• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Just saw the most absurd trade discussion.

Cavs get Korver and Melo.
Knicks get Millsap, Iman, Shroder, and Splitter.
Hawks get Love and Rose.

who says no, I guess?

Korver as a guy who needs to run through screens to get his shot is irrelevant playoff time. He showed it multiple times in Chicago and Atlanta. Open looks? The other team is completely fucked.

Fucking hate this two team bullshit. It seems they get whatever they want. It's annoying.

pislit

Korver as a guy who needs to run through screens to get his shot is irrelevant playoff time. He showed it multiple times in Chicago and Atlanta. Open looks? The other team is completely fucked.

Fucking hate this two team bullshit. It seems they get whatever they want. It's annoying.

Yeah, Sacramento should dump Cousins to the Warriors now!

Korver trade seems good for Atlanta tbh, late round picks are undervalued and can often times get good role players. Definitely know that after seeing some of the Rockets picks the last couple of years be great for us.

Nuggets, Raptors, Kings, and Pelicans have all come up for millsap offers.

Kings don't have a pick to trade till 2021, but apparently are desperate for the playoffs, so I could see them overbid for millsap

Raptors REALLY want Millsap, really it's a question of whether they can outbid the other teams with their assets.

Pelicans want Millsap, but I don't see them doing it and it being a good thing for them in any way. Should just sit tight, get a few 1st round picks, get players around AD. Even if Millsap extended, they would be putting too much into him for where they are.

Nuggets seem most likely to me. Apparently a summer deal with nuggets over Millsap was already very likely, and they compete for the 8th seed and are a young talented team. If Hawks are keeping Dwight though, they still wouldn't be able to drop nurkic, unless they get a 3 team deal of some sort. Iirc, Kenneth faried was on possibly on the trading block for them already. Plus having vet leadership in Millsap, along with a good complement for whichever of jokic and nurkic are on court, would r good for them.

I'd normally say raptors seem most likely to get Millsap, but nuggets just have so much more to possibly offer that I doubt the raptors will be able to match/beat them out.

Dwightmare destroyed the Hawks too

Nice :)

Westbrook can get his tonight, give me the W Rockets

Dwight's been good for the Hawks iirc, don't know what you're talking about

As an individual, Dwight has been good.

From the team standpoint, he clogs up the offense for them and struggles against athletic and stretch bigs. Well, he makes the team worst offensively (could also just be a combination of Bazemore sucking) and makes the defense great when trying. Average when he's not hustling back.

The Hawks system just doesn't fit Dwight right now. They just don't have the personnel to do it. Our best shooter is gone now so idk what's going to happen. Sure, THJr has really stepped it up but he's a pretty streaky player. Also injury prone. The Hawks system is too complicated to just plug in the rookies if one of our wings has to miss a lot of time.

I mean, I'm excited to see what changes are coming. I'm just super sad Korver is leaving. Only reason why I liked going to games. Hope he gets a ring tho.

Why are teams helping the Cavs? Show some balls Atlanta, that trade sucks and you just helped the team that fucking own you. If I was a team in the East I wouldn't trade anyone to the Cavs except Delonte West if he somehow came back.

Fuck the NBA.

Really ZaZa? This must be fake.

15823702_217621581980923_1188503904589006389_n.jpg

Cheebo

Banned

It's not fake.

Why are teams helping the Cavs? Show some balls Atlanta, that trade sucks and you just helped the team that fucking own you. If I was a team in the East I wouldn't trade anyone to the Cavs except Delonte West if he somehow came back.

Fuck the NBA.

Atlanta isn't a team competing for the finals, they are in a soft rebuild mode. Their goal is to get younger and wait out the Cavs. Cavs doing well has nothing to do with Atlanta's current plans.

Fuck the NBA.

Smart teams make the best trade possible regardless of who thy "help". Atlanta is not winning a title in the next couple of years so why should they give a fuck what the Cavs do? Korver must not have been in as much demand as we all realized if that's the best they could do for him. Their mistake was probably not trading him a year ago.

