• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
God damn smart is playing nice tonight. Hes being aggressive and moving the ball well. The defense is also suffocating right now, haven't seen that at all this year.

Edit- holy fuck he landed right on his lower back there the way he was arched, really scary stuff.

spyder_ur

God damn smart is playing nice tonight. Hes being aggressive and moving the ball well. The defense is also suffocating right now, haven't seen that at all this year.

Edit- holy fuck he landed right on his lower back there the way he was arched, really scary stuff.

Real scary for Oladipo. Got totally turned around with no way to brace. I worry about his wrist too.

Smart always kills it playing in OKC.

Timberwolves look so fucking lost out there. Their interior defense is just trash. Lavine legit looks like their best player out there too.

Sixers with the beat down of Detroit #trusttheprocess

TJ McConnell played out of his mind tonight. Really like seeing these guys excel.

Detroit may have been extra bad tonight because of those hideous sleeved jerseys.

Jarate

Banned
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 ProCEss me the fUCk UP👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌proceSS right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about TRUst the pROCess Me rigHt NoW (chorus: process ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌

Here's how I think of it:

The process involved Embiid not playing. The 76ers play that well when Embiid isn't playing. So to truly trust the process, the 76ers have to not play the Process, and thus they can truly let the process carry them to a championship.

TTG

I don't know how much good Thibs is doing by constantly directing out there, he never shuts up. Which way to go on a pick and roll and when to penetrate on offense, how to play one on one defense, you gotta let the players recognize what's going on and make some of these decisions on their own, otherwise what are they doing? The game is too fast to be listening to your coach for what to do next.

Jarate

Banned
Thibs is an idiot who shouldve never gotten hired after running Derrick Roses career into the ground.

Rubio is also not a good PG for that team, along with Dunn

Jarate

Banned
The NBA is in a much higher level talent wise then it was in the Eastern Conference with the Bulls and Heat being the legitimately only good teams in the east, while getting carried by Rose.

You cannot play these 20-22 year olds 37 minutes a game and expect them to not be tired at the end of games. HERP DERP OUR SECOND HALFS ARE ALWAYS SHIT, no shit sherlock, you play your starters way to fucking long.

The Wolves made the worst hire possible with that team. KAT, Wiggins and lavine are all playing way too much, and it's going to be sad seeing them be washed out at 27

Fjordson

The NBA is in a much higher level talent wise then it was in the Eastern Conference with the Bulls and Heat being the legitimately only good teams in the east, while getting carried by Rose.

You cannot play these 20-22 year olds 37 minutes a game and expect them to not be tired at the end of games. HERP DERP OUR SECOND HALFS ARE ALWAYS SHIT, no shit sherlock, you play your starters way to fucking long.

The Wolves made the worst hire possible with that team. KAT, Wiggins and lavine are all playing way too much, and it's going to be sad seeing them be washed out at 27
Yeah, I haven't seen the Wolves much this year, but feels like they should have more than 6 wins with their talent.

Watching the Wolves tonight, and none of LaVine, Rubio, or Wiggins being great shooters (all 3 want to drive more) seems to really hurt them. Multiple possessions where having one person to kick it out to for the 3 would have helped.

Tom Penny

3rd game in a row where horford threw the fucking game away down the stretch.

AB lost the game. I cringe every time he tries to pass a basketball..just call it a turnover like most of Smart's 3's. He changed momentum like 4 different times on simple ass bounce passes that he has no clue how to make.

Jarate

Banned
It's also horrible analytics. The more you play the less efficiently a player plays. Lebron is able to play a billion minutes every game because he's good enough to coast and dominate. None of the Wolves players are anywhere near that place.

Dieng should not be playing 36 minutes in a NBA basketball game. He is not good enough to warrant that playing time.

Also, Wiggins is slowly developing into one of the least efficient players in the league. KAT is turning into a defensive sieve by the numbers as well.

TTG

I have a hard time blaming injuries on coaches. Wiggins/Levine combine for 36.85 minutes, Lowry/Derozan for 36.65, that's a 12 second difference. If the former go down next game everyone will want Thibsy prosecuted, like in court, if the same happens to the Raptors people will shrug their shoulders and move on.

Maybe his rotations are bad and they're gassed in the 4th, I don't watch them enough to know, but you're not gonna tell me Rose's knee exploded because of his coach.

