• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Klay is just going supernova. How are you supposed to defend this team in a seven game series lol

That's not the worry.

The Warriors are going to need to defend consistently or it's not going to matter how great they are at scoring.

Surprisingly Javale may be an important component during a playoff run. Dude needs to stay healthy.

Messi

I love seeing people get annoyed by Harden.

200w.gif

Just give me Klay and I will give you Butler and his beautiful advanced stats.
I think Butler is actually the best SG in the league, but Klay just fits the Warriors better. Klay's D has fallen off a cliff this season. Klay doesn't need much of the ball, almost at all to be effective which allows two players like Steph and Dray to control games and have 4 successful all stars playing with one another. If they had a top 15 C in their team, it would probably be the GOAT team. :\ So the league has something to be thankful for this season.. until another 5 takes another big coupon like Zaza and joins them next summer. :S

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So Kent Bazemore started and scored 0 points last night.

Is it safe to say he's the biggest offseason signing bust in the NBA?

Definitely. And the problem is, it's a confidence thing. You can't bench him because of his contract and what it'll do to his confidence. Really, it should've been Baze that should've been bench but I feel like coach didn't want to do that because of those reasons listed.

He's trying to do too much and is being too hard on himself. Needs to play within himself.

Edit: and to be honest. He's not even what I would consider a starting SG in this league. But hey, the Hawks didn't want to let the Demarre Carrol situation happen again.

I think Butler is actually the best SG in the league, but Klay just fits the Warriors better. Klay's D has fallen off a cliff this season. Klay doesn't need much of the ball, almost at all to be effective which allows two players like Steph and Dray to control games and have 4 successful all stars playing with one another. If they had a top 15 C in their team, it would probably be the GOAT team. :\ So the league has something to be thankful for this season.. until another 5 takes another big coupon like Zaza and joins them next summer. :S

Yeah, that's the thing. He's very comfortable in the team. Maybe he got too comfortable knowing he will always be second fiddle next to Durant/Curry. Would love to see him lead a team.

Rockets matched on D-Mo, which is definitely a good thing

Our depth chart currently is:

Harden/(Gordon or Beverley)
Beverley/(Gordon or Brewer)/KJ McDaniels
Ariza/(Dekker or Brewer)
Anderson/(Dekker or D-Mo)/Montrezl Harrell (lol he's not getting minutes at the 4)

Capela/(Nene or Harrell or D-Mo)

Between Nene and Anderson, we need front court depth, and Gordon or Beverley getting injured would probably move Brewer up and lead to Dekker mostly being at the 3 position, putting D-Mo as the main backup 4

In any case, there's a lot of injury risk here, but we have enough depth that we should have insurance to any 1 injury, and function well with two. Past that it starts to get scary

Fjordson

I think Evan Turner's $70 million deserves some recognition. Second to last in the entire NBA in RPM. Obviously he's not actually the second worst player in the league, but he's been pretty bad.

Fjordson

Rockets matched on D-Mo, which is definitely a good thing

Our depth chart currently is:

Harden/(Gordon or Beverley)
Beverley/(Gordon or Brewer)/KJ McDaniels
Ariza/(Dekker or Brewer)
Anderson/(Dekker or D-Mo)/Montrezl Harrell (lol he's not getting minutes at the 4)

Capela/(Nene or Harrell or D-Mo)

Between Nene and Anderson, we need front court depth, and Gordon or Beverley getting injured would probably move Brewer up and lead to Dekker mostly being at the 3 position, putting D-Mo as the main backup 4

In any case, there's a lot of injury risk here, but we have enough depth that we should have insurance to any 1 injury, and function well with two. Past that it starts to get scary
Looks like D-Mo and BJ Armstrong are protesting? Not sure why they think this is the best play.

Motiejunas' agent, B.J. Armstrong: "We have our rights. We're not going to show up. We'll see what happens. We'll see what the Rockets do."

Was a no show for his physical this morning.

I think Evan Turner's $70 million deserves some recognition. Second to last in the entire NBA in RPM. Obviously he's not actually the second worst player in the league, but he's been pretty bad.

He's been playing pretty good for the last 2 weeks though. Even last night he only took 6 shots but made 5 of them all in the 3rd quarter to keep us in the game which is exactly what Portland needed to win. He's had a few opportunities to contribute lately and has delivered. If he regresses from here then yeah, he's a bust, but it's too early to tell.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
D-Mo's agent is an idiot.

edit: Larry Coon's take on the situation:
http://cbafaq.com/blog/?p=381

So the Rockets have two options at this point. First, they can just sit tight. Their first refusal exercise notice remains in effect until Motiejunas decides to report. He can’t sign or play anywhere else, including Brooklyn, in the meantime.

Second, the Rockets could withdraw its first refusal exercise notice, putting Motiejunas right back where he started — except Brooklyn is no longer an option. And if he doesn’t sign with the Rockets directly, or sign an offer sheet with another team in the meantime, then the Rockets can issue another qualifying offer to make him a restricted free agent in 2017.

And it could get worse for him. The CBA also says a player shall not receive credit for a year of service for any year in which he “…withholds playing services called for by a Player Contract or this Agreement for more than thirty (30) days after the Season begins.” It’s important to note here that the rules for restricted free agency say that when a team issues a first refusal exercise notice, the player and team “…shall be deemed to have entered into a Player Contract.” Motiejunas is, for all intents and purposes, under contract with the Rockets now, and the Rockets have all the rules related to player discipline for failure to report at their disposal (along with the right to kick him to the curb by withdrawing their first refusal exercise notice).

This all seems pretty clear to me, so I’m still not sure what “rights” Armstrong is referring to. Maybe his end game is to get the Rockets to withdraw its first refusal exercise notice, and then Armstrong and the Rockets negotiate a separate contract that is more favorable to Motiejunas. But why should the Rockets let a player leverage them into signing a different contract that’s less favorable to the team, when the team holds all the cards here?

Armstrong isn’t exercising a right. He’s trying to strong-arm a team.

Looks like D-Mo and BJ Armstrong are protesting? Not sure why they think this is the best play.

Was a no show for his physical this morning.

Welp, glad about that depth and Dekker's development then

I'm just gonna have to hope Anderson stays healthy, given that Dekker's ability to play either the 3 or 4 has been useful and means less Brewer

Top Bottom