• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Melo for 4 second round picks + a player who sucks is best trade
Ainge gets rid of those infinite picks
Phil gets rid of Melo , gets a meh player in return

But if they want the potential #1 pick melol holy shit
He's washed

If they even want crowder it's too much. Melo is very much on the decline and hes a loser anyways.

#WhoSezNo

probably Magic
full

jbug617

Banned
Pacers interested in Brook Lopez.
Celtics and Mavs talked about Bogut but that is on the back burner to see if Boston has a bigger trade first.

pislit

Melo got NTC on his contract right? No way his wife would sign off that if the destination is Boston.

Melo to Brooklyn is a much possible scenario.

lol

I feel like if Vivek had been running the Kings in 2010, he wouldn't even have drafted Cousins. Probably would have picked like Xavier Henry or something.

Boogie broke down crying at event today in Sacramento
https://twitter.com/CarmichaelDave/status/833915554071093248

Dammit Boogie.

Dammit Boogie.

Making me tear up right now. So fucking awesome. Loyal to a fault.

Fuck the Kings FO.

Vivek.

From the perspective of the Lakers of course

reminds me of when the Nets subreddit voted to officially and soley discuss 90s era (basketball?) movies until the Nets won again, as did the Hawks about cicadas during their crazy slide.

Fanbases that have officially been driven past the edge and have accepted their fate are always some of the funniest ones out there

[Super Serious] If this post gets 50 upchirps, this will become a Cicada themed subreddit until we get our next win.

Actually, fuck, the r/GoNets subreddit is legendary:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GoNets/top/

Fuck Billy King, and fuck this team. If this post gets 420 upvotes, this will become a subreddit dedicated to discussing pre-2000's movies.

Jesus, what is wrong with this sub?

btw, that loss column is pre-determined, before the games are even played

I would trade Butler for the two BK picks and whatever salary dump needed to make the trade. I wouldn't even need Avery Bradley or Jaylen Brown although the second one would be sweet.

ViciousDS

Banned
everyone is available to trade except butler according to windhorst

so the only way celtics would even probably get butler is both of brooklyn picks plus players

According to hoophype

Rose-Rubio deal is gaining traction. Could possibly go down. As eluded earlier this is purely a cap saving move for the T wolves in the future. They want to develop Kris Dunn.

Utah jazz has had discussions with the Lakers for Lou Williams..rumor has it they are offering a 1st rounder.

TTG

Man, why am I listening to this Bill Simmons podcast? Apparently the Celtics did well not going for Cousins because why would you want to mess with all this greatness? And if they get Butler it's a trip to the finals. Oh, also Isiah can now match up with Westbrook because he "jumped a level." Can someone be burned out and delusional at the same time?

Something else from CarmichaelDave (he's friends with Boogie):

Guys, as bad as it looks, I can at least say as more of the story rolls out over the next few days, it will actually look worse.

edit
Man, why am I listening to this Bill Simmons podcast? Apparently the Celtics did well not going for Cousins because why would you want to mess with all this greatness? And if they get Butler it's a trip to the finals. Oh, also Isiah can now match up with Westbrook because he "jumped a level." Can someone be burned out and delusional at the same time?

Man, i don't know why you guys take some of the things Bill says like that ...that serious. Yes, he's a homer but a lot of that stuff, at least to me, is said jokingly. (Because he also knows it will piss a lot of 'fans' off)

Marz

Lou Williams would be a great fit on the Jazz, they've needed a capable backup point guard for a while and Lou can start when Hill sits out.

I was actually thinking Rose would be a nice fit with the Pelicans now.

Absolutely not. You have AD and Boogie, you don't need a scoring point guard that mainly drives and struggles with shooting.

Jrue is fine for them. Right now, they need wing depth, 3&D players.

Too bad they had to give up Buddy, I heard he was like Steph, and I heard Steph was good at shooting 3s

Although seriously, it's ironic how Gordon and Anderson JUST now leave the Pelicans. although, I think Gordon especially needed a change in scenery

According to hoophype

Rose-Rubio deal is gaining traction. Could possibly go down. As eluded earlier this is purely a cap saving move for the T wolves in the future. They want to develop Kris Dunn.

Utah jazz has had discussions with the Lakers for Lou Williams..rumor has it they are offering a 1st rounder.

Thibs gonna finish what he started. Rose still has one ACL left, right?

Sanjuro

Absolutely not. You have AD and Boogie, you don't need a scoring point guard that mainly drives and struggles with shooting.

Jrue is fine for them. Right now, they need wing depth, 3&D players.

Too bad they had to give up Buddy, I heard he was like Steph, and I heard Steph was good at shooting 3s

Although seriously, it's ironic how Gordon and Anderson JUST now leave the Pelicans. although, I think Gordon especially needed a change in scenery

Considering Boogie is a rental and the Knicks might not be seeking much for him, I would say it's a good to have another option. Either way I think they would need another playmaker at the point.

