• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

TTG

Looks like Westbrook noticed his rebound numbers dipping below the almighty triple double average he doesn't care at all about, so he countered with 17 defensive rebounds. The next highest number on his team was 3.

I'm glad that Andrew Bogut got a Flagrant 1 for smacking Harden in the face and almost concussing him.

You got a link? That doesn't sound like Bogut.

bl\
Looks like Westbrook noticed his rebound numbers dipping below the almighty triple double average he doesn't care at all about, so he countered with 17 defensive rebounds. The next highest number on his team was 3.

You got a link? That doesn't sound like Bogut.

Bogut has been playing dirty against us every time. The entire game was tense, two flagrant 1s and 8 technicals, but nothing major asides from the Bogut hard hard screen into Harden's face before Harden got pissed off and went off on the Mavs happened.

Fjordson

Pat Beverly is going off on twitter, I'm guessing about the Mavs.

"What we experienced today as a team. Was the upmost disrespect. And total disrespect to Us and the GAME OF BASKETBALL...Still got the W tho"

What happened??

Pat Beverly is going off on twitter, I'm guessing about the Mavs.

"What we experienced today as a team. Was the upmost disrespect. And total disrespect to Us and the GAME OF BASKETBALL...Still got the W tho"

What happened??

8 technicals
2 flagrant 1s
Ariza got ejected for too many techs in between 3rd and 4th quarter because Mejri brought up his wife and kids

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/813968254465085440
https://mobile.twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/813965923585507328
https://mobile.twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/813969764439752704

Started early on in 2nd quarter, Harden apparently was talking to Bogut, next play Bogut screens on Harden, hits him in the face, flagrant 1 called, then Nene and Anderson(?) iirc got a double technical near the rim over some physical play. Dirk and Ryno had a stare down for a bit (no tech). Carlisle had a tech telling the refs "Great Call". Ariza had 1 or 2 techs before the one that kicked him out between quarters.

In total, 5 techs on Rockets, 3 techs on Mavs, 2 flagrants on Mavs, 22 fouls on Rockets, 18 fouls on Mavs, and a game that took much much longer than it should have. Thank god Beverley was resting, it could've gotten worse, but for the most part just remained tense, with no real fighting or having to separate players

Pretty sure Bogut did something dirty against us in our previous games, so I think the previous matchups were also bad, along with rival teams and Mavs not wanting to be swept for the season series

Oh yeah the other flagrant was Ryno getting hit hard while trying to score, he was on the ground for a bit, was holding his nose

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/813970575626375172

Rockets apparently waited outside Mavs locker room for a while before leaving

https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/813962220438626304
"Patrick Beverley sitting on a cart yelled at Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle as he walked to the locker room: "Don't be mad at us coach! Way to be an icon coach! Have a nice season coach!""

https://twitter.com/jonathan_feigen/status/813975959623925764
https://twitter.com/bull50/status/813977953201750016

EDIT: Glad that the rockets seem really tight with each other this year. Even our 2013 chemistry wasn't this good, I think 2009 (minus frustrated T-Mac) is comparable

Line_HTX

Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen 2h2 hours ago

Harden: "That other team was trippin tonight, just disrespectful, unprofessional, players and coaches. I don’t know what was their problem."

Seriously, fuck Rick Carlisle for his players being fucking shitbags and playing like cowardly bitches. They're the reason the 3rd quarter took so long, and wow, I didn't even know that the Mavs center went way out of bounds there causing Ariza's 2nd tech.

Even Nowitzki on his recovering sprained Achilles got into it with some elbowing and hitting Ryan Andersen in the jaw too. Sad!

Y'know, I honestly feel bad for teams without a Beverley type player

Yeah Beverly influences the team in a good way even when he doesn't play. Didn't play any minutes today, but he did all the right things. Also, the Mavs are becoming one of the most classless organizations in the NBA, and its even better that they are in dead last in the West. Only guy I feel bad for is Dirk, but at least he got a ring so in a year or two he can move back to Germany and live a happy life.

maladroid

Anyone actually saying that's why the Warriors lost? Let me see them receipts.
There's a reason why my post is in two paragraphs. There's a distinction between blaming and complaining, but when two days and 18 other basketball games have transpired, and this thread (an NBA thread, not a Warriors thread) is still transfixed on that game, 'can't blame the refs, but the refs were shit' isn't really any less annoying than saying 'the refs were shit'.

The only linkage between the two is that if Warriors fans showed as much grace as KD did in the former paragraph, there'd be less of what was happening in the latter.

