• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Props to the Memphis Grizzlies man, this team is always in the playoff picture in the West and usually people count them out saying Memphis is probably falling off this year for the past few years or they are older. Key injuries to their star players and still they find ways to win games.

Really glad the Sixers hung in there as much as they did tonight with only 9 guys available. They've been a real joy to watch this year even if it hasn't converted into many wins.

Fjordson

Another chance to see if the Dubs are for real tonight. They faceplanted against Houston, hoping for a better result tonight.

Another chance to see if the Dubs are for real tonight. They faceplanted against Houston, hoping for a better result tonight.
I don't think Warriors are taking anyone not named Clips, Spurs or Cavs seriously this year. If they actually met in the playoffs, expect a sweep.

This after the Clippers vs Cavs is the next big match up. Maybe we can finally get a tight, big game.

He's been playing pretty good for the last 2 weeks though. Even last night he only took 6 shots but made 5 of them all in the 3rd quarter to keep us in the game which is exactly what Portland needed to win. He's had a few opportunities to contribute lately and has delivered. If he regresses from here then yeah, he's a bust, but it's too early to tell.

10 points is worth 70 million ?

Why can't I be tall af

10 points is worth 70 million ?

Why can't I be tall af

Lol. It was more about the timing. 10-11 straight points off 5/6 shooting can easily win you a game off the bench.

I still think it's too early to tell but I hesitate to call him a bust when he was the difference maker in what was probably our best win this year. We got blown out by the bulls once already.

Fjordson

I don't understand how the Montiejunas situation got to this point. What the hell is going on...
I honestly don't either.

Not a Rockets fan so I haven't been following it too closely, but I don't get why there's such bad blood between Montiejunas and Houston. D-Mo has a lot to lose by protesting like this so it must be something big in his eyes.

TTG

I think they tried to trade him, like the deal was already done, but he couldn't pass the physical for the new team and that team appealed to the league to rescind the trade based on the Rockets not disclosing his injury.

Fjordson

I think they tried to trade him, like the deal was already done, but he couldn't pass the physical for the new team and that team appealed to the league to rescind the trade based on the Rockets not disclosing his injury.
But why not follow the restricted free agent rules now? Might as well get under contract so you've at least got some guaranteed money.

What he's doing right now doesn't really have much upside for him. Hell, he won't even be able to play in Europe until this is resolved since he's still technically under contract with Houston.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I wish Kelly could shoot with just a touch more consistency. His ball movement has been top notch this year.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Is there a reason jae crowder appears stuck in the mud this year? He looks a step or 2 slow right now. I know he had the ankle injury but damn he just looks tired.

Tom Penny

Is there a reason jae crowder appears stuck in the mud this year? He looks a step or 2 slow right now. I know he had the ankle injury but damn he just looks tired.

Lazy and he's the first one to talk about how they need to toughen up when his perimeter D has been IT level this year.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Lazy and he's the first one to talk about how they need to toughen up when his perimeter D has been IT level this year.

That's where it shows the most. He's leaving guys with so much space. It's like 2k on easy. You can just dribble around the perimeter against him and he falls far behind. Not sure what the deal is, he usually is a grind it out type of player.

Edit- not quite the same because the speed is there but I've seen ab doing that a lot as well. The only player I see digging in on the perimeter this year really is smart.

Definitely. And the problem is, it's a confidence thing. You can't bench him because of his contract and what it'll do to his confidence. Really, it should've been Baze that should've been bench but I feel like coach didn't want to do that because of those reasons listed.

He's trying to do too much and is being too hard on himself. Needs to play within himself.

Edit: and to be honest. He's not even what I would consider a starting SG in this league. But hey, the Hawks didn't want to let the Demarre Carrol situation happen again.

Lol..those Warriors bench players that move on.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
TidyRichBillygoat.gif

phanphare

Banned
man, that hornets pistons game was great. great defense played on both sides of the court.

and kemba. god damn kemba. put that game away in the 4th.

Hopefully the rockets can get to 50 wins this season and win a playoff round or two,i want this team to be good again. Start of the season is pretty darn promising. On pace for 55 wins right now

Top Bottom