Jacce

Banned
According to hoophype

Brian Windhorst on ESPN this morning said he is hearing it may be a 3-way PG trade with Knicks, Wolves, and Pistons.

Derrick Rose to Wolves. Reggie Jackson to Knicks. Ricky Rubio to Pistons.

Considering Boogie is a rental and the Knicks might not be seeking much for him, I would say it's a good to have another option. Either way I think they would need another playmaker at the point.

Boogie is a 1.5 years rental. I keep seeing people say that he's a free agent this summer, but he's a free agent next summer

http://m.espn.com/nba/depthChart?teamId=3

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/holidjr01.html

Hell, Tim Frazier isn't some stellar point guard or anything, but as a backup, he works, especially if they stagger AD and Boogie's minutes so that he can rely on them.

If you have two big men, even if they are very versatile and can play away from the basket, you don't want your guards to focus on scoring by driving in more.

The more intriguing choice, this coming summer, is if the Pelicans make the decision to drop Jrue in search of increasing their guard/wing depth overall. Especially because you know certain teams (*cough cough* NetsSixersNuggets *cough cough*) are going to drive the market for guards up like crazy

Tom Penny

Lou Williams would be a great fit on the Jazz, they've needed a capable backup point guard for a while and Lou can start when Hill sits out.
He should have a bigger market. He's only good at one thing but he's pretty damn good at it. Any contender lacking bench scoring should be on him.

Better Danny make a trade than be forced to draft another bust.
Pretty sure he had had 2 to 10 picks his entire tenure and only one top 5 last yesr. He's done fine considering his draft position. Not the best far from the worst.

Brian Windhorst on ESPN this morning said he is hearing it may be a 3-way PG trade with Knicks, Wolves, and Pistons.

Derrick Rose to Wolves. Reggie Jackson to Knicks. Ricky Rubio to Pistons.

Rubio is a really depressing case. He plays defense, passes really well, is one of your favorite players to watch on and off court. But he's so, so, inexplicably bad at shooting. Yes, his release is slow and everything, but it's annoying to think about how much of a jump he could make, and he could help the Timberwolves make, if he could at least do a better job of punishing opponents that sag off of him.

He will always have this though
https://youtu.be/ZZgU0cT_TfI

TTG

By the way, I'm not buying the Vivek loves Buddy story. I spend a lot of time watching basketball, certainly more than what some CEO who owns a team on the side has between his day job and playing polo in Ferraris or whatever and the only people who have a right to love or hate a Pelicans rookie's game are people who watch nba full time and Pelican fans.

jbug617

Banned
Mannix thinks the C's and Bulls gets a deal done. He thinks Boston would end up trading the 17 Nets pick. He also said the C's would rather trade Smart over Brown.

Sanjuro

Boogie is a 1.5 years rental. I keep seeing people say that he's a free agent this summer, but he's a free agent next summer

Hell, Tim Frazier isn't some stellar point guard or anything, but as a backup, he works, especially if they stagger AD and Boogie's minutes so that he can rely on them.

If you have two big men, even if they are very versatile and can play away from the basket, you don't want your guards to focus on scoring by driving in more.

The more intriguing choice, this coming summer, is if the Pelicans make the decision to drop Jrue in search of increasing their guard/wing depth overall. Especially because you know certain teams (*cough cough* NetsSixersNuggets *cough cough*) are going to drive the market for guards up like crazy

Funny thing about this deal is they can get a better haul for Boogie than the Kings could eventually.

Doesn't HAVE to be Rose, but I think getting a veteran guard near the end of his deal or team friendly would allow the team to have a better idea of their potential. Either way I can only see them being a spoiler at best.

Pelicans are in a pretty good spot right now.

spyder_ur

Better Danny make a trade than be forced to draft another bust.

What is this long list of draft busts, exactly? He's hit on way more than he's missed given where he's drafted from.

Why do you think Boogie is a rental? He's not a free agent until 2018.

Even if Boogie gets to FA, there is a ton of value in having a guy on your roster when he does, both in terms of what you can offer him and in terms of cap flexibility.

Unless this goes disastrously - this is possible given I have questions about actual fit on the court and, well, Boogie is Boogie - I expect Boogie will sign his next extension in NO.

Jrue is definitely fine this year. the tough thing is this summer when they'll have to decide whether to pay Jrue Holiday $20M+ a year with Boogie's extension on the horizon. The trade was great, but I don't totally envy the Pelicans having to make those decisions.

I agree with you that I'd focus on getting wings. Hell, go grab Matt Barnes for free. Would you wanna play against a team with Boogie, Matt Barnes and AD?

This is going to be really interesting.

By the way, I'm not buying the Vivek loves Buddy story. I spend a lot of time watching basketball, certainly more than what some CEO who owns a team on the side has between his day job and playing polo in Ferraris or whatever and the only people who have a right to love or hate a Pelicans rookie's game are people who watch nba full time and Pelican fans.

The Buddy love affair goes back to college and the Kings haven't let go. They were big on him before last year's draft.

Top Bottom