• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Bread

Banned
imagine being melo right now. living in one of the greatest cities in the world with all the money you'll ever need playing for your hometown team. why would he ever leave?

OldMan

Banned
imagine being melo right now. living in one of the greatest cities in the world with all the money you'll ever need playing for your hometown team. why would he ever leave?
What you described sounds like a damn drama, not basketball.

His ego probably doesn't like the no ring talk, personally I wouldn't give a shit if I didn't win a ring while in the NBA if I were getting paid

"eh, I played during LeBron x the Warriors era, the hell could I have done"

there Melo, you got one excuse

Bread

Banned
What you described sounds like a damn drama, not basketball.
not everyone wants to move to cleveland to win a title

and i don't even know what you mean, it's not like i described some fake scenario. this is melo's life, maybe he likes where he's at?

Surfinn

vpxgyEJ.gif

Was this.. not called?

You've only had one primary 3 point team in the last 100 years win it all. The verdicts still up

Nice hot take

time_series_plot_3pt_att_per_game.jpg

time_series_plot_of_3p_.jpg

*Note: 3PA = three-pointers attempted; 3PM = three-pointers made; and PG = three-point field goals attempted per game.
2014: San Antonio Spurs
Regular Season: 1,757 3PA (16th); 698 3PM (12th); 21.4 per game; 39.7 percent (1st)
Playoffs: 496 3PA (1st); 203 3PM (1st); 21.6 per game; 40.9 percent (1st)

2013: Miami HEAT
Regular Season: 1,809 3PA (6th); 717 3PM (3rd); 22.1 PG; 39.6 percent (2nd)
Playoffs: 465 3PA (1st); 177 3PM (1st); 20.2 PG; 38.1 percent (2nd)

2012: Miami HEAT
Regular Season: 1,030 3PA (23rd); 370 3PM (20th); 15.6 PG; 35.9 percent (10th)
Playoffs: 452 3PA (1st); 157 3PM (1st); 19.7 PG; 34.7 percent (5th)

2011: Dallas Mavericks
Regular Season: 1,768 3PA (5th); 645 3PM (8th); 21.6 PG; 36.5 (11th)
Playoffs: 467 3PA (1st); 184 3PM (1st); 22.2 PG; 39.4 percent (2nd)

2010: Los Angeles Lakers
Regular Season: 1,562 3PA (10th) 3PM; 532 3PM (13th); 19 PG; 34.1 percent (13th)
Playoffs: 476 3PA (1st); 157 3PM (1st); 20.7 PG; 33 percent (11th)

2009: Los Angeles Lakers
Regular Season: 1,516 3PA (15th); 547 3PM (17th); 18.5 PG; 36.1 percent (19th)
Playoffs: 424 3PA (2nd); 160 3PM (2nd); 18.4 PG; 37.7 percent (4th)

2008: Boston Celtics
Regular Season: 1,564 3PA (12th); 596 3PM (23rd); 19.1 PG; 38.1 percent (8th)
Playoffs: 417 3PA (1st); 137 3PM (2nd); 16.9 PG; 32.9 percent (13th)

2007: San Antonio Spurs
Regular Season: 1,561 3PA (7th); 595 3PM (6th); 19 PG; 38.1 percent (3rd)
Playoffs: 393 3PA (1st); 151 3PM (1st); 19.7 PG; 38.4 percent (1st)

2006: Miami HEAT
Regular Season: 1,441 3PA (12th); 497 3PM (13th); 17.6 PG; 34.5 percent (20th)
Playoffs: 439 3PA (2nd); 146 3PM (2nd); 19.1 PG; 33.3 percent (8th)

2005: San Antonio Spurs
Regular Season: 1,395 3PA (13th); 507 3PM (12th); 17 PG; 36.3 percent (8th)
Playoffs: 422 3PA (1st); 164 3PM (1st); 18.3 PG; 38.9 percent (4th)

https://www.google.com/amp/www.bask...y-three-point-shooting-and-championships/amp/

Cleveland won attempting ~2 3PA behind the warriors, and shooting them at a better accuracy. Love and Channing Frye destroying the east via 3s, along with the 3s in the warriors series, might've been hard to remember. They're also top 3 in 3 pts attempts alongside the rockets and nets the year

https://www.espn.com/nba/statistics...er-game/sort/avgPoints/year/2016/seasontype/3

