• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

HQ5G5c4.png
lol, Okafor alone is worth both of those players if not more. Unless he pushes a move.

DMC needs a different club. Better winning mentality and a coach that can set him straight. Dude is still the top C in the league.

plus

lol are these trade proposals for real or are you guys just playing? I have no idea why a rebuilding team would want chumpert and frye

Slizeezyc

lol, Okafor alone is worth both of those players if not more. Unless he pushes a move.

No, he isn't. He's been a net negative as a basketball player, and that's why the Cavs would be crazy to do that deal. He doesn't help their situation at all, and the trade actively hurts what they're good at.

He could improve, but as it stands, he's not good at NBA basketball as he's one of the worst rebounding centers, and continues to obviously be horrendous on defense. That his shot hasn't progressed at all in mid range is just another concern.

Couldn't be more on point. Twolves bench is a catastrophe. I think Shabazz can be a nice piece and Aldrich is a solid backup center who can rebound and play hard for you 10 minutes a game, but other than that... idk man, not a lot to like there.

And I love Rubio, but you can't have a complete non-threat running point full-time, and Dunn seems like it'll take a few years.

Think I saw an interesting stat last week that the team with Wiggins and Towns on the court has basically been quite good. As soon as even one is off the court, the team becomes a mess. They certainly need some bench shooting, particularly on the wings. I still think Rubio is more an issue come playoffs than most regular season games as teams don't completely scheme him into oblivion as a guy who is scared to shoot until then -- which is different than someone who is just a bad shooter I'd say. But yeah, Tyus Jones probably doesn't solve the issues even with better shooting.

PS, good thing they took the NBA/college ready Dunn -- who will take a few years to develop. Whoops.

I wonder if Rubio could be traded to Philly for something, help feed their big men

I think, even as okafur currently is, he can still be made into a good/great 6th man. He can still score, and the talent is still there. Honestly, it would probably best for his trade value of he was given that role, and the bench unit was this designed around him

I'm stunned that the Magic have won 12 games this year.

Their roster is awful: frontcourt of Biyombo/Ibaka/Gordon is just plain miserable to watch and they are giving minutes to NBA failures like Jeff Green, DJ Augustin, Jodie Meeks and CJ Watson.

Surely Rob Hennigan's job isn't safe.

Frank Vogel

the comp for Okafor is probably Enes Kanter. A solid scoring bench role player. He will never be good enough defensively, or have enough range, to be a starting 4/5 on a great team, and team's know this, which is why I doubt his stock is all that high.

Slizeezyc

the comp for Okafor is probably Enes Kanter. A solid scoring bench role player. He will never be good enough defensively, or have enough range, to be a starting 4/5 on a great team, and team's know this, which is why I doubt his stock is all that high.

Kanter is also a much better rebounder than Okafor, by leaps and bounds.

Rebounding translates from college more than any other stat. Okafor has never even been an average rebounder. He is, if I'm going to be a dick about it, Eddy Curry.

He is relatively efficient, but doesn't get to the line enough and can't shoot. So he's like Vucevic in terms of having a TS% that will hover around .500 but with none of the bonuses of spacing or getting players in foul trouble.

He's an awful defender, and he actually was the worst rebounding center in the NBA until like last week.

It's rough the hills he's going to have to climb to even be a centerpiece of a bench unit as of now.

I wonder if Rubio could be traded to Philly for something, help feed their big men

There was a Rubio-Noel rumor at one point. I think Noel solves some issues for Minnesota, but Rubio doesn't really solve any for Philly. Okafor doesn't really try to post up or fight for deep position, and he's not a good post-up player anyway (at least via the data in his 1+ years so far in the NBA). He's a really good face-up/iso player from 15 feet. Embiid isn't great at post-ups either so far (but sort of like Jokic in terms of being real good at them if you switch a smaller guy onto him), and I think it's pretty clear he's going to be a freak in the pick and roll. If you have Simmons coming back anyway, you probably don't want a non-shooter in Rubio when the pick and roll is going to be Simmons-Embiid anyway.

gutshot

Isn't Sergio Rodriguez already basically Ricky Rubio? Just older. Yeah, not sure the Sixers would be interested in dealing Noel for Rubio.

I'd rather just get some draft picks back. Could we realistically get a mid to late first for him?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The Hawks are so fucked up.

They can beat Cavs or Thunder but they lose to scrubs.

They don't know what they are doing some nights.

Surfinn

The Hawks are so fucked up.

They can beat Cavs or Thunder but they lose to scrubs.

They don't know what they are doing some nights.
I know how you feel. Kings beat the Grizzlies one night and lose by fucking 20 to the MAVS the next. Doesn't get much worse than that.

Jarate

Banned
Houston Rockets ‏@HoustonRockets 8m8 minutes ago

Medical Update: Clint Capela has a small left fibula fracture. He will be re-evaluated in approximately four weeks. https://goo.gl/y6sxoH

We have no reliable center for maybe 5 or 6 weeks. What the fuck, how did a fracture happen?

Nerlens for Patrick Beverly and Sam Dekker was proposed in the offseason...

TTG

Random question: Is peak Blake better than Amare?

A lot better. Much more well rounded scoring the ball, his passing is excellent for his position. Also, his punch was at least aimed at a softer target and in the regular season rather than playoffs.

maladroid

it's funny that I get a bit disappointed when russ doesn't get a triple double despite scoring 46 points

dude's killing it
ESPN Stats and Information said:
Teammate Andre Roberson shot 1-of-7 after passes from Westbrook. Six of the 7 attempts were uncontested

As much as I think he's a one man show, he could use Oladipo right about now.

Nerlens for Patrick Beverly and Sam Dekker was proposed in the offseason...

He'll nah, our defense goes from top 10 to shit without Bev.

With his lowered value, how about Dekker and Brewer for Noel?

Capela being injured sucks, but at least Montrezl has crazy length to play center and he's been playing well. I imagine onanuku, who shoots free throws underhanded in the d-league, will be called up too.

That's the scary thing about our team though: all the players fit together so well that one of them being injured is scary

Rockets shooting the three like it's Antarctica

Eh, we're missing open looks, playing good defense, getting some good offensive rebounds, playing with hustle, getting some good baskets inside the paint, and have kept the game relatively close.

The game is basically screaming for the Rockets to get hot from the 3 at some point and catch up/run away with the score.

Top Bottom