• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Westflop always drawing fouls from his own contact. Worst part of NBA is guys like him getting calls from shit he does to himself.

No team with Durant on it can complain about players drawing fouls, not even the rockets. Harden learned that shit from kd, and he still gets the craziest foul calls

Houston is flooding again as golden state visits, so if the dubs lose this one they're going to break their streak of not losing 2 regular season games in a row

TTG

Curry unable to get his shot off against what's-his-face makes me sad. And people claim he's just as good as last year bla bla bla. That lateral quickness is gone.

EDIT: Singler has a new haircut that's why I didn't recognize him.

Westbrook wants this so bad hahahaha

Thunder probably really missing Adams out there, but they've still player pretty well.

Hopefully dubs are tired after this game, because rockets have a back to back with them and the grizzlies to end off a 4/5 this Friday (league wtf!!!). I don't know whether warriors playing two games where they'll refuse to lose focus as normal is a good or bad thing for us, given the last meeting

At least I can count on the Houston rain foretelling a Houston win

Curry unable to get his shot off against what's-his-face makes me sad. And people claim he's just as good as last year bla bla bla. That lateral quickness is gone.

Roberson?

Roberson shut harden down. 2 or 3 times now.

Don't knock Roberson's defense, it's really damn good

cHaotix8

KD sending a real "fuck you" message to OKC, damn lol. Both his season highs were against them. Really wish we could hear the back and forth between him and Russ.

Edit: no handshakes :eek:

scoobs

Kevin Durant is playing with so many great players in this game, and its painfully obvious he's on an entirely different level than all of them.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/OKC/2017.html

Thunder need 3 pt shooters bad. Abrines, Sabonis, grant, and Oladipo all shoot it decently, but only Oladipo and maybe abrines shoot it enough.

Thunder also probably would've like a good defensive big man, but eh. This game was definitely different from the last GSW OKC game, which was a blowout. Bet OKC wins their home game, they're definitely a decent team, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're contending soon enough

Kevin Durant is playing with so many great players in this game, and its painfully obvious he's on an entirely different level than all of them.

The only thing about KD is that he doesn't seem drive whether the rest of the team is playing well or not. That said, him realizing that being 7 ft tall with ridiculous length makes you a pretty good rim blocker is frustrating

TTG

That's sweet, but GS is gonna smash them every chance they get and the Thunder will have lost 2 MVPs by the end of the year.

He mad jilted.

Eh, I'm not so sure about it, thunder were paying well and the next game is a back2back coming off of an away game at the grizzlies (who the warriors will probably pay much more attention to, and also are more likely to be hurt by).

Guessing you're saying harden has the MVP at the end of the year? Because Westbrook signed an extension already

Brashnir

Wizards are impressive, they scraped themselves out of a major early hole and I'd say Otto Porter jr should probably have 2nd in MIP behind giannis.

Between wall/Beal/Otto/Kelly oubre they have a younger core than most realiwe, they just made the playoffs earlier than many other young cores

as a DC sports fan, the Wiz have just enough talent to be a perennial opponent for the legitimate East contenders, barring an unforseen explosion to a completely new level by one of their players.

El Topo

You've only had one primary 3 point team in the last 100 years win it all. The verdicts still up

I'm just going to claim without data and fully knowing that it is not particularly true that the Mavs in 2011 count as a primary 3 point team if only for their Game Four against the Lakers.
*looks at Finals data*
Okay, maybe not.

gutshot

Embiid's dominance in a handful of tweets:

CiN1rtN.png

qRdKFJn.png

1XE4sTn.png

#TrustTheProcess

Damn, I haven't had a chance to watch embiid yet but those are absurdly good stats. Not just empty stats but ones that obviously make the team better

Just watching the all star Zaza play on Westbrook last night and that even looked like a flop, no idea why Westbrook was so salty afterwards. Players are getting really soft over this shit, I think Lebron would flat ou die if he faced Bill Laimbeer or shit.

Servbot24

Banned
The Ringer article on Melo/Knicks paints a pretty grim picture for NY. They are probably stuck with him until 2019.

Knicks got themselves in this situation, I don't blame Melo for sticking around if he wants

Though if I were him i'd rather go to a mid-tier team like Clippers or Celtics and help elevate them to get a ring

El Topo

Yeah, Embiid is the real deal.

Knicks got themselves in this situation, I don't blame Melo for sticking around if he wants

Though if I were him i'd rather go to a mid-tier team like Clippers or Celtics and help elevate them to get a ring

He might try to get a ring in his last years à la Karl Malone, who thankfully failed.

I think people have a hard time understanding that he might legitimately prefer living/playing in NY to chasing a ring. Like, maybe he's okay if he never wins a title? Durant/KD get shit on for joining loaded teams, Melo gets shit on for not forcing his way onto a loaded team. Can't win, I guess.

Top Bottom