost tonight?

9610%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20hunter_hearst_helmsley%20nodding%20suit%20wwe.gif

Am I the only one who, after realizing the Warriors are getting a new arena, just thought to myself........how much more strain is California putting on their water system?

2016 is fucking weird, me and (many) others were wanting Nick Young gone in the offseason and now come Winter Im on the edge of my seat hoping he's not badly injured.

Seems like doc got annoyed at a foul, walked up to half court (didn't cross), made a "cmon ref" sort of statement, other ref from across the court Ts him, he goes apeshit, double T
Thank you for the info. He really flipped and wanted to strangle hold the ref.

E: heard Doc's post game. Ref that wasn't involve tech him in which got him riled up.

Chase17

Hinkie is the goat

“Why do we watch basketball games front to back?” Hinkie asks. “Why not watch games back to front, or out of order?”
He pauses. “There’s not the sense of shame for failure here that there is some other places.”
“The single metric I wish we had,” he told them, “is the sum total of the scores of every game you’ve ever played. One-on-one, two-on-two, your little sister, your kids, five-on-five, scrimmages, preseason, playoff games.” He paused. “I don’t know what that would say, but I suspect it would be awesome. I suspect it would say that Kobe Bryant is Genghis Khan.”
http://deadspin.com/sam-hinkie-lets-it-all-out-in-new-sports-illustrated-pr-1789514453

Also says he respects Danny Ainge. Hinkie further redeemed.

Fjordson

Doc said a few times in the postgame "we all know what that tech was" but never elaborated.

Just my theory but I think he thought Ken Mauer was overzealous on the tech because of Lauren Holtkamp's history with the Clips. That when Mauer saw Doc arguing with her, even though it was fairly tame, he was quick to call the tech on Doc, trying to protect her or whatever, even though Mauer wasn't involved.

Slizeezyc

Joel Embiid will be taking the NBA over 4 more minutes at a time.

His minutes restriction has been boosted from 24 to 28 minutes (still no back to backs).

The fact that they will presumably have to hand out monster extensions to both Curry and KD in such close proximity makes things kinda interesting in Golden State. I don't think it's that's outlandish to see a scenario where only one of those two guys is still on the team in 2 years.

Fjordson

It's hard to predict what will happen until the new CBA is in place. Under the current system they won't have much trouble keeping both, but have to see what changes with the new deal.

I'd expect both of them to be back. A few years from now will be more interesting with Klay and Draymond.

Is there another sizeable salary cap bump due in the next few years?
No, though it should actually help the Warriors.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/new...iors-stephen-curry/19j429iw86smo150t35cldnaba

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The celts perimeter defense is ridiculously lazy. They just provide 0 sense of pressure. I don't understand where that came from considering last year they were all over it.

The fact that they will presumably have to hand out monster extensions to both Curry and KD in such close proximity makes things kinda interesting in Golden State. I don't think it's that's outlandish to see a scenario where only one of those two guys is still on the team in 2 years.

CURRY/KD TO THE LAKERS CONFIRMED?!?!?!?!

Top Bottom