• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

How is he going to stalk DFish and his ex from all the way out in Houston?

Lol.

Matt-Barnes-pass-in-kobe.gif

pislit

Will Sacramende release all of its players and just default the rest of their remaining games? In NBA2K, you cant do this, but this is the Kings we are talking about.

How is he going to stalk DFish and his ex from all the way out in Houston?

Guess he gonna have to resort to social media now..or even more so? Lol

he insulted Harden's mom in the 2015 rockets-clippers series lol

Hey if Durant and Westbrook made up this weekend then so can Barnes and Harden lol

No but really for some reason when I read that news I just pictured him getting signed by the Rockets. Don't know why.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Why didn't the Kings just wait till Thursday to see if a better offer would come?
Pelicans would of kept the offer out there
Because vlade is a bad GM in which he didn't think he could get better offers. I have a feeling our owner nixxed the other trade in favor of Buddy.

I mean its not hard to get better pieces, just say he is on the block and let the teams compete with each other to get best offer....

Because vlade is a bad GM in which he didn't think he could get better offers. I have a feeling our owner nixxed the other trade in favor of Buddy.

I mean its not hard to get better pieces, just say he is on the block and let the teams compete with each other to get best offer....

Vlade just said in an interview he had a better offer 2 days ago.
Kings are backward organizations indeed

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I've never heard Zach Lowe this furious on a podcast. He is such a calm dude but Vivek really riled him up.

Zach is unbelievably pissed about the whole thing, lol.

Simmons was pretty fired up too about the trade on the Ringer pod

I also think Zach has heard some genuinely bad Boogie stories; which is why he's always leaned a little more towards trading him.

Ever

Banned
Why are people so upset about this?

The Kings were never going to get anywhere with Dcuz being the lead of the team. There’s no getting past his shitty attitude and lack of defense even if he does put up all-star numbers. They've tried for years, to no avail. I sure wouldn’t want someone who consistently acts like that on my team.

As far as I can see it, this is just the culmination of shitty GM and Owner decisions that came even before Ranadive was running the show, back when the Maloofs were doing whatever they could to keep the ship afloat. All this debt has wracked up over time, and now the bill is coming due. Time to pay up, and don't even think about being competitive before 2021.

Why are people so upset about this?

The Kings were never going to get anywhere with Dcuz being the lead of the team. There’s no getting past his shitty attitude and lack of defense even if he does put up all-star numbers. They've tried for years, to no avail. I sure wouldn’t want someone who consistently acts like that on my team.

As far as I can see it, this is just the culmination of shitty GM and Owner decisions that came even before Ranadive was running the show, back when the Maloofs were doing whatever they could to keep the ship afloat. All this debt has wracked up over time, and now the bill is coming due. Time to pay up, and don't even think about being competitive before 2021.

Because they traded DMC for a bag of doritos.

Because they traded DMC for a bag of doritos.

Their backs weren't even against the wall, he has one more year after this right? You could've pulled the trigger on an equally crappy deal next deadline if no one else bit.

I can understand if you pulled Cousins aside and worked together to find the best situation for both parties but they shady way in which they went about it combined with the "don't let the door hit ya..." attitude they seem to have, good luck being bottom feeders.

There is no process here, just really awful management. Sad it's happening to that fan base

Gigglepoo

Their backs weren't even against the wall, he has one more year after this right? You could've pulled the trigger on an equally crappy deal next deadline if no one else bit.

I can understand if you pulled Cousins aside and worked together to find the best situation for both parties but they shady way in which they went about it combined with the "don't let the door hit ya..." attitude they seem to have, good luck being bottom feeders.

There is no process here, just really awful management. Sad it's happening to that fan base

They had to sign him to a $230 million extension this offseason and then he'd be untradable for a year.

Why exactly wasn't this trade killed for "basketball reasons"?

Fuck you David Stern

That was not the league killing a deal.

It was the owner of the Hornets killing a deal that the GM tried to put together.

How do people still not realize this seven years later? Like, you can argue the league never should have owned the team, but the "basketball reasons" thing has always been way overblown.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

It was the owner of the Hornets killing a deal that the GM tried to put together.

How do people still not realize this seven years later? Like, you can argue the league never should have owned the team, but the "basketball reasons" thing has always been way overblown.

It bothers me how often I see this. Absolutely ridiculous how misinterpreted the whole situation was.

phanphare

Banned

obligatory fuck george shinn

Top Bottom