Cheebo

Banned
Atlanta is being really smart. They are going into rebuild mode despite still a playoff capable team instead of trying to cling on to playoff hopes. They see they are on a decline and their stars are getting older. Instead of clinging to playoff hopes and first/second round exits they are wisely blowing it up while their older players are still tradeable.

Atlanta isn't a team competing for the finals, they are in a soft rebuild mode. Their goal is to get younger and wait out the Cavs. Cavs doing well has nothing to do with Atlanta's current plans.

Smart teams make the best trade possible regardless of who thy "help". Atlanta is not winning a title in the next couple of years so why should they give a fuck what the Cavs do? Korver must not have been in as much demand as we all realized if that's the best they could do for him. Their mistake was probably not trading him a year ago.

I know, you guys are probably right, but Atlanta got close to nothing for Korver and I'm a salty Celtics fan who got spoiled by Billy King. In all seriousness, couldn't they just wait until closer to the deadline to see if something else was on? Or package him with Millsap for a better deal?

I agree that the biggest mistake was not trading him in the offseason or even earlier when the demand was higher, but this was really the best deal? Goddamn how Korver's stock must have fallen then.

I know, you guys are probably right, but Atlanta got close to nothing for Korver and I'm a salty Celtics fan who got spoiled by Billy King. In all seriousness, couldn't they just wait until closer to the deadline to see if something else was on? Or package him with Millsap for a better deal?

I agree that the biggest mistake was not trading him in the offseason or even earlier when the demand was higher, but this was really the best deal? Goddamn how Korver's stock must have fallen then.

Packaging players does the opposite, you are far more likely to maximize value in separate packages as teams are hesistant enough to give up too much for one guy, let alone too. Korver is an aging 3 point shooter on an expiring contract. If his D is as bad as people say (I haven't watched any of him this year) he's a 15 min a game rotation player at this point. Same with Milsap. He's awesome but he's also 31 and a rental. You aren't going to get a ton for those kinds of players short of a stupid GM over bidding (and with front offices getting smarter and actually valuing picks and young, cheap players, that's less and less likely to happen). Could they have waited and gotten something better? Maybe, but these guys are one year rentals. Their value decreases each game that passes, so there's also the chance you wait and get something worse. At the end of the day though, "will this make the Cavs too good" should not at all factor into Atlanta's decision making.

Cheebo

Banned

It was reported that they shopped Korver to multiple contending teams but Cavs were the only ones to offer a first round pick, so yes this looks like the best offer they seemed to get.

Fuck the NBA.

This is so dumb. They were shopping Korver, Cavs went way beyond everyone and offered a first.

People underestimate late picks so much.

Georgia votes for him.

Thank god fan votes only count 50% of the way, if Harden and Westbrook don't start there needs to be blood

Upon reflection and reading this thread I like the Korver trade more for the Hawks. Dislike that it makes the Cavs stronger. Can't wait to see him and Kyrie playing defense together though.

Tom Penny

This is so dumb. They were shopping Korver, Cavs went way beyond everyone and offered a first.

People underestimate late picks so much.

Georgia votes for him.

Thank god fan votes only count 50% of the way, if Harden and Westbrook don't start there needs to be blood
Underestimate late picks? Bottom of the 1st round is a 10 percent chance at a solid NBA player..5% at a star.

Jeff Van Gundy was right: fan voting should count for 5% or less.

People should stop treating all star games so seriously. It's supposed to be an exhibition for the fans, let them see who they want. And in turn, the players association should stop being stupid enough to tie player pay raises and bonuses to things like NBA all star appearances.

Silkworm

Are the Celtics really going to lose at home to the 76ers tonight? I know there are some injured players for the Celtics... but come on.

Probably an over reaction by me since there's another half to play :-D Go C's not Czzzz's! :) Hopefully IT has a huge 2nd half to bail them out again ;-)

Top Bottom