What I need to show receipts for said:
2 days (and five pages?) later and Warriors fans are still complaining about how it wasn't 'even'. FFS, build a bridge.
Key components:
  • Are there complaints from Warriors fans about the quality of refereeing? Yup.
  • Do these complaints span the period of two days? Yup.
  • Do these complaints span five pages? Yup.

Page 141 (12-26-2016)
The hanging on the rim, the replay that was unwarranted, and that foul.
Page 142 (12-26-2016)
The entire arena knew that they didn't get the shot off in time, yet the officials had to review it?
Absolute bullshit.
Page 146 (12-28-2016)
It didn't even out this game at all, but generally yea. That some homer refs there, lets not bullshit it any other way.
Page 147 (12-28-2016)
Dray should never have gotten a T in the first place since both his fouls were comical and shouldn't have happened. Warriors did also get some favors as well later on since this was probably the worst officiated match I've seen this year.

Always seems like some people on GAF only read their own posts.
The irony. You acknowledging Draymond's unnatural motions? Cool in my book. You pretending that you're above sports fan / homer behavior? Not so much.

TTG

It's going to be awkward for you looking back at this rant in a sober light tomorrow, I'm cringing already. Just remember, we've all gotten indignant and shrill over something that's not really there, then hit the back button instead of submit reply, but still. It's ok, this too shall pass.

PatjuhR

Man, all this discussion about refs decisions. It's a 100+ points game.

It's not like football where a ref decision can decide a 1-0 game or something.

There's a reason why my post is in two paragraphs. There's a distinction between blaming and complaining, but when two days and 18 other basketball games have transpired, and this thread (an NBA thread, not a Warriors thread) is still transfixed on that game, 'can't blame the refs, but the refs were shit' isn't really any less annoying than saying 'the refs were shit'.

The only linkage between the two is that if Warriors fans showed as much grace as KD did in the former paragraph, there'd be less of what was happening in the latter.

So stating a fact and not making excuses is annoying now? You poor soul, how do you survive in the real world? The refs were shit (even Warriors got some dumbass calls), the main reason I mentioned it is because some dude tried to make it seem like it was even when it clearly wasn't the case (he's delusional). Nobody is making excuses here other than some choking by some horrible TOs and decisions 2nd graders can come up with.

It's the biggest game of the season so far. Shocking that people are going to discuss aspects of it. Here's my Nostradamus projection for next month. Warrior Cavs game will also end up being the biggest discussion here for January. You owe me $1,000 if I'm right. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anyway, why are the Mavs acting like that? Is there a Rockets Mavs game in Houston any time soon?

andthebeatgoeson

I guess Kemp would have gotten suspended nowadays for this

ListerBlister.gif

He is kinda dark. He would have been labeled a problem. #boogie

He was too big and dark to not get shitted on.

------

Kinda funny seeing a bunch of players defend the refs this past week.

Fjordson

The irony. You acknowledging Draymond's unnatural motions? Cool in my book. You pretending that you're above sports fan / homer behavior? Not so much.
No clue what you're talking about.

This thread really is the worst sometimes. Guess I'll see myself out, don't want to get in the way of any valuable trolling or frothing hate posts.

Ronin Ray

No clue what you're talking about.

This thread really is the worst sometimes. Guess I'll see myself out, don't want to get in the way of any valuable trolling or frothing hate posts.

Thread was at its best when it was all about anime but somehow this basketball talk got in

I'm very late to this, but I really think the Warriors lost that Christmas game because Kerr died with a timeout instead of calling one for the play prior to the Kyrie's WTF shot. Kerr is a great coach but he can do some fuck shit fuck stuff from time to time, so sorry Warriors fans you're losing the Finals again thanks to Varejao playing every 3rd quarter.

rambis

Banned
Why is the MVP of the league on the bench in the biggest moment of a game?

That whole sequence is by far the most interesting part of this to me. Curry doesn't just get detached when he's not in god mode, he completely checks the fuck out. Imagine Lebron doing this back in the first CLE days. I predicted KD would take over in GS but I never saw this coming. From a top 5 offensive season to ridin pine on game deciding plays.

TTG

Make it 4 losses in a row for the Clippers thanks to the Pels.
Dat Felton/Rivers/Speights/Crawford/Jordan line up to finish out the game though.

By the way, I'm sorry Toronto fans, Warriors appear to be out for blood.

Feels like Minnesota should be better than this.

Need to beg the Nuggets to burn those yellow jerseys and just wear the superior retro throwbacks for a alternate uni

Top Bottom