Jarate

Banned
I have a hard time blaming injuries on coaches. Wiggins/Levine combine for 36.85 minutes, Lowry/Derozan for 36.65. If the former go down next game everyone will want Thibsy prosecuted, like in court, if the same happens to the Raptors people will shrug their shoulders and move on.

Maybe his rotations are bad and they're gassed in the 4th, I don't watch them enough to know, but you're not gonna tell me Rose's knee exploded because of his coach.

Lowry Derozan are two of the best guards and 2 of the best players in their respective positions. Wiggins is not an elite SF, and Lavine is not an elite SG.

Those players are able to coast in games because they are a lot better players and are veterans.

Also, I will blame Derrick Roses Knees on Thibs. He blew out his knee playing late in the 4th quarter of a game they had literally been up by over 20 against the 8th seed sixers. Noah's career went through a cliff at the age of 28. The NBA is way too long with 82 games, with argualy the worst designed schedules on earth. You cannot do that shit to players anymore that aren't elite players. Wiggins may get there, but he's not there yet.

Jarate

Banned
Wha? Right now, maybe, but never?

He is not one right now, and is also really inefficient this year.

Dude can shoot the ball it, but that's it, really bad assist number despite high useage, doesnt rebound very well, and has been mediocre at the very best on defense.

KAT is the player to build around imo.

TTG

Lowry Derozan are two of the best guards and 2 of the best players in their respective positions. Wiggins is not an elite SF, and Lavine is not an elite SG.

Those players are able to coast in games because they are a lot better players and are veterans.

Also, I will blame Derrick Roses Knees on Thibs. He blew out his knee playing late in the 4th quarter of a game they had literally been up by over 20 against the 8th seed sixers. Noah's career went through a cliff at the age of 28. The NBA is way too long with 82 games, with argualy the worst designed schedules on earth. You cannot do that shit to players anymore that aren't elite players. Wiggins may get there, but he's not there yet.

Coasting isn't age or ability dependent and both players are in their third year. Not to mention it's convenient to write those 2 and others off as coasting while Thibs is apparently jumping on Wiggins' back and driving him around the court with a bridle and whip. I don't think Toronto could afford much coasting and stay 16-7, besides DeRozan played 38 minutes a game at the tender age of 23.

As far as their status and Dieng who you mentioned earlier, these decisions aren't made in a vacuum, someone has to sub in for these guys. Finally, who cares when he blew out his knee, it was a non contact injury. Would it soothe you if he had done it after the opening tip?

Jarate

Banned
You shouldn't expose players to unecessary risk. Why was he in the game then? It doesnt make any sense, why even risk it? Thibs does this consistently. Why even put the tread on the tires?

Lowry also never averaged those minutes at any point in his career http://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3012/kyle-lowry

He is also into his prime, and is at his physical peak (Lowry peaked a little later in life actually) as opposed to a 21 year old guy who isn't close to hitting his peak. You aren't going to get better production out of Kyle Lowry in the future, there's not a lot of risk involved in over playing a veteran because they decline naturally due to age.

And yes, when you are an elite player in the league you are able to coast. Lebron does it, KD has done it, every star player does it because the regular season doesn't mean shit for elite talent. Pop has proved this with his success. One of his big advantages is that his players are properly rested for the postseason.

TTG

You're resenting Thibs over the Bulls' relative failure, but this isn't the argument to pin blame on him. Regarding your ideas of who should play 36.5 minutes instead of 36.0 and who can coast and who can't, I'm not gonna repeat myself. Are you looking at the link you posted? When Lowry wasn't hurt and/or on the bench he was playing plenty.

Take it easy on Thibs, he's failing enough as it is without you trying to make a butcher out of him.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
AB lost the game. I cringe every time he tries to pass a basketball..just call it a turnover like most of Smart's 3's. He changed momentum like 4 different times on simple ass bounce passes that he has no clue how to make.

Regardless, at 94-94 al goes down gives a half assed jump hook and gets absolutely stuffed. Get the ball back same score and he mishandled the ball out of bounds. He struggles close and late or at the very least has the last 3 games.

Eos

-Wiggins needs to be moved to SG, he can't guard most SFs properly
-Get Lavine to come off the bench
-Don't play KAT and Dieng in the same lineup
-Get an actual SF
-Don't let bricky shoot the ball unless there is literally no other option

Top Bottom