• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Boogs31

lol Houston and OKC's supporting cast are trash. I take it you don't even watch basketball. Take Harden and Westbrook off the teams and they aren't even close to the playoffs. Boogie greatest winning season was last year carrying the Kings to 33 wins...never even close to the playoffs with him...

Did you even read my post? I specifically brought up players that are on both Houston and OKC's rosters that are better than anyone in Sacramento. What players on the Kings are you referring to that are more talented than who I mentioned?

And I am not disagreeing that Harden and Westbrook are crucial to their teams success. All I disagreed with was your assertion that Sacramento had more supporting talent for Boogie than Houston or OKC does for their stars.

ViciousDS

Banned
Holy shit pels get boogie!

Also apparently Celtics are insanely focused on getting butler

Let's see what they give up for him

God do I hope pelicans get 8th seed

Shit would be glorious!!!!

Heard Lakers offered J Clarkson, J Randle, 1st round pick (year unknown) for Boogie and the Kings turned it down..they wanted Ingram. Lakers were the team that was rumored to drop out of the running as reported earlier in the day.

pislit

Heard Lakers offered J Clarkson, J Randle, 1st round pick (year unknown) for Boogie and the Kings turned it down..they wanted Ingram. Lakers were the team that was rumored to drop out of the running as reported earlier in the day.

Buddy Hield third coming of Michael Jordan

RR30

Cousins has had teams with more talent than the Rockets and OKC's one man shows and hasn't won shit his entire career. Coincidence? Maybe.

LOL this isn't the case at all. Both of those teams have a lot more talent than the Kings do/did. Boogie is part of the problems there no doubt, but the constant coaching changes/terrible draft picks, etc are a much bigger problem.

TTG

This Warrior vs. Pels talk... you guys certain they're making the playoffs? First off, there's not a lot of games left, if AD goes out for 2 weeks that may be it right there. Or the inverse, Denver or Portland have a good stretch of games. Second, it's Alvin and Cousins, so unlikely to be a Pau and Popovich hit the ground running deal. What if they just go your turn my turn for a while, or for the rest of the year?

Without having seen the Pels lately at all(they seem to have had all their national games at the beginning of the year) and just guessing, they maybe have a 2 out of 3 chance at making it. Which is fine and it will make for a great first round, but it's KD and the Warriors on the other side.

This Warrior vs. Pels talk... you guys certain they're making the playoffs? First off, there's not a lot of games left, if AD goes out for 2 weeks that may be it right there. Or the inverse, Denver or Portland have a good stretch of games. Second, it's Alvin and Cousins, so unlikely to be a Pau and Popovich hit the ground running deal. What if they just go your turn my turn for a while, or for the rest of the year?

Without having seen the Pels lately at all(they seem to have had all their national games at the beginning of the year) and just guessing, they maybe have a 2 out of 3 chance at making it. Which is fine and it will make for a great first round, but it's KD and the Warriors on the other side.

My guess is Warriors still beat them in 5 or 6. Pels really lack depth besides their front court.

Summer will be important for NOLA as we have to wait and see if they can retool around their twin towers.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Dickie V wanting to get in on that NBA all-star action! LoL

screenshot_2017-02-20gfzf4.png

on a season ending note: if Boogie and AD mesh well and get the 8th seed, I definitely want to watch them go against the Warriors.

especially if Jrue doesn't mail it in this year, and gives us playoff greatness.

Cousins has had teams with more talent than the Rockets and OKC's one man shows and hasn't won shit his entire career. Coincidence? Maybe.

Nah man, Morey and Presti are both among the better GMs, I think you're undervaluing the help Harden and Westbrook would have

Plus, he doesn't have to be as good as the two leading MVP candidates to be an amazing player

lol Houston and OKC's supporting cast are trash. I take it you don't even watch basketball. Take Harden and Westbrook off the teams and they aren't even close to the playoffs. Boogie greatest winning season was last year carrying the Kings to 33 wins...never even close to the playoffs with him...

Take Boogie off the Kings and they're the Nets...

The one year things were going well, Boogie got injured and the FO fired Malone in November, because they wanted George Karl

Who is as good as Ariza, Gordon, or Anderson in Sactown? Who is as good as Adams, Oladipo, or Kanter in Sactown?

Boogie's agent said Vlade Divac assured him his client wouldn't get traded FORTY MINUTES AGO, per @ESPNSteinLine.

C5FXom1UcAAOWYD.jpg
https://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh/status/833543767911198721

Yes, I'm sure doing this to the only superstar that wanted to stay in your damn city bodes very well for free agents in the future....

gutshot

Boston reportedly still interested in Okafor, per Marc Stein:

Well Portland decided to do a different deal to get Jusuf Nurkic…Denver and Portland did that trade. So Okafor is kind of still there. I mean he’s been so out there you tend to think that Philadelphia will find something in the next three days where they move him. I’ve heard that Boston has still give that some consideration. Chicago is another team that’s said to have shown some Okafor interest. You can rest assured Philly’s gonna spend the next three-plus days trying to find a trade home for Jahlil Okafor. Once the prospect of a trade has gone that far, it’s hard to pretend that didn’t happen, but at this point as we stand Philadelphia doesn’t have an Okafor deal and obviously another team that looked at him seriously — New Orleans — that’s not an option.

http://www.libertyballers.com/2017/...e-chicago-bulls-nba-trade-deadline-2017-76ers

Tom Penny

Nah man, Morey and Presti are both among the better GMs, I think you're undervaluing the help Harden and Westbrook would have

Plus, he doesn't have to be as good as the two leading MVP candidates to be an amazing player

Take Boogie off the Kings and they're the Nets...

The one year things were going well, Boogie got injured and the FO fired Malone in November, because they wanted George Karl

Who is as good as Ariza, Gordon, or Anderson in Sactown? Who is as good as Adams, Oladipo, or Kanter in Sactown?

https://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh/status/833543767911198721

Yes, I'm sure doing this to the only superstar that wanted to stay in your damn city bodes very well for free agents in the future....
Lol they win 20 something games with him.... He'd a Supreme talent that is a loser on the court until proven otherwise

Man, can't believe the Celtics didn't get in on this trade. Great move for the Pelicans, especially if they can keep Boogie long term. Him paired up with Davis is filthy. Seems like the Celtics would have been able to pull this off without moving the Brooklyn picks. I guess Danny and Brad just don't believe they can reach him, but with all the talk about the locker room here and Brad Stevens as a coach, you'd think they'd be able to get through to the guy.

Top Bottom