• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
not sure i agree with that.

unless they were going to use him to get Wall, which i would be cool with.

Wall scares me. Obviously it's known he can't shoot, but he has had turnover issues, and his balky knee will likely sap that athleticism, and if he doesn't get more consistent ways of scoring, hell struggle.

Edit- I think isaiah is a big part of the defensive problem. It's not just his size, for some reason his effort just hasn't been there this year on rotations or running people off their shot. He also is a lot of the problem with guards sneaking in for put backs.

Overrated because he's exciting to watch and can score at will at times. Although he's been hot and cold this year and he runs his mouth too much.

Fjordson

Would Boston really want Wall with that max contract? I mean he's good, but idk...
Wall's not even making 20 million per the next two years. He's easily worth that.

Problem is it's just two years. His next deal will be his first in the new cap environment so he'll be looking for something massive.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Jaylen brown has definitely improved his repertoire in terms of moves, but he still needs to tighten his handle. If he improves that hell be a lethal scorer. Same with his shooting.

Edit-
Max Barnes > Wall

Lmao no, and I'll admit I'm biased against barnes, he just reminds me so much of Jeff green, but no not close.

TTG

Not watching, but the box score is fun. Russ has 5 defensive rebounds already and we're not even through the first quarter.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Wall is insanely good and he would be perfect on this team, his defense would help to make this team a contender.

Insanely good is a stretch. If he was insanely good the Wiz wouldn't suck like they have.

Don't get me wrong he IS an upgrade for Boston, but I think he's overrated in terms of overall great players in the league.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Crazy how much the rebounding has regressed without shitty sullinger. Pretty much done with horford already lol.

neptunes

Raps brehs, we've come a long way
lBy0Tmk.png

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Westbrook just 2
turnovers
from a quadruple double!

Come Russ, you can do it!

he already had a quad on Sunday

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Big comeback win by the Hawks.

Felt like if we lost this game then the 1 win would be a blip on the radar amidst the huge losing streak.

Also I see no reason not to just start Penny Jr all season.

I've got a soft spot for Pringles, he got absolutely shafted with his last 2 teams but he has done a nice job on the Rockets and he's a damn fine coach.

Westbrook is clearly a beast, but can you imagine how good he would be if he could resist the occasional urge to fuckball real hard on some possessions?

Big comeback win by the Hawks.

Felt like if we lost this game then the 1 win would be a blip on the radar amidst the huge losing streak.

Also I see no reason not to just start Penny Jr all season.

We're back?!?!?

I don't see a reason for Penny to not start either but yeah that contract. Bud is going to have to grow some big balls to make that move.

I'm only about 2 hours in but the "WTF am I supposed to do moments" are really starting to bother me with this game. Already I've stumbled across a few solutions to passing some areas that I can see will frustrate some players.

Things are just so hardly explained outside of the initial controls in the beginning.

I'm only about 2 hours in but the "WTF am I supposed to do moments" are really starting to bother me with this game. Already I've stumbled across a few solutions to passing some areas that I can see will frustrate some players.

Things are just so hardly explained outside of the initial controls in the beginning.

Yea. Basketball is really hard. You'll get the hang of it.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Behold your candidates for MVP! A combined 14 for 48 and 16 turn overs.

Sadly that is what the media wants to reward - ball-hogging, flopping, me-first play. What is the headline? WESTBROOK GETS 7TH TRIPLE DOUBLE. Yawn. Arbitrary, usage-rate driven stat. Dude shot 30% and his teammates shot 46%. Can we make an argument that he lost the game for them? (not saying he did...just saying that argument could be made...)

Meanwhile, Durant and Curry are having a blast just ripping through the league while learning how the entire thing is going to work, having fun, deferring to each other (and Klay), relishing and celebrating what their teammates are doing while employing true artistry in their endeavor (give me the Warriors passing any day over the low percentage iso/p&r drives).

MVP should go to one of them or LeBron at this rate.

Top Bottom