• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Sanjuro

I wonder if Boogie's cancer will be on display tonight.

I think the other game is Knicks / Cavs on TNT? Oakley in the stands. haha

Tom Penny

C5Y8oK9UoAAma93.jpg

I'm bouncing mang..

Boring trade deadline for the C's but I'm ok with Ainge not blowing up the team for Butler or a rental of George. What the hell are the sixers doing though?

Sanjuro

We still need to hear more about the actual discussions, but the amazing thing?

Celtics could have possibly had Cousins and Butler and not given up the Brooklyn picks.

We still need to hear more about the actual discussions, but the amazing thing?

Celtics could have possibly had Cousins and Butler and not given up the Brooklyn picks.

I haven't heard much about what the Bulls wanted for Butler but I don't believe for a second that the C's could've got either of those guys without giving up at least one Brooklyn pick.

Sanjuro

I haven't heard much about what the Bulls wanted for Butler but I don't believe for a second that the C's could've got either of those guys without giving up at least one Brooklyn pick.

I mean, you're not wrong. We have no idea of Danny's SAC. We have some idea of the Chicago talks.

Chicago wanted players, not picks. SAC ultimately wanted a movie theater small popcorn size pick.

I mean, you're not wrong. We have no idea of Danny's SAC. We have some idea of the Chicago talks.

Chicago wanted players, not picks. SAC ultimately wanted a movie theater small popcorn size pick.

The Kings only settled for that pick because they got Buddy "Steph Curry Jr." Hield as well. I don't think there's any one guy on the C's they'd be just as enamored with.

Gigglepoo

Do we know what Ainge was offering Charlotte so Boston could draft Winslow? I'm curious how much he was willing to give up to move into that draft versus the assets he was dangling for Paul George and Jimmy Buttler.

Sanjuro

The Kings only settled for that pick because they got Buddy "Steph Curry Jr." Hield as well. I don't think there's any one guy on the C's they'd be just as enamored with.

That's what we think though. Again, you can't compare the rejections/deal with one team to another. I'm just going by what we know, and what we know is that combo could have likely been available for much less than Pacers were looking for.

Basically, Bird isn't a fucking idiot.

Line_HTX

Damn, Charles was right. TNT really should've shown Rockets / Pelicans. Huge crowd atmosphere tonight.

Fucking Nene gotta work harder against Boogie.

Do we know what Ainge was offering Charlotte so Boston could draft Winslow? I'm curious how much he was willing to give up to move into that draft versus the assets he was dangling for Paul George and Jimmy Buttler.

I think I remember it being 4 firsts and 2 seconds. But the nets picks surely weren't included.

He was reportedly willing to trade Larry Bird's actual legacy. The whole thing. Jordan said he has his own, which is true, but Ainge (rightfully) pointed out, "not in Charlotte, you don't." Jordan hung up and Frank the Tank is what we got.

True story, no embellishments.

Gigglepoo

I think I remember it being 4 firsts and 2 seconds. But the nets picks surely weren't included.

It's funny that the one time Ainge was willing to offer a ton of his assets was for an unproven rookie in a loaded draft. Winslow might not even be one of the ten best guys that went that year.

ViciousDS

Banned
fucking davis can literally just defend with cousins

holy shit. once these guys start clicking this is going to be amazing

pels at 8th seed is a nasty potential matchup against gsw

Bread

Banned
He was reportedly willing to trade Larry Bird's actual legacy. The whole thing. Jordan said he has his own, which is true, but Ainge (rightfully) pointed out, "not in Charlotte, you don't." Jordan hung up and Frank the Tank is what we got.

Yeah he offered a banner too, can't believe Michael didn't take it.

It's funny that the one time Ainge was willing to offer a ton of his assets was for an unproven rookie in a loaded draft. Winslow might not even be one of the ten best guys that went that year.

6 picks sounds like a lot but when they include the clippers pick and some of their own middling picks along with second round picks it's not that ridiculous.

That and rozier are two big black marks on Danny for me these rebuilding years. No idea why he was pressing so hard for Winslow.

Winslow was a pretty hyped prospect going into the draft, I think it makes sense.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
6 picks sounds like a lot but when they include the clippers pick and some of their own middling picks along with second round picks it's not that ridiculous.

Winslow was a pretty hyped prospect going into the draft, I think it makes sense.

Idk 6 picks is far too much. There is a reason he fell that far. and so far we lucked out.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Sweet Lou comes in and hits two corner 3's with his two first shots as a Rocket haha what a steal

haha

phanphare

Banned

you mean elite stretch 5 frank the tank

Top Bottom