Or the 2014 spurs, who flipped a switch in the finals to have 3 pointers account for more and more of their offense as they focused on moving the ball around and finding the open man (hmmm...).

http://www.espn.com/nba/playoffs/20...s-2014-finals-performance-changed-nba-forever

Actually, keep going back and look at the teams in the finals. Even the clutch city rockets set records for their time period on 3s made

Surfinn

Yeah, I gotta be honest, it's kind of bullshit that it took Curry having to point that out to the Refs. Like I know Superstars get preferential treatment, but that shit was so blatant lol

Honestly after watching that gif again my biggest question is "wtf was Westbrook thinking?!" Dude is just walking on the court like no big deal, lmao.

EDIT: Wow, this gif just keeps on giving. Westbrook appears to have completely forgotten that he needs to dribble and only remembers after he sees Curry with his hand out screaming at him, lol. The camera zoom RIGHT when Curry notices is killing me.

ACE 1991

Damn, I haven't had a chance to watch embiid yet but those are absurdly good stats. Not just empty stats but ones that obviously make the team better

Lol, you could say that. If Simmons comes back and is the player I think he can be, and we manage to hit on a stud PG in the draft, Philly's gonna be a contending team for a long time.

If Embiid gets injured again though I'm done with bball for a long time

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...h-nba-coverage-featuring-ex-players/96772686/

NEW YORK (AP) — TNT will use broadcast teams featuring only former players and no traditional play-by-play men during five NBA doubleheaders later this season.

The "Players Only" schedule runs Monday nights from Feb. 27 to March 27 and includes matchups such as Golden State-Oklahoma City on March 20 and Cleveland-San Antonio a week later.

Brent Barry will serve as the primary host of one team with Derek Fisher and Grant Hill, while Greg Anthony partners with Kevin McHale and Richard Hamilton on the other.

Lisa Leslie and Dennis Scott will serve as reporters.

Turner Sports says Thursday that Chris Webber will anchor the studio coverage with Isiah Thomas and Baron Davis, and that additional NBA players will contribute to the five-week program.

Surfinn

It wasn't to make a big play, just to traverse a bit at the end of the court before anything was really in play, I guess. Meh, whatever.

Lol if they can't catch a five step walking travel a few feet in front of them with no other players present I think that's a poor standard to set for officiating.

I mean shit if no one would have noticed, the refs would have just continued as planned. Makes you wonder what else they'll miss that's right in front of their face..

Lol if they can't catch a five step walking travel a few feet in front of them with no other players present I think that's a poor standard to set for officiating.

I mean shit if no one would have noticed, the refs would have just continued as planned. Makes you wonder what else they'll miss that's right in front of their face..

They used the damn whistle
That was a shaqtin play, but this controversy is just confusing

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Lol, you could say that. If Simmons comes back and is the player I think he can be, and we manage to hit on a stud PG in the draft, Philly's gonna be a contending team for a long time.

If Embiid gets injured again though I'm done with bball for a long time

Didn't the sixers say they want simmons at PG?

Didn't the sixers say they want simmons at PG?

On offense they want to use him as one, similar to Lebron/Giannis. But he wouldn't be playing 'PG' in that he'd be doing it from the 3/4 and guarding those guys and not guarding opposition PG's. Brett Brown clarified that since if he was playing the 1 it comes with a lot of negatives on the defensive end, especially in transition. I think the ideal types for the starting guards would be secondary ball handlers who can defend the position and space the floor, that's the awesome thing about having Simmons, if he's good enough to be a primary ball handler you have so much flexibiity with how you fill out the roster.

Fjordson

Curry and Harden starting in the backcourt for the Western conference all-stars.

It's been all downhill for Westbrook ever since he laughed at Wardell in that one press conference last year.

RIjDtWf.gif

Tubobutts

They just showed the vote break down on TNT. Westbrook would have been a starter based on only the media and players vote, but Curry was more popular with fans.

Zaza would have been a starter if it was only based on fan vote.

gutshot

So Embiid would have been a starter based on fan votes alone but it appears that the media and players did not trust the Process. He better make it as a reserve.

Top Bottom