• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

OldMan

Banned
shang-tsung-mk2-soul-steal-fatality.gif

https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/813143743394095104
The dude has had the most humble dunks this year that result him falling on his ass. Great pace and match.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Yo I just noticed Steph, during Kyrie's game winner.

Steph_Shook.png

Bruv was already having flashbacks, couldn't even stand to watch Kyrie do it again. Hahahahahaha.

Cavs are pretty damn lucky that Kevin Love decided to return to old form this year.

My All Star voting is probably gonna look something like:

Harden
Westbrook
Kawhi
Davis
(Marc) Gasol

Lowry
DeRozan
Giannis
LeBron
Love

Probably should have Durant, but something about voting for none of the 4 all stars the Warriors have is funny.

I don't know how you're suppose to build around Wiggins. He's a volume shooter and isn't great from anywhere on the court (he's under 75% from the Free Throw line this year). He's 26th in Rebounds per game for SF's and 53rd out of 56 qualified SF's in Rebounds Per 48 minutes. He averages more turnovers than assists. He's a decent defender at times, but besides that, I can't really see him having a big role on a great team. I've seen it mentioned a few times and I'm starting to agree that he's basically Rudy Gay at this point.

Cavs are pretty damn lucky that Kevin Love decided to return to old form this year.

Harden
Westbrook
Kawhi
Davis
(Marc) Gasol

Lowry
DeRozan
Giannis
LeBron
Love

Probably should have Durant, but something about voting for none of the 4 all stars the Warriors have is funny.

You should be banned for not voting for IT.

First quarter apathy by Curry has to be worrisome. This didn't just happen last year while he was "injured". Two years ago the same thing happened. Dude seems like a child running away from any contact that the Cavs like to inflict. It's just weird how he seems unable to play his natural game against them.

Also his 4th quarter inability to run a slower set play keeps hurting them. After that 12 (or14) advantage, they just needed to play a bit slower. Yet their guard seems unable to do so.

Bad try.
Don't try again lol

Coming back and still loosing by 19? Even more pathetic.

ty_hot

yesterday there was again one block for the cavs near the end of the game, which led to their win a few minutes later. I dont follow NBA games (usualy I just check the resutls and watch NBA videos on facebook, their top 10 etc), but yesterday I watched the last quarter (totally forgot about the game, i wanted to watch the entire match) and it was clear that the Warriors lack a lot of mental game... as soon as the Cavs started coming from 14 to 10, then 8, the Warriors were completelylost in the court. As someone just posted, they could just play slow offense and that would probably give them the win. But they were rushing, giving stupid turnovers... no other result could come from that.

OldMan

Banned

Harden
Westbrook
Kawhi
Davis
(Marc) Gasol

Lowry
DeRozan
Giannis
LeBron
Love

3 Cavs vs 3 Warriors on each all start team would fit the NBA narrative

yesterday there was again one block for the cavs near the end of the game, which led to their win a few minutes later. I dont follow NBA games (usualy I just check the resutls and watch NBA videos on facebook, their top 10 etc), but yesterday I watched the last quarter (totally forgot about the game, i wanted to watch the entire match) and it was clear that the Warriors lack a lot of mental game... as soon as the Cavs started coming from 14 to 10, then 8, the Warriors were completelylost in the court. As someone just posted, they could just play slow offense and that would probably give them the win. But they were rushing, giving stupid turnovers... no other result could come from that.

At some point the coach Steve Kerr has to get some blame. I haven't seen them adjust much within any important game.

OldMan

Banned
Negative curry/warrior posts in here make zero sense.

If you want plowing through defenses and obliterating

zones you should have kept your vision on the kings game or RJ smh

Curry's game is what it is, take it or leave it. Bunch of sore losers.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Negative curry/warrior posts in here make zero sense.

If you want plowing through defenses and obliterating

zones you should have kept your vision on the kings game or RJ smh

Curry's game is what it is, take it or leave it. Bunch of sore losers.

Not really negative posts (well, except from haters) but trying to figure out what is going on with Curry as he hasn't been the same player since his injury in the playoffs. Obviously he isn't physically injured so wtf is going on with him. I mean, only 40% on 3s on top of the lethargic play...really weird.

OldMan

Banned
Not really negative posts (well, except from haters) but trying to figure out what is going on with Curry as he hasn't been the same player since his injury in the playoffs. Obviously he isn't physically injured so wtf is going on with him. I mean, only 40% on 3s on top of the lethargic play...really weird.
Not built to beat the Cavs long term LeBrons game is built to last.

jman2050

I think focusing on what the Warriors do wrong is taking the wrong tack. The real story about the Cavs/Warriors matchup right now is that the Cavs have completely adapted to the Warriors style of play, both by having the personnel to exploit their biggest weaknesses and by analyzing their strengths and making them their own. I mean, the Cavs are a better three point shooting team than the Warriors this year which goes a long way to explaining how they're maintaining an offense that's just as good as Golden State's

In hindsight I wonder if getting Durant was less like the "rich getting richer" and more like it being necessary for them to remain competitive in this matchup. Despite the loss, this game showed that Durant is amazing enough to tip it in their favor even if things go wrong.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
I think focusing on what the Warriors do wrong is taking the wrong tack. The real story about the Cavs/Warriors matchup right now is that the Cavs have completely adapted to the Warriors style of play, both by having the personnel to exploit their biggest weaknesses and by analyzing their strengths and making them their own. I mean, the Cavs are a better three point shooting team than the Warriors this year which goes a long way to explaining how they're maintaining an offense that's just as good as Golden State's

In hindsight I wonder if getting Durant was less like the "rich getting richer" and more like it being necessary for them to remain competitive in this matchup. Despite the loss, this game showed that Durant is amazing enough to tip it in their favor even if things go wrong.

Well, we also don't want to make the mistake of overreacting to a single game. I mean, the Warriors were a pretty bad non-call with one second to go away from (probably) winning on the Cavs homecourt with Kyrie going crazy. This isn't meant as complaining or making excuses so much as showing this could have gone either way really easily. Saying "Cavs dominating dubs" is missing a lot of the details.

Top Bottom