• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

FZZ

Banned
Now I wonder what trades Cavs can realistically make for a backup PG now

No one gives a fuck anymore

watch Lakers give up Dlo for Shump

TTG

ZhgmCwl.png

SdICofl.jpg

Tall4Life

"Source w/reasons Pels got Boogie: Cs (too focussed on getting Butler), Orl (could've had him, balked) & Phx (Sac didn't want BKnight)."- Ric Bucher

Danny better get Jimmy.

I don't know if the Kings would've taken a better offer from those guys in all honesty, they seem to be on drugs, or at least Vlade is

Fjordson

Damn, Kings TV play by play announcer is already trashing Cousins lol. Saying it was about time and that most of DMC's teammates have hated playing with him.

Sacramento is such a mess.

Damn, Kings TV play by play announcer is already trashing Cousins lol. Saying it was about time and that most of DMC's teammates have hated playing with him.

Sacramento is such a mess.

At the end of the day that doesn't matter. DMC seems like a complete asshole, so yeah, there's probably something to that, but considering his talent level, that you could only muster Buddy Hield and a first for him is a total failing of the Kings.

Huh, so those incentives for the team that drafts a player are transferred with the trade? Didn't know that's how it worked.

DeMarcus really broken up about it, lol. Seems like he found out right there: https://streamable.com/yfu6y

Yes, any incentives (including Bird rights) are traded with a player. It's why big free agents changing teams try to go the "sign-and-trade" route as opposed to straight up signing a new deal.

Like when Lebron went to the Heat, it wasn't technically a free agent signing. He signed with the Cavs, then they traded him to the Heat. That allowed the Heat to have his Bird rights and any other contract incentives he would have had with the Cavs.

Sandfox

Kevin O'Connor ‏@KevinOConnorNBA 3m3 minutes ago

There were objectively better deals available for the Kings, but since they think so highly of Buddy Hield, that's the direction they went.
Terrible.

Fjordson

At the end of the day that doesn't matter. DMC seems like a complete asshole, so yeah, there's probably something to that, but considering his talent level, that you could only muster Buddy Hield and a first for him is a total failing of the Kings.
Oh I agree. I think it's poor form for anyone associated with Sacramento to be trashing him on his way out.

And this isn't like a leak or something, dude has been doing Kings television for decades and is tweeting on his verified account.

TTG

Yes, any incentives (including Bird rights) are traded with a player. It's why big free agents changing teams try to go the "sign-and-trade" route as opposed to straight up signing a new deal.

Like when Lebron went to the Heat, it wasn't technically a free agent signing. He signed with the Cavs, then they traded him to the Heat. That allowed the Heat to have his Bird rights and any other contract incentives he would have had with the Cavs.

The Pelicans will not be able to offer him the super duper max, that possibility is nullified with the trade. At least that's what I'm reading.

Oh shit Rockets still have 3 match-ups with NOLA. At least we have the first one right after the all star break, before they can get their shit together?

Also holy shit the SouthBest division. Greatest division in any of the big 4 sports, by far

The Pelicans will not be able to offer him the super duper max, that possibility is nullified with the trade. At least that's what I'm reading.

They can offer him 30% more than anyone else. But the Kings would have been able to offer him the "super extension" because they had him when he was on his rookie deal.

That "super duper max" extension is part of the new CBA that goes into effect this offseason.

Warriors might not make it out the first round if Pelicans clench the 8th seed. Horrible, HORRIBLE matchup.

Pelicans still have 3 games and 4 teams to jump over to the 8th seed / Alvin Gentry is still a bad coach / A team with KD, Klay and Steph will not lose 4 games in 7 against this team.

The hyperbole is ridiculous. As a Dubs fan I'm not worried.

Surfinn

What the fuck is this shit I watch the All Star game.. start doing other stuff and get a phone notification from the NBA that the Kings traded Cousins..

FOR WHAT?

I thought they were gunna start fucking trying once they got the new arena????

This is a sad day

TTG

For the new page.

Edit:

What the fuck is this shit I watch the All Star game.. start doing other stuff and get a phone notification from the NBA that the Kings traded Cousins..

FOR WHAT?

I thought they were gunna start fucking trying once they got the new arena????

This is a sad day

I'm sorry man. Member that one win against the Warriors?

neptunes

Pelicans still have 3 games and 4 teams to jump over to the 8th seed / Alvin Gentry is still a bad coach / A team with KD, Klay and Steph will not lose 4 games in 7 against this team.

The hyperbole is ridiculous. As a Dubs fan I'm not worried.
Did you forsee OKC taking the dubs to 7 last year?

scoobs

I understand why Kings fans would be upset, you aren't getting a lot in return, but Cousins has been pretty terrible for your franchise. You cracked 30 wins 1 time. Starting over isn't the worst idea.

I understand why Kings fans would be upset, you aren't getting a lot in return, but Cousins has been pretty terrible for your franchise. You cracked 30 wins 1 time. Starting over isn't the worst idea.

Trading him is fine, trading him for absolute shit is the sign of an incompetent franchise. What the hell are they going to do with a 23 year old rookie and a middling first round pick when they've shown to be unable to draft properly?

Rationally, something like Smart and next year's BKN pick blows this one away, but the Kings being complete idiots make this impossible to predict or analyze.

Seriously, Pelicans offer is laughable compared to what other teams can give. Kings front management are either stupid or know something we don't know. Im guessing the first.

pislit

Because Buddy Hield is a franchise cornerstone.

random25

At least get something more valuable in return. Cousins is on demand right now despite the baggage so might as well make the most out of it rather than settle for something mediocre in return.

Surfinn

Dude you'd think the Kings had 10 wins this year. I don't get why they would start over when they are in position to get into the playoffs for the first time in like 10 years?

Top Bottom