• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Fjordson

Very disappointed in Utah tonight. Hope Hill can get healthy soon, way too much Exum and Mack.

Rudy holding it down in fantasy as usual, but Gordon and Rodney sucked ass tonight. Rodney has 1 fantasy point and left the game because of a gastric illness =[

Marz

I really dont see what nba scouts saw in Exum. He makes terrible decisions, mediocre passer, has a weird jump shot with barely any lift.

His positives were just athleticism?

I really dont see what nba scouts saw in Exum. He makes terrible decisions, mediocre passer, has a weird jump shot with barely any lift.

His positives were just athleticism?

All most scouts look for in one and done players is athleticism because if they can develop a jumpshot they'll have an NBA career. It's a high risk/high reward scenario mostly.

Bread

Banned
I am the only person who can restore this thread to its former glory, a glory we haven't experienced since the end of June way back in 2016. I BeCleve we can do it.

I am the only person who can restore this thread to its former glory, a glory we haven't experienced since the end of June way back in 2016. I BeCleve we can do it.

Why would talking about the LEastern conference during the regular season be any fun. Although I'll consider it pending the Cavs winning on Monday versus the Warriors.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
How the fuck you gonna give Cousins a second T for spitting out his mouthpiece at the Blazers bench then reverse the call? lmao

How the fuck you gonna give Cousins a second T for spitting out his mouthpiece at the Blazers bench then reverse the call? lmao

That was, without a doubt, the worst officiated game I have ever watched. There were bad calls all throughout against both teams. Right from the get-go, Cousins was doing that "crafty veteran" bullshit where he grabs people, flings them into himself and then acts like he got shot to draw whistles. I'll forgive a couple of those, they're hard to call in real-time. But you had the obvious "he spit his mouthpiece out, which is BY RULE A TECHNICAL FOUL, oh wait, that would eject him? OK, never mind" nonsense. You had Mason Plumlee getting called for an offensive foul in the act of shooting, but they don't want to wave off the basket, so let's change it to a technical even though it happened before the shot occurred... You had a 24-second violation called when the shot had left Allen Crabbe's hands with 0.5 seconds left on the shotclock and was hanging 18 feet in the air when the horn sounded (which they then refused to review)... You had Cousins barreling through people and getting foul calls, and Mason Plumlee doing the identical thing the very next play and called for charging... It was just absolutely mind-boggling some of the shit that occurred. Worst officiating ever.

And it was a real shame, because it marred what was an otherwise absolutely excellent game. Cousins especially was superhuman, but Lillard, CJ, Plumlee and Lawson were all playing excellent basketball. I've never even heard of Garrett Temple, but guy was playing some solid defense. Great back and forth and great win for the Kings.

Sumidor

I can't stand Cousins. He looks like he's about to break down and cry all the time. All that talent and he acts like a little bitch.

LeBron's OT stepback is another reason why the league needs a 4pt line
Horrible idea, FOH

Warriors back to 2nd best defensive team in the league after playing like the Blazers defensively in the first two weeks.

Booogie, that man. So glad he got away with the mouth piece. We need some real animosity in this league. 55/13 fam.

Tom Penny

Damn straight he did it :) Thomas willed that win for the Celtics. 44 points on 10 for 16 on FGs, 7 for 10 on 3PTs, and 17 for 17 on FTs and throw in 3 rebounds and 6 assists. I'm glad he's healthy again, as the C's need his production to win :)
People said they didn't need him because they beat the Magic with him out SMH

Horrible idea, FOH

Warriors back to 2nd best defensive team in the league after playing like the Blazers defensively in the first two weeks.

Booogie, that man. So glad he got away with the mouth piece. We need some real animosity in this league. 55/13 fam.

Eh, it isn't so bad if by that he means a 3/4 pt system, instead of a 2/3

Silkworm

People said they didn't need him because they beat the Magic with him out SMH

Momentary lapse of reasoning ;-)

Horford also contributed to the win with a double-double (17pts, 14 rebs) and Bradley and Crawford chipped in 16 and 13 points, respectively. So admittedly it wasn't all Thomas, but C's don't win without his performance. The C's don't exactly blow anyone away, i.e. they have a small margin of error to win games, so whether IT is playing well typically determines whether the C's win or not.

Tom Penny

Momentary lapse of reasoning ;-)

Horford also contributed to the win with a double-double (17pts, 14 rebs) and Bradley and Crawford chipped in 16 and 13 points, respectively. So admittedly it wasn't all Thomas, but C's don't win without his performance. The C's don't exactly blow anyone away, i.e. they have a small margin of error to win games, so whether IT is playing well typically determines whether the C's win or not.
They are marginally better than last year unless they get a big or scorer who can get their own at deadline. My expectation is still win a round or it is a failed season which they are no lock to beat any first round opponent.

phanphare

Banned
"you got a $50,000 fine today, do you have any comments or further reaction to that?"

giphy.gif

Boogie needs a coach or teammate that can harness him into some sort of maniacal yet enjoyable NBA player. He's almost gets there and then screws up hard.

Starting to think the east is going to have 9, maybe even 10 different .500 teams. I guess you could look at strength of schedule, but it seems like most of the East wants to alternate between beating good teams and losing to bad ones

Line_HTX

NBCSN ‏@NBCSN 11m11 minutes ago

125 years ago, Dr. James Naismith posted his original 13 rules of basketball.

The rest is history.

C0ORKuaVEAA1Cx2.jpg

Cousins last night was just crazy. The whole situation is crazy. Sac can't handle him, they don't have the resources. He needs a mentor, He needs to grow up. The talent he has is other worldly, but the other stuff really brings it all down. Right Ninja?

Now that I'm thinking about it... why are we discussing any non-Phoenix Suns team when talking about trades with the 76ers?

I'm honestly a little confused as to how that trade hasn't happened.

Also, I'll laugh if Suns get a high pick again and drafting BPA means drafting another point guard

U2NUMB

3 out of 4 for the wolves and should have had that houston game... Young guns finally starting to play that D thibs wants...

Top Bottom